Sign in to follow this  
Tria

Harvest Moon Village Release New Villager Abuses Invite

First of all, let me say, yes it is our own fault for things getting stolen if we do not lock things up but Harvest Moon is a village on Release run by Ultradude who invites anyone to come and join the village. He goes out of his way to help anyone that wants a new home.  It has been a great place for new people to come and be given a house or land to build on and help to grow and skill up until or if they want to go out on there own. No one is forced to do anything they don't feel like doing and are supplied with pretty much what they need to get started. 

I went to visit a friend there a couple years ago and have spent much of my time there, helping out others. We have a great group of villagers that welcome new villagers and go out of their way, I believe to make new people feel welcome and get them started.

I shared a house with a friend that is not playing anymore but our yard is open to villagers to use the snowmen as needed if they are new and need snowballs for larders or for people that just didn't make it on for the winter to collect them. (Yes we will give a new person a larder if they want one) We are a close community and I feel there has always been respect for other villagers to not take unless you ask first.

About a week ago a new villager was added to the village. His/her name is SAMMYEF. Right after joining the village I guess SAMMYEF decided it was fine to steal from fellow villagers and walk off with the 3 snowmen in my yard and possibly another one we kept in the community cave. I was away on Xan at the time. I don't know what else is missing at this time. I feel bad that now our community feels upset as we never had issues like this before and to be honest has upset everyone. 

I have not been able to get in touch with this person and don't expect he will return the items but you should be aware that this person is not someone you might want in your village. 

Again, Yes I know if it is not locked down there is nothing that can be done and it is my fault for being to trusting and wanting to help people. Just be aware.  I'm sure I will get a lot of mail saying it is your own fault but I expect that but at the same time if I can save someone else losing things, then it is worth it.

Thanks for listening.

Tria

• Like 11

You  have always gone out of your way to help other people Tria, it bothers me to see someone take advantage of that though sad to say it doesn't surprise me as eventually human nature and greed go hand in hand.  Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Sorry to hear that you have had such an undeserved event.

It is not your problem it is the problem of the person who took advantage of your kindness. Thankfully the vast majority of people who play Wurm are not like that.

All the very best to you and your village from a neighbour on Pristine

• Like 1

Thank you Spolmit! Guess I have been pretty lucky overall over the years.

• Like 1

I hate seeing when stuff like this happens; I'll happily send you three of my snowmen to replace the stolen ones, just want to make sure your in game name is Tria right? So I mail to the right person :)

Also, in the future, you can secure/plant snowmen I believe, so they can't just be stolen if the player doesn't have pickup planted perms (most of my deed roles don't have that permission checked)

• Like 6

Lisabet,

Everyone has been very kind. It is a complicated situation as I share the home with someone that does not live there anymore so trying to get things reset and more secure. I hate locking everyone out but I guess that is the way it has to be. I hate that one person can destroy your faith in people but over all the years I have played, thankfully they are few and far between.

Best regards,

Tria

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about this Tria.  I joined Harvestmoon nearly a month ago and its been a fun place to live recently and started a large build where I have all my belongings laying loose around the area that I'm working in.  I got lucky it seems and my equipment and rare stuff were all still here after being offline for a week.  I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to help but if there is let me know, I'm more than willing to help you out anyway I can.

• Like 1

Xandice,

Welcome to Harvest Moon. I have been away on Xan off and on and have not had the pleasure of meeting you yet altho been back on Release for a few days. Glad you have not had any issues and that person has been kicked out. We have a great community and please just ask if you need anything!

Tria

Ultra's been having a bit of success recruiting, which is good, but now I have stuff going missing.

I know I had turned off permissions inside my house for everyone but me, but I think something glitched because I just had to do that again, since all permissions were back on again for alliance members.

I have been welcoming newcomers and offering them tools, weapons, materials,.  I may have to check the logs to be sure, but I don think I at any point said "Come into my house and help yourself to my displayed items."  I had a high ql troll club that I have skinned with the "Spiked" skin.  Only about two weeks I adjusted the display of it and my skinned pickaxes, and at that time double checked the perms.   Just now, I was taking stock a bit as I had just given away some tools etc and realized my display was short by one spike club.  I am not impressed.

Trickster, the only thing in my logs that I have is you saying that it was fine for someone to take items from your docks, but they had to ask first.

Do you think someone who was not a villager might of come along and taken it when the perms were glitched out?   Or maybe you misplaced it?  Or maybe it decayed away but I don't expect so since you said it had high ql.

I don't know if anyone else is new.  I've got some of my rare items on my bed over at tiki, would be a shame to see them taken.  Though the building has perms on - Though if it glitched or bugged out > . <  yeah, I would not be happy either.

Hopefully you can get it sorted out and find out what happened to it :)  

• Like 1

I will assist in looking for the jack-ass and let you people know if he trys to sell with that name. I hope you get the items returned and please keep helpong new comers and old alike. Sorry you had your trust vilated

I  as in game Aaedean and Qlocek are willing to offer 1 snowman each if this will help your people just please let us know in game please I seldom on the forms but a friend showed me this thread and had to repond

5 hours ago, Zexos said:

Trickster, the only thing in my logs that I have is you saying that it was fine for someone to take items from your docks, but they had to ask first.

Do you think someone who was not a villager might of come along and taken it when the perms were glitched out?   Or maybe you misplaced it?  Or maybe it decayed away but I don't expect so since you said it had high ql.

I don't know if anyone else is new.  I've got some of my rare items on my bed over at tiki, would be a shame to see them taken.  Though the building has perms on - Though if it glitched or bugged out > . <  yeah, I would not be happy either.

Hopefully you can get it sorted out and find out what happened to it :)  

When I realized it was missing, I checked the permissions and it was pretty well all permissions for alliance members, but not for all players.  I must remember to recheck this more frequently, as I vaguely remember it reverting to "default" before, after some update. 

Yep, I am fine with people using the stuff on my dock, as long as I know about it, and I usually say that when I meet a new villager.  It is a system of sorts, whereby if I DON'T want someone else to have it, I put inside the building.  

It shouldn't have decayed in only a couple of weeks.  I can't recall the QL but I think it was 70s (high for me) and this month I have been making a point of repairing everything I can to zero damage.  At this point, though, I would prefer to think the decay glitched than someone just picked it up, but either way it is now more a case of being frustrate by not knowing.  That and the fact that I bought the skin for it.  I tell myself it is only data.

I even moved the furniture about, in case it was that graphics bug (I have a shelf unit that was full of invisible stuff - nudge it and everything appears).  

🤪 It was only about about a month ago I moved it OFF my bed.  For now I have locked away my pickaxes and dyed bedrolls, although hopefully the permissions are fixed again.

5 hours ago, jjcook said:

...  please keep helping new comers and old alike. 

I don't think this is likely to stop any of us from recruiting or helping new players.  In fact, part of the reason I noticed the item missing was that I was taking stock a bit so I knew what I had for giving away.  I hurriedly made a steel shovel for a newbie, when iron would have been more use, because I had a steel shovel blade available.  About two minutes later I found my "other" pile of spares with several shovels of various materials.

Edited by TheTrickster

This is utterly awful. 
I'm so sorry that this happened, you guys have shown the community nothing but kindness. I'm sickened by the idea of some selfish individual taking advantage. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys to lighten the burden of the lost items.
Sugarfoxx- T24 Release
I am not on the highway system, therefore I have added them to my KOS list. They are not welcome here on release

Edited by SugarFoxx

@SugarFoxxI am not sure who you have on your KOS list.  The person from the OP is probably long gone, and I have no idea who took my stuff.  In any event, I wouldn't want them booted or excluded.  I would simply prefer to have my skinned weapon back.  I would even give them something else in return (I have multiple other weapons and even a spare skinned tool or two).  Heck, at this point, I would even let them keep it if they compensated me in some agreed fashion.

Apart from the rarity system, skinning items is a way of making them distinctively one's own.  A difference from the rarity system though is that it isn't random.  I chose to put that skin on that weapon for a reason.