Sign in to follow this  
kochinac

Increase amount of books that can be placed on book shelves

So i was trying to fill low book shelf just to find out to my great sadness that maximum amount of books(items) that can be placed is 11 :(

zNqw0Pl.png

It looks really empty and not very useful for storing books.  Would be nice if amount of books that can be placed can be increased as clearly there is plenty more room :P 

Also would be nice if we could flip almanacs and journals verticly so they can be stored this way too :)

• Like 6

I am all for, but fear it is a container volume problem. No idea how to fix that, technically.

8 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I am all for, but fear it is a container volume problem. No idea how to fix that, technically.

Not sure but i think books have unreasonable large volume, maybe lowering their volume could do the trick. Really dont know exact number.

If there are technical reasons preventing adaptation to more books in the container (can't imagine, but would not exclude, e.g. some data type issue) at least the graphic model could be changed. When half full (max 5 books) like now, when full, a different modell with all full of books (would be nice anyway). A planter or a crate rack also looks full even if only one planter/crate in it.

• Like 2

+1 the bookshelf should be able to hold as many books as you could fit on it visually

additionally it would be nice to be able to right click a book on a shelf and select "Read", with a pop-up window containing the text

• Like 3

I think this was done to prevent lag issues when rendering.

Not too sure if a technical workaround exists, but if it does then this change would be a welcome one.

Similarly, more items on shelves in general would be a welcome change (my shelf full of deed token looks woefully incomplete because I cannot add more...)

I'd love to see more books on shelves. Right now libraries look like they're extra low budget.

I also like the idea of being able to flip the almanac style books on end to be displayed like the other book style.

I guess that is why it a bookshelf rather than a bookcase.  Maybe make the shelves as separate containers within the case, in the same model as crates in a rack.  A low bookcase would be 3 shelves and a high one would be 4 or 5.

Currently, the rendering of racks etc is rather rudimentary.  I put 1 crummy polearm in a rack and it looks like I have all sorts, and I found out I can put a branch in my weapons rack and make it look like I have a fine collection.   Maybe a similar implementation would help for books, with maybe the "empty, partly full, full" options as described above by Ekcin.

• Like 1