Sign in to follow this  
zeafaw

multi map server

Hello, I am currently trying to set up a 2nd map (2nd server) for my server, i get everything working and the consoles say that they are linked (1st spoiler)

but when i try to go to the 2nd map, i get a message in wurm saying " failed to contact login " and the console output this (spoiler 2)

does anyone know what im doing wrong, and maybe how to fix it? i have follwed the instructions on this page: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Multi_Server_(Wurm_Unlimited)

Spoiler

[05:52:32 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry: Lost Chapter is now available.
[05:52:32 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.ModIntraServerMessage: connecting to 2

Spoiler

[05:53:03 EM] VARNING com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection: Failed to contact the login server  2,Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
[05:53:03 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.intra.PlayerTransfer: Failed copy to target server for Zeaf took 1039 ms.
[05:53:03 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Lag detected at pollintracommands (15.8): 1.041
[05:53:03 EM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Elapsed time (1046ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 1

Thank you

Zeafaw

Connecting server maps can be very finicky

Setting have to be exact, all little mistake can cause headaches.

Like server ID's not updating in database and show different on UI.

Post images of each server setup including connected Tab,

You need to make sure you setup the Local Server tab and Server Neighbors tab, every server needs a full list of every other server in the cluster in the neighbors section. It also needs to know which server is the login server in the Server Neighbors section if its not the local server its self. Also make sure intraserver passwords match.

here are the images of the server settings

Spoiler

9FeVps7.png

vEnF8cQ.png

rcbXVH0.png

BUkBMsY.png

9Npipgk.png

117LYl2.png

and now i just saw that the home server were clicked in on the '"server naibours" on the main server, when its not clicked in on the 2nd servers local server settings, testing if that fixes it, as well as a typo on the ip

Edit, it did not fix it

Edited by zeafaw

I would guess it is your ip addresses listed.

You have 192.169.1.110 listed in 1 place but in another you use 127.0.0.1 and in another place you list your actual IP address which is 83.209.#.#

Wasn't there a guide posted somewhere about ip addresses and such for servers?

i followed the guide on the link in the OP and it told me to do it like this

of course I assume you have port forwarding all working fine on the router.

As for the ip's what i mean is this.

login server database have both external ip as192.#.#.# and on the second server database have both external ip have 83.209.#.# 

Also Check in other database files wurmlogin.db in the Server Table that the Server ID's are in there correctly,

While your there check all the other information is correct to.

i have found it helps that using the Intraserverpassword on both servers.

Edited by bigsteve

I have three servers clustered on a hosting service, and have finally gotten most things working properly. They are set up in a horizontal arrangement, West -> Central -> East.

We can plot a course from the Central server to either of the others, but do not get the option to plot a course from West -> East or vice versa; we must first go to the Central server.

Is there something missing in the databases that would do this? Maybe in the server neighbors table or somewhere? Currently, the East and West servers only have the Central server listed in its SERVERNEIGHBORS table, though each server reflects all three in its SERVERS table in wurmlogin.db.

Do any dev-types have any thoughts on this? First of all, I'd like confirmation on if what I'm trying to do is possible/normal behavior.

Edited by Brian

On 9/3/2020 at 3:45 AM, Brian said:

Currently, the East and West servers only have the Central server listed in its SERVERNEIGHBORS table

I would say you said your issue, did you try adding them to each other ?

On 9/27/2020 at 3:12 PM, Cuddles said:

I would say you said your issue, did you try adding them to each other ?

Yes, I tried adding them, so that the East and West server neighbors tables have 2 entries: One for that server to the central login server, and one entry for the central -> West, and central -> East, respectively. 

No change. Is there anything else to check?