Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Wurm Unlimited beta 1.9.2.7

Greetings Wurmians!

Todays update is a little bit of a bittersweet one, marking the end of official content support for Wurm Unlimited. Over the past four years we've introduced many new features and shared many things. It's no secret that the mods brought to Wurm have made the game far more than we have with the vanilla version, and this update makes a few things easier for them to implement mods, both mechanics, client AND graphical.

We'll continue to work with modders and address any major issues raised and of course, Wurm Unlimited is still on the store and we will still be supporting those with questions, technical issues and the like.

With that said, these notes include a guide on how to create a resource pack, easy addition of mods (just place them in the mods folder!)

We'd also like to thank ago for giving us permission to integrate his moad loader, as well as those who worked on it and provided updates to it as well.

Wurm Unlimited wouldn't be the game it is without you all, and we deeply thank you for that.

And as always, Keep on Wurming!

Added ago’s modloader to the server and client.

• You can now, as previously using the modloader, put mods in “mods” folder in both server and client files. You can find mods at https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/259-mods/
  • Installing mods is at your own risk and can contain potentially dangerous code, make sure to verify their origins prior to using them.

Added user resource packs

Bug Fixes

• Fixed duplicate SteamID history entries in the database.
  • Fixed journal entries showing 100% but not completing.
  • Fixed forges becoming lit after a server restart for no reason.
  • Fixed getting multiple rare ashes from forges.
  • Fixed quivers in inventory being prioritized over quivers equipped on hip.
  • Fixed metal materials on cache lumps.
  • Fixed being able to cast multiple lurker spells on one item.
  • Fixed being able to put low quality pages in the journal from bulk containers.
  • Fixed wells with items placed on top not filling up.
  • Fixed being able to cast dirt on storage racks.
  • Fixed being able to cast mirror self on yourself, it only worked when cast on tile.
  • Fixed being able to rune liquids.
  • Fixed locks disappearing on server transfer.
  • Fixed being able to fit a corpse into a mailbox.
  • Removed Rift related journal goals.
  • Removed Manage player payments option.
  • Removed pruning of players from the db after 90 days of inactivity.
  • Like 3

So if a server and client already had his mod loader, then it’s no change? My Hoster uses a special line to point to his patched client launcher so does this have to change now to just point to the normal Wurm launcher and no need for the special patched one?

57 minutes ago, WittleBunnBun said:

So if a server and client already had his mod loader, then it’s no change? My Hoster uses a special line to point to his patched client launcher so does this have to change now to just point to the normal Wurm launcher and no need for the special patched one?

All hosters will most likely break completly with this update. So if they install the update you will no longer be able to start up your server, if they are not prepared for that.

They need to give you new instructions on handling the new situation plus they need to fix their setup so the modloaders are not fighting eachother.

Edited by Sklo:D

47 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

All hosters will most likely break completly with this update. So if they install the update you will no longer be able to start up your server, if they are not prepared for that.

They need to give you new instructions on handling the new situation plus they need to fix their setup so the modloaders are not fighting eachother.

When they updated, the server started fine but acted like the mod folder was empty. 

not sure why, so I had them revert back 

Ago's modloader updated independently of WU in the past. What happens if a new feature is needed for the modloader now that it's integrated with WU? Since WU is no longer being updated are we now effectively stuck with the current version of the modloader as well?

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere so I would appreciate comments around it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nappy said:

Ago's modloader updated independently of WU in the past. What happens if a new feature is needed for the modloader now that it's integrated with WU? Since WU is no longer being updated are we now effectively stuck with the current version of the modloader as well?

The modloader & javassist will be loaded as a jar lib. 

26 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

The modloader & javassist will be loaded as a jar lib. 

That was my hope. Glad to have confirmation.

Glad to see the modloader myself, will help with my work on a texture pack for WU ^^

Just also sad that we won't see content updates, especially some of the recent stuff WO has gotten :(

• Like 1

They don't want money sucked away from their Steam WO so they abandon WU and hope it dies? Don't really understand the reasoning myself. 

Silly me, I figured the resource packs were for on the server, like current serverpacks mod that get pushed to the client if they have the client serverpacks mod.

Just did some testing and yeah the resource packs go on client machines, so if you did this as a server admin everyone who joined your server would need to d/l and install your resource packs.

19 hours ago, Cuddles said:

Just did some testing and yeah the resource packs go on client machines, so if you did this as a server admin everyone who joined your server would need to d/l and install your resource packs.

Yup. Would be the same as it is now with players trying to install their own mods and such. A surprising amount of people just do not know how so they miss out on all the hard work people put into making the new model or textures. 

Same as minecraft, resource packs can be added to client, good for folks like the player recently makeing a sphax like pack for WU. just dl and drop into the folder.

2 hours ago, zCat said:

Any clues when this will stop being Beta?

Hopefully never with all the bugs still unfixed

since all the collisions are client side, this could ruin pvp really. a resource pack for client that makes all doors including mine doors nothingness means a player could literally just walk into enemy base like it was nothing.

just checked and my current server is version 1.9.1.5 

did this patch end up getting released at any stage in the last 2 months or is it still in Beta?

9 hours ago, Cuddles said:

just checked and my current server is version 1.9.1.5 

did this patch end up getting released at any stage in the last 2 months or is it still in Beta?

The update is unfinished and bugged, releasing it would be ridiculous.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:38 AM, Retrograde said:

Greetings Wurmians!

Todays update is a little bit of a bittersweet one, marking the end of official content support for Wurm Unlimited. Over the past four years we've introduced many new features and shared many things. It's no secret that the mods brought to Wurm have made the game far more than we have with the vanilla version, and this update makes a few things easier for them to implement mods, both mechanics, client AND graphical.

Exactly when is this update going to be made? Or has this been abandoned like everything else Code Club initially promised? Seriously, it's been over half a year. Now that you have your shiny new thing going how about giving the stepchild some crumbs. 🤨

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hanel said:

Exactly when is this update going to be made? Or has this been abandoned like everything else Code Club initially promised? Seriously, it's been over half a year. Now that you have your shiny new thing going how about giving the stepchild some crumbs. 🤨

7 hours ago, Hanel said:

You can already get this version actually, you right click the game in your steam library, go to properties, then click on the "betas" tab, and choose to opt into the "beta_branch -"

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 4:11 PM, Fablecrafter said:

You can already get this version actually, you right click the game in your steam library, go to properties, then click on the "betas" tab, and choose to opt into the "beta_branch -"

Actually that's the beta version. You know as well as I do that I am talking about the finished version. It can remain beta until the end of time and still not have the released version. Don't know why you would attempt to deflect the question like that. Why do you think it is you can look at the WU server list and see only two public servers using the beta version out of the entire list?

Edited by Hanel

the umm, Original post refers to it as `the beta release` , doesn't promise anywhere that it'll come out of beta.

You'd like to know when this release isn't beta anymore.
Fable referred to it existing already in its `finished state`.
he wasn't deflecting.

how can it be finished if it's beta, we ask.
The beta version conflicts with some mods tho i've not tried them all,  mod makers can easily overlook it because, it's a beta u need to opt into.

when is it not gonna be?
opt-in beta versions exist as previews before they get added to the default client.
This is not the case with WU, it seems, frozen in time.

Edited by Steveleeb

On 8/28/2020 at 4:34 AM, Steveleeb said:

the umm, Original post refers to it as `the beta release` , doesn't promise anywhere that it'll come out of beta.

You'd like to know when this release isn't beta anymore.
Fable referred to it existing already in its `finished state`.
he wasn't deflecting.

how can it be finished if it's beta, we ask.
The beta version conflicts with some mods tho i've not tried them all,  mod makers can easily overlook it because, it's a beta u need to opt into.

when is it not gonna be?
opt-in beta versions exist as previews before they get added to the default client.
This is not the case with WU, it seems, frozen in time.

Releasing something as beta infers it as being incomplete and buggy dissuading people from using it. As such I don't know of more than one or two WU servers bothering to use it. Why would anyone? It's beta. Unfinished. Incomplete. More likely to have bugs than the release version. I expect it will be in perpetual beta.

yeah i agree, i was just joining the dots between the 2 posts.
unfortunately, CC don't care about WU.
personally i'm happy i have a home on sklo and have never had trouble using the client mods until i activate the beta option.
Yer right, leaving this in beta is testament to how little they care but it's a very old insult now i think most of us have gotten over it.
we're simply grateful WU exists at all.

It is coming, just shelved behind the Steam update. It is in our roadmap and will be released.