Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 16/JAN/20 Craftable Bedrolls

PatchNotes.png
  • New:  You can now craft bedrolls, similar to the 2019 Christmas Gift version.
    • Bedroll requires tent owned by player within 2 tiles.
    • Bedroll can only be slept on by the person who dropped it, also only picked up by the person who dropped it.
    • A player will get 75% of the normal bed sleep bonus gain for the crafted bedrolls..
    • The Christmas Gift version allows full sleep bonus and has a unique texture.
    • Bedrolls (both crafted and festive) take damage on use, decay as usual, are repairable and impable.
  • Bugfix: Due to festive bedrolls not being repairable before, they’ve been restored to 99QL.
  • Bugfix: All items should take the same damage on lava now (1dmg per 15min).
  • Bugfix:  Corpses are now blocked from mailing.

33 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix: All items should take the same damage on lava now (1dmg per 15min).

does this mean items that are polled continuously, like forges, no longer take absurd damage on lava, or is it a fix for things not taking damage if nobodys in local

16 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

does this mean items that are polled continuously, like forges, no longer take absurd damage on lava, or is it a fix for things not taking damage if nobodys in local

The former.

• Like 2

Nobody mentioning the date format in the title? Or am I just retarded for not getting why a patch note for the 1st of January 2019 (19/01/JAN) seems to have been posted just now?

I am of the confuse, plz explain.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flubb said:

Nobody mentioning the date format in the title? Or am I just retarded for not getting why a patch note for the 1st of January 2019 (19/01/JAN) seems to have been posted just now?

The date posted here is in error.  The launcher has today's date as the patch date which is correct (even though the URL to the detail page is a bit confusing https://www.wurmonline.com/2020/01/16/patch-notes-19-01-jan-craftable-bedrolls/).  Issue has been reported.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flubb said:

tRdUOV5.png

• Like 7

What skill level in cloth tailoring is required for this?

Also, has anyone made one yet that can supply a screenshot of what it looks like?

50 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

Also, has anyone made one yet that can supply a screenshot of what it looks like?

Not sure if there's level requirement, but here's something

[19:41:13] <Schiann> I had an 89% chance to create at 52 skill, so at least a lowbie has a chance of making one, if they really want to suffer through it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seriphina said:

At 18 Cloth tailoring with a 2ql needle and a 6ql piece of wool cloth, I have a 13% chance

• Like 3

Thanks for the craftable version! For those curious, here it is next to the festive bedroll. Festive on the left, craftable on the right.  @Seriphina

666d6c3f50.png

aaaaand they are dyable :D

826cd5907e.png

• Like 8

Also, I have 73 cloth tailoring, and my lowest ql mat was 33. Most mats were 50ish because I was too lazy to make high ql ones. This took a good bit of time and I failed quite a few times on continuing. May be a pain for some lower CT crafters.

Also, they take a 4.5kg piece of wool cloth to start so make extra wool cloth!

Edited by DemonaNightshade
Adding in wool cloth note
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Thanks for the craftable version! For those curious, here it is next to the festive bedroll. Festive on the left, craftable on the right.  @Seriphina

666d6c3f50.png

aaaaand they are dyable :D

826cd5907e.png

These are awesome. Thank you all  ❤️

No more steam updates for unlimited.. seems the game is going downhill. Wont play online no more because of them abandoning unlimited.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Devily said:

No more steam updates for unlimited.. seems the game is going downhill. Wont play online no more because of them abandoning unlimited.

You've missed the notes with WU being dropped from active development.. and just getting bug-fixes, right?

It's not completely.. abandoned.. but new content is simply not sipping into that cup anymore.. (wu have it's own content mods which make it unique in it's own way..)

9 hours ago, Finnn said:

You've missed the notes with WU being dropped from active development.. and just getting bug-fixes, right?

It's not completely.. abandoned.. but new content is simply not sipping into that cup anymore.. (wu have it's own content mods which make it unique in it's own way..)

They did abandoned it.. as its not getting any new content. Shame to see wurm going under like this. Could have been much more.. i wonder if notch knew this was comming.

4 hours ago, Devily said:

They did abandoned it.. as its not getting any new content. Shame to see wurm going under like this. Could have been much more.. i wonder if notch knew this was comming.

Most new content has come from modders regardless, they offer a different experience and I'd like to continue supporting them.

Notch left like ten years ago, I don't think it's cos he saw in ten years we'd end Wurm Unlimited.

• Like 5

On 1/18/2020 at 9:27 AM, Finnn said:

Except Code Club hasn't made it any easier for modders to implement custom content like models, textures, etc.

1 hour ago, Huntar said:

Except Code Club hasn't made it any easier for modders to implement custom content like models, textures, etc.

With userpacks and the conversion tool it's quite simple to create your own jars and have players download them, they don't need to update their graphics jar and it's really simple 

On 1/20/2020 at 6:22 AM, Retrograde said:

With userpacks and the conversion tool it's quite simple to create your own jars and have players download them, they don't need to update their graphics jar and it's really simple 

That's the problem, creating jars and requiring players to install them out of game when it would be better served through the Workshop or as an ingame function that allows players to download custom content from a server.

What stops any random dev to pick up the torch and make a packet system and accept links to github or other 'file storage' as these aren't exactly code... could be googledrive/onedrive etc.. any cloud storage with public links.... submit content there and manage it on your own... while the packet system only managed downloading these from the lib and un/loading such when starting the game or during playing.. however it's possible to work...

modders have the freedom to do all kinds of cool things, just suggest something like that in the right section.. if somebody have the time and knowledge... can make your dreams come true... for jar management

On 1/19/2020 at 5:04 AM, Retrograde said:

Most new content has come from modders regardless, they offer a different experience and I'd like to continue supporting them.

Notch left like ten years ago, I don't think it's cos he saw in ten years we'd end Wurm Unlimited.

You actually say that wrong. Most modders fix everythign what code club broke all over the years.

Sign in to follow this