Sign in to follow this  
Samool

WU Resource Packs - creation and usage

3 hours ago, bdew said:

Yes because the game needs to reload everything related to an item from one pack, it can't load the model from one place and textures for another. Wogic 😛

Alright, figured it would work like how Minecraft's resource packs do, that the models wouldn't be loaded via pack, unless they were included in the pack itself, but if that's not how it was being done, guess that makes sense, thanks for the help ^^

Alright, so now I'm having an interesting issue... my entire wall is opening as part of the door? Tried to get a screenshot to show it...

36IoP48.jpg

check that you include the animation files in anim subfolder and the relevant entries in properties.xml in your pack

2 hours ago, bdew said:

check that you include the animation files in anim subfolder and the relevant entries in properties.xml in your pack

Alright, thanks will give that a try when I get around to tinkering with it again next time ^^

Course... could be somewhat humorous, if I were to leave it, and figure out textures to go along with that... would really weird people out XD 

This may seem weird to ask, but aside from making it easier for users to revert back to default game textures... If I plan on replacing all the game textures, is there any benefit of doing the resource pack instead of just simply replacing the graphics.jar?

The only reason NOT to modify the graphics.jar is that it's overwritten if (don't laugh) there's an update to Wurm Unlimited and all your replacements will be gone.  Keeping them separate is the easy way to make sure they're never deleted by an update.  

as rociwan said an update to wurm would just replace your graphics.jar

If it is for personal use then yeah replacing it would probably be fine, if you want to release it for others to use it is probably better to do it as a mod.

22 hours ago, Ricowan said:

The only reason NOT to modify the graphics.jar is that it's overwritten if (don't laugh) there's an update to Wurm Unlimited and all your replacements will be gone.  Keeping them separate is the easy way to make sure they're never deleted by an update.  

15 hours ago, Cuddles said:

as rociwan said an update to wurm would just replace your graphics.jar

If it is for personal use then yeah replacing it would probably be fine, if you want to release it for others to use it is probably better to do it as a mod.

Alright, just figured that since I'd have to just copy the models and animations over anyway, that it seemed like a waste to make an entirely different file for it, but that does bring up a good point

Just tagging thread to reference later. Hoping to work my own Resource Pack. Looking for any advice.