Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Hunting grounds available

For those who may be interested in hunting mobs, the two islands in the NE corner of Independence (Parris Island and Flamgra'in) are "target rich".  Practically deserted - there is only me and one other player that pops in every now an then for 5 minutes - beasties of all sorts are running amok (I don't know the Wurm bestiary too well yet, but apart from the "standard" mobs I have also come across unicorns, seals and tortoises).  I have literally lost count of trolls.

• Like 2

I've landed on Parris island. You may notice I built a small enclosure for my stuff. If it horribly offends you I'll knock it down after I've killed everything

Nah, there is already plenty of abandoned structure so an enclosure will make little difference as long as it isn't a traffic hazard.

edit: maybe destroy the gate when you go, or just leave it unlocked.

Just don't kill MY animals...  😀

Welcome.  Please let me know how you go.  If it is still alive, there is a tortoise on the east coast that nearly got the better of me.  There is usually a scorpion in a cave on the westcoast, too.

Edited by TheTrickster

I was focusing on aggressive animals before the servers went down. 

Edit: Horses ok, as you saw. Cleared the steppe and a couple caves before I had to go to work. I'll make another sweep this evening.

Edited by Beanbag

Have fun.  I hope it is worthwhile for you.   It was good just to see some player activity.  The place has been so quiet, I have got slobby and leave bits and pieces lying about - I almost feel like "Oh, visitors!  Better do a quick tidy up!"  😀

I plan on moving off the island sometime in the next few weeks, so aggros aren't a major pain (although for me it is time consuming clearing an area every time I want to get resources); it just seemed to me that they were going to waste.  

I took a croc on the high steppe (near the oak grove).  I have never seen one that far from water before. Glimpsed a unicorn in the NE woods, too. 

Edited by TheTrickster
homophone
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Have fun.  I hope it is worthwhile for you.   It was good just to see some player activity.  The place has been so quiet, I have got slobby and leave bits and pieces lying about - I almost feel like "Oh, visitors!  Better do a quick tidy up!"  😀

I plan on moving off the island sometime in the next few weeks, so aggros aren't a major pain (although for me it is time consuming clearing an area every time I want to get resources); it just seemed to me that they were going to waste.  

I took a croc on the high steppe (near the oak grove).  I have never seen one that far from water before. Glimpsed a unicorn in the NE woods, too. 

Population density is pretty loose on all of indy, but especially on abandoned islands ;)

I killed everything I could find that was aggressive across the island and in all the caves I could find. I thought the point was to make the island safer, but I did need to take a hunting trip anyway so it worked out. The biggest bad I found was this girl:

XE7zFTd.png

She snuck up over the top of the rockface at me a couple minutes later.

At any rate, jobs done, and I'll be sailing home tomorrow after work.

So no trolls?  I had about 4 in one session, but that was a few weeks ago and I thought there might be a fair chance there were more for you.  I certainly couldn't take a troll myself, and relied on luring them into range of the guards, and boy did I go through a lot of guards. 🙄

If you want to do more hunting the next island to north is I think totally empty of players.

Obviously you have not traveled the West Coast Hwy recently.  Just getting out there to survey the new Tenakill Tunnel Hwy, I left a string of 30+ mobs bodies along the way.

I may need my large maul imp'ed back up soon and my plate has teeth marks in the posterior from frisky trolls wanting a light lunch (me!). 🙄

Cheers, The Mongus

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 8:02 AM, HughMongus said:

my plate has teeth marks in the posterior

I still remember venturing out one fine morning to find a tent set up on the northernmost waterfront end of the main north/south road on the island and a wrapped corpse at the very end of the southernmost jetty at the other end of the same road.  I cannot but imagine that to be a very quick trip!