Sign in to follow this  
Zachariah

Independence Rift 1-22-2020 [RIFT CLOSED]

Hey Indy and other Wurmian communities. 

We need some help. There is an invasion on the Independence Server. There has been a rift that has spawned. A team of us went over today and got access to the rift area. However, there was an issue. With this rift, it is on the top of a mountain. There is a path all the way up to the rift and we made a road down off the top of the mountain to the edge of the mountain that the rift is on. But once we hit the edge of the rift and where unable to continue making the path down we decided to walk down into the rift area. 

That was a bad idea because once you climbed down you cant get back out without climbing out. The edges of thee rift go down the cliff and up the side of the mountain. Both of which are to steep for horses or carts to climb. So we where unable to kite mobs to the edge and kill them one by one like with the other rifts recently. 

So to make a long story short we need some help. We worry that this rift is going to remain unclosed. It is currently sitting at Wave 2 with 0 hearts saccd for wave 2. We had to bee summoned out of the valley because the combat didn't stop long enough to climb out. 

Below is a bit on information on how to get to the rift. 

When traveling to the rift use the highway system and find route to Wright Harbor. From there go west past the grapes grove along the main highway and follow the cobble road up. Follow the red line below on the Albia map. The second picture is what the road looks like when you come to the bottom of the road as it can be a bit hard to find. The easiest one to see is a gravel paved road going up the mountain. Once you find that go to the left 2 tiles and you will see a cobblestone road. that is what you are looking for. it leads all the way up the mountain. Once you get to the flat top go to the opposite corner and follow the road down. 

If we dont get a tea, of archers, fighters and fo priests (for light of fo since you cant leave the rift area) this rift is going to remain open. If you have any questions please ask. 

Map of the road leading up from Albia Roads Map

Spoiler

KOSzsZ6.png

Look for the cobble road within the red circle on the other side of the pens and grape fields on the west side of the main highway. 

Spoiler

7e64e5c1b31c1b9da0faadc7f072e531.jpg

Edited by Zachariah
  • Like 3

At first sight your paint skills looked like a dragon. The head in the upper right corner. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

It seems that this rift is still open. Just questions to Zach and Polarbear: Is the whole area down along the beam rift area, no rift area outside, and no non rift area inside? Further on, is wave 2 finished, and would it need bringing hearts to close it?

If there is rift area outside, one could pull foes by archery, and only go in when nearly all is done. If there is non rift area inside, one could terraform or mine for a safe pen. A mine has the disadvantage that you need a 4x4 cave for a 2x2 pen (or 3xn for a 1xn pen etc.), but also the advantage that rift creatures to my knowledge, once in, cannot get out (other than as corpses), no different from tower guards. That could be a tactic even for a small team.

Anyway, latest when Pristine rift is done, I could come for help. Tomorrow is Xanadu rift so no time then. With 2 or 3 participants, a rift may last 5 hours, we had that already.

Some of the Rift mobs were seen at Wright harbor and the surrounding area. I have no idea how many are left on the cliff in the middle of nowhere.

13 hours ago, Ekcin said:

It seems that this rift is still open. Just questions to Zach and Polarbear: Is the whole area down along the beam rift area, no rift area outside, and no non rift area inside? Further on, is wave 2 finished, and would it need bringing hearts to close it?

If there is rift area outside, one could pull foes by archery, and only go in when nearly all is done. If there is non rift area inside, one could terraform or mine for a safe pen. A mine has the disadvantage that you need a 4x4 cave for a 2x2 pen (or 3xn for a 1xn pen etc.), but also the advantage that rift creatures to my knowledge, once in, cannot get out (other than as corpses), no different from tower guards. That could be a tactic even for a small team.

Anyway, latest when Pristine rift is done, I could come for help. Tomorrow is Xanadu rift so no time then. With 2 or 3 participants, a rift may last 5 hours, we had that already.

If I am understanding correctly you are asking if there is a safe area? There is a terraformed area that archers could stand on and pull mobs over. But it is down a 40 slope right at the edge. So once you climb down the 40+ slope you have to climb out and the only way to do that is to kill all the mobs so you can climb. There is no none-rift area inside as the edge of the rift goes up the side of the mountain and down the cliff and you cant climb high enough to get out of the rift. 

Wave 2 is ongoing and has spawned mobs but you will probably have to bring heart incase you don't have enough. Our main problem was that wave 1 had already been spawned for a while so the mobs where spread apart and we could take it one by one. Once we sacced hearts and wave 2 started, all the mobs agroed us at once and we couldnt get out of the rift area so we where just trapped. 

If you have anymore questions please let me know. I can do my best to explain more. 

I can get there tomorrow - if the rift is not resolved by then. That sounds like a challenge so might be less boring than a normal rift ...

Congrats Indyans, you finally made it! Mid of night my TZ, and I was exhausted from Xanadu rift and travels, sadly.