Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

flowers seeds, stained glass, plaster walls

I read all the new things, and again ….. sigh. I am not against any of it, but it still ignores what I an others who are not pvp or fighters in general, have been wanting.  I have asked over and over again … flower seeds.. how difficult is that, you already have a "seed" system.  You know that the white dotted flowers do not grow back, its been that way for stinking EVER. 

New and better flower bushes.  floral gate arches, rose bushes with ROSES on them. Flowers, window boxes.   Flower tiles or garden tiles. Sunflower tiles, .. or other nicer flower tiles where trees cannot grow so the constant fighting back the tree growth can end.  Sometimes I cut down a tree, and when I look down another has sprouted in its place!!!!! 

Stained glass would be a wonderful addition, it fits the style of the game … is it difficult to do it? 

Can we maybe plaster walls, and then paint them so the inside of every home is not the same as the inside of every other home.   

oh, and more furniture variety would be great, and more rugs.

There are many players in this game who just want to make their world, could you please give us more to work with?

Thank you once again for your thoughtful consideration of my suggestion and request. 

• Like 1

Big plus one to all of these things.

I thoroughly enjoy building things in the game, and would particularly enjoy the ability to vary the look of a place, especially indoors.  Being able to plaster or render only one side of any type of brick wall for instance, rather than having to render the whole thing both inside and out, and being able to paint  only one side of the wall- this would make a HUGE impact on the variety of ways a player can decorate a building/dwelling.  Add stained glass windows of different color schemes and styles to the mix and you would have the setup for a fantastic variety of looks and schemes when it comes to the look of a place.

I have read that the devs are working on bringing paint to the game that works like actual paint- covering over textures on wood, for example, that are otherwise still visible with dyes. If paint could be applied to only one side of a wall as well, with the same texture covering effect, that would be fantastic.  Requiring plaster or rendering of a wall before painting for a flat texture effect would be a realistic and welcomed addition to the process if one wanted a smooth colored wall inside a stone or brick structure.

Decorating the landscape is always a nice touch, and additional flower and bush options and the ability to propagate them would be another great addition to the Wurm environment.

Humbly submitted...
~TH~
Chief Hermite of Hermitage

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 2

I'm curious how doable something like allowing for rendering and painting only one side of a brick wall would be?  I don't know how code works or how tricky it is to do such things in the Wurm code environment, but right now a wall is a wall. To do something like this, a wall would have to have at least two separate parts to it- sides, which could be independently modified with rendering/plaster and then paint.

Would that be difficult to do?  Or is such a suggestion more work than it is worth to implement?