Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Eliminate the action queue

The action queue allows the player character to be auto-played.  For starting players this is 3 actions, so there is a 2 to 1 ratio of autoplay to actual play.  For characters with higher mind logic, the auto-play could be radically more than actual play.  This is not in the spirit of Wurm.  Players should be performing each of these actions manually.

Actually, the crafting window itself is an unnecessary automation.  The player just has to stick items in the object boxes and they are automatically presented with a menu of things to craft.  Seems a bit to simplified.  Players should be typing in the object they want to craft - if they don't have the material they fail.

Don't get me started on the recipe book.

🤨  reductio ad absurdum

😇  You couldn't see it, but my tongue was in my cheek.    I have irony blood.  🇦🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Like 1

Did you play Wurm before the crafting window was implemented? Crafting stuff for a larger ship for instance was a real pain. I mean, dont get me started on how many times ive made yokes out of logs, ruining the whole log, instead of planks.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Did you play Wurm before the crafting window was implemented? Crafting stuff for a larger ship for instance was a real pain. I mean, dont get me started on how many times ive made yokes out of logs, ruining the whole log, instead of planks.

There is still yokes laying around at our old place in Black Pearl at Exo 😆

Edited by Willslaphansien
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cecci said:

The guy is just trolling.

No, not trolling.  As I indicated in the original post I was making a point by validly applying reductio ad absurdum.  

There have been objections to QoL suggestions on the basis that Wurm is and should be at its core all about grinding.  The action queue, the crafting window and the recipe book all eliminate tedious grinding, which by the logic of objections should not be allowed.  I do not agree with those objections - and London to a brick , those who make them have made liberal use of these small automations. 

The fact that this suggestion which simply applies the same logic as the objections is patently absurd demonstrates absurdity of the logic.  

p.s.  I really didn't think it was particularly subtle irony.

Edited by TheTrickster
homophone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nygen said:

Nope

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

The guy is just trolling.

• Cat 1

I did write for a whole two minutes saying why this is a stupid idea but i felt like i'm wasting my time. and maybe even you enjoy it.

no true wurmian would ever come up with something like this

I'll read the post.. but title gets me to instantly reply with...

"grind some ML noob"

brb.. reading now..

--edit

what what?

what do you suggest.. it's not exactly.. killing the benefit of Ml grinds.. so what the ... huh??

NO, keep stuff as they are.. it's STUPID to queue many actions to create or work..... it's a FACT... as every next action scales the time and ****s the QL and damage on your tools... when you just want to do work.... but for skilling.. it does offer it's benefits... sort of.... I'd still rather keep it..

Also... I'd keep the B(crafting window)..

- Why? 

BECAUSE! it's a nice lazy way to craft stuff.... it's stupid to have crafting system like the forest or strangled deep or .... whaever similar games.... have crafting with dropping items in piles... to get a right click to pick 1 of 1-3 options....

THAT'S TOO MUCH INTERACTION.. AND WAY TOO MUCH MICROMANAGEMENT

It is not more realistic... if you work on something you work with a tool.. rather than tossing everything in a pile and 'working' with the piled up items...(even though that's kind of how I wurm.. but that's another topic....)

-1 to whatever you're suggesting here, crafting window is perfectly fine, ML is stupid to grind but there who have worked for it... have their own perk that is not even that beneficial most of the time.

Edited by Finnn
--edit

I play Wurm with so little gui, I don't even need to log in anymore

• Like 3

I repeat, really didn't think it was particularly subtle irony.  

Did nobody read to the end of the post?  Did nobody read my TWO responses explaining what this is?

I suppose I should be grateful that those who thought it was a troll have at least perceived that it is so nonsensical that it could not be a genuine request for change, especially in light of those who seem to have taken it earnestly despite the final line of the post lampshading that it is a rhetorical device.

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

I'll read the post..

But apparently you didn't read all of it.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

i miss when troll posts were funny and not some attempt to be smarter than everyone

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:39 PM, TheTrickster said:

I repeat, really didn't think it was particularly subtle irony.  

Doesn't it come to you that your responses, the previous ones as well as the last, at least a bit sound like the classic "but .. that was my little brother who grabbed the keyboard while I was in the bathroom"?

18 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Doesn't it come to you that your responses, the previous ones as well as the last, at least a bit sound like the classic "but .. that was my little brother who grabbed the keyboard while I was in the bathroom"?

No, not at all.