Sign in to follow this  
Xvbabyvx

Suggestion : Auto-Travel By Way of Highway system

10 hours ago, Finnn said:

bull****... for example... in granado espada it was all about teleports... PoE is all about teleports... you just GO TO WHERE THE FUN IS... it's not about the journey, sometimes you just want to be where you can do the thing you want and not waste time on the scenic road

Except Wurm is an open world sandbox and you want to skip the open world because of convenience.

Yes it can be tedious travelling over long distances so chose not to by living  with your friends on same deed or use summon soul.

Is like you get a girlfriend but only want to have sex every other interaction you refuse it and claim that they are tedious and not something you enjoy so her thinking is flawed for expecting to get those too.

6 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

The substantiation which you claim was not presented was the very next quotation, which you omitted when you quoted me.  To make it clear - you specifically said that the grinding burns you out and then later specifically said that the burnout is NOT because of the grinding. You stated both A and Not A - which is by definition contradiction.  Your accusation of not presenting substantiating argument is false, but then you made the accusation without substantiating it (and in fact what you omitted falsified your accusation).

This is why talking to someone on the internet is useless.

I explained to him 5 times by now that in order to get to an objective you can either pace yourself and do it in a longer time or grind the progress reach the objective faster but risk burning yourself out.

Then i told him that i am aware if i take the 2nd choice then is going to be my fault i burned myself out not the fault of the objective requiring time and effort to be reached.

So get my point or a multivitamin suppliment once a day to enhance your understanting of things being explained to you.

Please stop trying to tell me what I think.  You don't know what I think, you only know what I post. 

Unless you think one thing then post another i have the right to be confident i know what you think. So my statement is valid and you just need another vitamin intake.

I have not found anything in any of the documentation content that the concept of the game is "Everything must be a grind" with the possible exception of your own assertion.  If that is what it is for you, great.  For me that is like saying that the chief enjoyment of hiking is getting blisters.

Have you not found anywhere information that said Wurm is a slow pace game where you need alot of skills to do stuff?

Blisters are not the main enjoyment of hiking they are the consequence of doing it too much without proper breaks. You can reach a summit by hiking without getting any blisters if you pace yourself they are not mutually exclusive.

What you want however is to reach the summit in no time without blisters so you ask to be airlifted by a helicopter to the summit because you love nature and hiking but an airlift means you dont get to experience most of it. 

So you argue that you will enjoy the nature from the summit. Fair point is your preference but the people that organised the hike did it for the ones that are interested in actually doing it.

Please stop saying "you want" all the time.  I have already addressed this. You don't know what I want; all you know is what somebody else altogether said they want and that I agreed that I think it would be an enhancement to the game for some.  I can say for certain that both of those statements about what I want are in error.

You are repeating yourself so i will just copy paste answers for you at this point:

Unless you think one thing then post another i have the right to be confident i know what you want. So my statement is valid and you just need another vitamin intake.

Please provide some substantiation that the developers decided that they want their game to be all about grinding for everything.

I summon thee Rolf!! (just give him a bit of time he is slow in the mornings)

I thought you played the game. You think they ended up with this design by accident? That they did not know what they were doing?

Funny thing is that Rolf and Notch started this project then they argued over the design so Notch left to make Minecraft that is alot less grindy and Rolf stayed and made Wurm what it is today.

So how much more of a proof do you need that Wurm is ment to be a grind by design?

• Cat 1

😐

Edited by TheTrickster
scratched - pearls and porkers

BUMP

Since last discussing this, I have progressed enough to have reasonable speed mount, a reasonable wagon and a reasonable speed boat.  My skills are still very stunted (for instance not a one of them has reached 50) mostly because I quite frequently just go exploring instead of skill-building activities.  Of any single activity, travel is probably what I do most.  I explain this so that it is clear that I very much value being able to journey.

However, I also see great value in the ability to set your destination - on a known route - and have a driver take you there while you enjoy the sights, or fix the stitching on your backpack or whatever.  There have been a couple of variants on this suggestion, mostly the "on your own vehicle" and "on some other vehicle".

The "on your own vehicle" is perhaps more difficult to automate in a way that doesn't just remove you from the game.  Navigation is not an issue, as the waystone system covers that nicely (and the nautical equivalent is eagerly awaited).  The issue is if your character is driving then, well, your character should be driving.  The solution would be to have some kind of hired driver, which of course could already be done with no development at all if you can find another player willing to do the job.  Failing that (and really, who would take it on?  It's menial work but it requires premmed characteristics) it would require a new kind of NPC, a "wagoners offsider" perhaps, that you can hire through that network (but it may mean some wait time).  In this way you would park your vehicle at a certain spot, hire the driver, and remain on the vehicle (even if logged out).  One "automation" that would make a-to-b travel less tedious would be to allow auto-alignment with the cardinal compass directions.

The "on some other vehicle" would also use an NPC, whether that is a wagoner or a "driver" depending on whether it is piggy-bagged to wagoneering or if it is a carriage as Angelklaine suggested.   I can see huge potential for a carriage system.  Driver contracts could be bought through traders like merchant contracts, the contract holder provides the animals (and possible the vehicle).  Book a carriage at a waystone, where you will be informed of expected pick-up time, and the charge to your destination.  Wagoners charge a flat rate  by the crate, I believe, but whether a carriage would charge a flat rate per customer per trip, or base it on distance (maybe the number of waystones, rather than a tile count).  The carriage would be a new class of vehicle, lightweight (i.e. no cargo space), taking either 2 or 4 passengers in addition to the driver, hitching up to 4 animals.  This would be great for travelling to far away deeds by boat (even inter-server) without having to either cage and carry a mount or walk everywhere when you arrive.