Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

All Server Outage - 20200122

We are currently experiencing an all-server outage. Due to the nature of the outage we suspect Hetzner has had an internal issue that has made all of our servers inaccessible. Even our build infrastructure is unavailable at this time. Only the services migrated to AWS and the main website are accessible, with the main website being a different type of Hetzner service than the rest of the servers.

We've lodged a support ticket with our provider and are awaiting a response. There is currently no ETA.

We will update this post once we have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Edit: 04:30 (server time) - Servers appear to be online and accessible once again.

Edit: 04:35 (server time) - Hetzner has confirmed a network outage and are working on the problem. Expect connectivity to be degraded or intermittent while they work to correct the issue.

Edit: The issue has been resolved.

• Like 19

That sucks. Hope they respond to your request as soon as possible.

Sorry for having left the edit and header up as long as I did, but I needed some sleep! Hetzner eventually marked the issue resolved around 05:30 server time. So we've been in the clear for a while now.

Happy Wurming!

• Like 3

rip server bunnies.. waiting for the aws balooned hamsters .. free of Hetzner's claws..😬

yeah, I thought I'd read a long time ago that we were already in process of migrating everything to AWS?  Was that only the forums?  Forums have been running really well and I never think about delays and such when on them anymore.

4 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

yeah, I thought I'd read a long time ago that we were already in process of migrating everything to AWS?  Was that only the forums?  Forums have been running really well and I never think about delays and such when on them anymore.

AWS is not the ultimate problem solver. Nothing else than hardware servers on the bottom layer which also rely on network connection gear like switches and routers.

Edited by Sklo:D

8 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Still working on it, but the server infra is almost complete. We're also in the planning stages for the lift to AWS.

When I try to launch the client I get this error:

Update failed. Error: Error opening connection to patch server

Is this just me? Is there anything I can do?

Edit: works on my laptop. Must be my pc. I already tried rebooting, updating java and reinstalling wurm. Anything else I could try?

Edit2: Got it working again. Uninstalled some programs I installed yesterday. One of them must've been blocking Wurm connection. Weird.

Edited by chefpeewe