Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Minor third person perspective camera issues

A couple (er... four?) minor issues with third person and the interaction between character orientation and camera orientation:

1. The compass GUI element is relative to where the character is facing, not the camera. This is misleading, as if you stand still and turn the camera around, the compass won't update to reflect that, and using a glance left/right keybind changes the compass orientation even though it doesn't change the camera orientation. Which brings me to:
  2. Glance left/right keybinds don't quite function. They turn the character model to the left/right but this doesn't really serve a purpose without the camera moving that way as well. This function could actually be useful in third person, since movement is still relative to the camera, not the character (in other words, pressing 'w' moves you forward where "forward" is where the camera faces).
  3. The "inverse mouse" vertical axis setting does not appear to be respected in third person mode.
  4. Not sure if this is an issue or not. The game normally prevents me from placing the camera behind a blocking fence, including a camellia bush, but it does let me place it behind a low stone wall (the fence type). Not sure what the intended behavior is supposed to be here.
Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

Another one:

The appearance of a rift beam in the background is changing depending on where my character is facing, not where the camera is facing. For instance, the particle effects change if I glance right or left, even though my camera is aimed at it from the same angle. It's like the effects are trying to point toward the character's line of sight instead of the camera's line of sight.

Unsure if this affects other graphical effects at this point, aside from those mentioned above.

Edited by Ostentatio