Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Item decay on merchants or mail

I returned after many months, to find all my merchants on vacation again.  So I checked my mail and found all my gear - well, most of it.  I lost a number of whetstones and pelts, plus had several others with really high decay.  Also a few other items had decay when I did not expect any.  One med rug was at 70% and I am pretty sure I did not put it on the merchant at 70.  Tons of high end moon metal lumps are near destroyed, or gone completely.  Much of my high end armor is in various states of decay. 

This is not how I left it on my merchants.

@Samool@Retrograde

Thought you guys should see this, per someone's suggestion that I tag you.

Edited by Wurmhole

Also, this is the 3rd time my merchants left from inactivity.  The first time all my goods decayed like this though, so someone changed something in the decay code.

So a question I have is can I get my decayed items recovered?  I don't care too much about pelts and whetstones, but I do care about moon metal items and lumps.  It is pretty expensive imping armor.  I paid a lot for both the armor pieces and lumps.  I hate to see that investment lost because of a bug.

Edited by Wurmhole

Please don't tag us in bug reports, whoever told you to was misleading you. 

I have to ask, are your Merchants on deed when they go inactive? Does your deed upkeep expire and deed disband? I have a merchant at a designated Trade town and don't have any problem with items decaying and my merchant stays active even if I take a break, granted I think my longest break has been between 2-3 months. My deed has not disbanded as I usually keep 6 months or more upkeep on it. I am guessing your deed went inactive and disbanded and that would cause a merchant to pack up and the items be sent to the mailbox in a pack where I do believe they take damage if not picked up in I believe 14 days?

• Like 1

I picked up items today from a "packed up" merchant also. and the pelts and logs had damage. The deed had over a year upkeep. The merchants packed up, because I had not logged in the account that had the merchant contracts in quite a while.

I will also agree with the statement. That the last time I had a merchant "pack up" that I received the items with no decay ticks.

I personally don't think that merchants should pack up, when they are on a fully funded deed, and the mayor has not requested a "pack up".

• Like 2

I have 2 years of upkeep left on the deed. 

Sorry Retro for tagging you.  The game I mostly play now (Conan Exiles) has a pretty open communication with the CRMs.  I'll refrain from involving you in the future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ohana said:

I picked up items today from a "packed up" merchant also. and the pelts and logs had damage. The deed had over a year upkeep. The merchants packed up, because I had not logged in the account that had the merchant contracts in quite a while.

I will also agree with the statement. That the last time I had a merchant "pack up" that I received the items with no decay ticks.

I personally don't think that merchants should pack up, when they are on a fully funded deed, and the mayor has not requested a "pack up".

Thanks Ohana for the confirmation.  This must be a bug then, unless they intentionally changed the code.  That being the case, what recourse do we have for getting compensated for the damage and loss to rare and valuable items?  There must be logs somewhere of all the merchant items at the time they were packed up and added to the mail system, right?  My account that owned the merchants is Mordor and the deed they were on is Mordor, if that helps anyone to look into the logs. 

I still have tons of items in the mail system, since I stopped pulling them after seeing how much damage I was getting.

My character Shaylie was the one to actually remove from the physical mail box, after Mordor "received" the mail.

Thank you for the help!

Edited by Wurmhole

43 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I have 2 years of upkeep left on the deed. 

Sorry Retro for tagging you.  The game I mostly play now (Conan Exiles) has a pretty open communication with the CRMs.  I'll refrain from involving you in the future.

Please don't take it the wrong way, Alectrys is our qa and this is her domain, I have notifications for tagging off its just going to lead to everyone thinking it's the go to is all. 

Now, can you provide a list of what was damaged? You can post screenshots here or in a pm 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Please don't take it the wrong way, Alectrys is our qa and this is her domain, I have notifications for tagging off its just going to lead to everyone thinking it's the go to is all. 

Now, can you provide a list of what was damaged? You can post screenshots here or in a pm 

I totally understand :)

I threw a bunch of stuff away like pelts and whetstones, because I honestly didn't need them anyway.  Had just been saving for new players, but it has been ages since I've needed to give handouts for new folks.

I'll take some time over the next couple days to capture and post the remaining items that I believe were damaged in the mail.  What I can't post is the items that may have decayed completely.  For instance, I have a ql 20 lump at damage 97.  Did I have other low lumps that vanished?

I guess I would like to know if there is a log file that shows when my 11 merchants went on strike and what the items were that got sent to the mail system?  It seems like a game transaction that is recorded somewhere and could be reviewed for verification, allowing us to figure out at which point the items decayed.  Did they decay the moment I checked mail?  Did it happen with decay ticks normally while in mail?  Did they somehow have all that decay when they left the merchants, meaning merchants no longer protect goods like they used to?

This will help me(everyone)  understand what I need to do in the future, when I store things long term and end up taking a vacation from the game.

19 hours ago, Ohana said:

Agreed. Merchants should never pack up and leave if the deed has upkeep left. Is not like we have players lined up waiting to use merchant stalls.

Following are several screen shots of item lists that have damage.  What I care about are the items that can't be imped with iron or easily replaced - lumps, spyglasses, knapsack.  Pelts, rare rocks, logs, bricks and such, I am just tossing.  I know some folks like them, but at this point, it just isn't worth hoarding that stuff.  Some stuff in the images is impable and a lot of items I did not even post, because too many!  Mainly I wanted you to see the variety of decay I received for the bug report and then the critical things like the moon metal lumps and gear, which I'd dearly love getting restored to undamaged glory.

jwjM7Mi.png

L3NBDXp.png

ocV45fq.png

Oks3rVJ.png

BSw4laC.png

dxBMQlO.png

Edited by Wurmhole

On 1/17/2020 at 4:30 AM, Alectrys said:

Added for investigation.  Thanks for the report.

Any luck on the investigations?

I have no new information.  I've added a bug for investigation but no response from the devs.  I will post if and when I get an answer.

• Like 1