Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

path of insanity swap removed without warning

as of last patch, path of insanitys free swap has been disabled. from what i'm told in ca help, this was an intentional decision that wasn't in the patch notes.

From retro's post in the past, there was meant to be a minimum of one months notice that the transfer was ending

3319d5c53e1abffaa8c53c0cf55c66d4.png

what happened

• Like 3

Way to piss people off and make them waste months on something planned. Such a great timing

On 1/14/2020 at 6:49 PM, Sklo:D said:

I think that such negative development decisions need to stop, it is not like there wouldn't be any alternatives. In 2020 you can find a good online game in each edge of the internet. Wurm must become the imagination of it's players again and not some result of a bunch of meetings.

Quoting myself from another thread only 4 days later, well that escalated quickly.

Back to ninja updates like in past. One step forward, 3 backwards. Why i am not surprised? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

as of last patch, path of insanitys free swap has been disabled. from what i'm told in ca help, this was an intentional decision that wasn't in the patch notes.

From retro's post in the past, there was meant to be a minimum of one months notice that the transfer was ending

3319d5c53e1abffaa8c53c0cf55c66d4.png

what happened

Pretty sure Retros "currently have no plans" must have expired 3 and a half years later i guess. I mean, it decayed as the promise was not deeded with sufficient upkeep to last any longer :D

It wasn't an intentional decision to exclude it from notes, and it wasn't last patch. After three years of being possible at some point it was disabled. I'll try find out when. 

Sorry about no notice, it wasn't raised as intentionally hiding it though! 

Scratch that, was last patch. 

Was an unintended side effect of the loyalty system transfer option, it was changed to only be available if the option was selected. 

Will see about having it re-enabled for the month of Feb and update here. 

Will be enabled on the end of Jan patch for one month until end of Feb patch. This is the full warning and I'll add it in next week's VI! 

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Will be enabled on the end of Jan patch

can you provide us more specific patch date plz? like end of Jan could be classed tmr, mid next week, next weekend, last day of Jan.. since its a big patch coming with lots of changes, it would be nice to have exact date when the patch goes live. Not thinking we still have few days to prepare just to log in the next day and find out its all been patched already...

Last Thursday of the month every month is our goal for the big monthly patches 

• Like 1

Why don’t you have encyclopedic knowledge of things you said 4 years ago?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chakron said:

Why don’t you have encyclopedic knowledge of things you said 4 years ago?

Mate I don't have knowledge of things I said four hours ago

• Like 10

What game is this? Am I a flower in a planter? Good I still have my toothbrush and towel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

You promised nicer colored buckets. Don't make me go search for the post!!!

On 1/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, Retrograde said:

Well, lucky for you, I am here to help out. In addition to the nicer colored buckets (true story), you also promised polar bears on the tundra tiles, vacation deeds, and a Valdor action figure in every home.

The last one seemed especially important...

• Like 1

Oh thank you! I thought it was nicer coloured deeds, leave valdor on tundra tiles, vacation buckets and a polar bear in every home! 

• Like 1

Thank you for re-enabling it after the update. I was shocked to read this.

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

...and a polar bear in every home! 

Ah, what the hell. I'll take it!