Sign in to follow this  
SugarFoxx

Lava tile not melting veins

I recently purchased a new deed on an island that was made by wand of the seas. I have now made two attempts to discard a sandstone vein that is blocking me from creating a mine entrance by having the tile erupted. Neither time has discarded the sandstone (melted? idk)
My first attempt was followed by a ticket, the Cm that responded was wonderful,  their advice was to try a second time. If there was no change, it was suggested to post here...
Here I am :)
So can anyone offer some insight..
The first Lava cast was frozen but took upwards of 12 hours to cool down.
The second Lava was frozen and cooled faster but the sandstone vein remains intact.
Q8UWuGf.png

Edited by SugarFoxx
Piccy

Erupting a tile changes the rock tile to lava, and the rock/ore wall directly underneath into a lava wall. Freezing the above-ground lava tile will also freeze the lava wall beneath, changing it to rock, even if it was previously an ore tile.

First make it lava with the power and then use the freeze power after 18 hours that has passed, it should do the trick. If thats exactly how you have been doing it, then i have no clue.. i guess its a new bug.

Edited by Themystrix

During the last week I've erupted then frozen 4 tiles in a row (slate, iron, sandstone in the mix), all worked like a charm. I think the magic is done when you actively freeze the tile, was it just left alone to let the lava cool off? I suspect there is still lava in the mine layer if so.

EDIT: years ago when you froze the lava on the surface the mine layer was still a lava tile, had to either disintegrate or freeze separately. It is not the case anymore, freezing the surface level will turn the mine tile to rock.

Edited by Jaz

Am I correct that there is no other entrance to that mine to get to the sandstone from the other side? Could try to erupt the surface tile then disintegrate the lava in the mine. Might not work either as the surface will have lava thus opening up is not possible... so maybe it would only turn to rock like when you mine out a vein and something blocks the removal of the tile.

Edited by Jaz

22 hours ago, Themystrix said:

Erupting a tile changes the rock tile to lava, and the rock/ore wall directly underneath into a lava wall. Freezing the above-ground lava tile will also freeze the lava wall beneath, changing it to rock, even if it was previously an ore tile.

First make it lava with the power and then use the freeze power after 18 hours that has passed, it should do the trick. If thats exactly how you have been doing it, then i have no clue.. i guess its a new bug.

We left the lava tile for at least 18 hours to my knowledge, unfortunately. 😕

21 hours ago, Jaz said:

Am I correct that there is no other entrance to that mine to get to the sandstone from the other side? Could try to erupt the surface tile then disintegrate the lava in the mine. Might not work either as the surface will have lava thus opening up is not possible... so maybe it would only turn to rock like when you mine out a vein and something blocks the removal of the tile.

That tile beside it can be raised with concrete and re-opened.. I could potentially just buckle down and mine it out, but I thought that it was odd that the lava wasn't working from the outside.
sugar 0 sadstone 2 (rip)

You're sure you erupted the right tile? Erupting should change the underground tile (in this case sandstone) to lava, so there shouldn't be any chance for it to remain sandstone.

8 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

You're sure you erupted the right tile? Erupting should change the underground tile (in this case sandstone) to lava, so there shouldn't be any chance for it to remain sandstone.

Positive, the person who did it for me, does it all the time and has 0 issues

There was a bug a while back, where tiles that sandstone tiles that were mined out, then collapsed again, would revert to sandstone veins after a server restart again. I am unsure if that was ever fixed. Perhaps this is related?

• Like 2