Sign in to follow this  
Palgolak

Which god will your priest convert to?

Which god will your priest convert to?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. If you have a priest of a player god, which god will they convert to?

• Fo
    • Libila
    • Magranon
    • Vynora
    • None (I won't have a priest any more)
    • Don't know yet

Priests of player gods will soon have to convert to one of the old gods.

I've been Fo/Mag as long as I can recall, I won't be changing

The only thing  that made me even have a priest was the things i needed on one priest.. now that i have to keep 3 to get the same result.. i might just get rid of it and just  ignore the whole thing.

I'm sick and tired of pve suffering on nice and  QoL things just because of pvp balance and crap like that.

• Like 2

I'll keep my priest with either Libila or Vynora. Overall Vynora has some useful spells like Wisdom of Vynora, but Libila will probably win for me due to BotD

I only really needs strongwall so will have to be Mag.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jonydowy said:

I'm sick and tired of pve suffering on nice and  QoL things just because of pvp balance and crap like that.

Keep in mind that player gods are result of pvp and epic which is a completely different cluster and has nothing to do with freedom servers.

I have a Vyn atm and wil most likely convert to mag for strongwall, as vyn enchants are really cheap nowdays anyway

• Like 1

I shall convert my Nahjo priest to Fo for the rest of his prem then deprem it. I may raise a Mag priestess with hasty faith gain to 70 then deprem and activate for mining projects only.

• Like 1

I have a Smeaghead but would like to see the spell list before I fully decide.  Maybe Magranon.

2 hours ago, Sin said:

Keep in mind that player gods are result of pvp and epic which is a completely different cluster and has nothing to do with freedom servers.

yes but its all connected,they wont do changes only to pvp servers and leave freedom alone,freedom gets to the buffs and nerfs as it pleases the pvp servers and many many other changes or lack there of

I truly hope those that are mad and promise not to re-sub their priests....

WILL KEEP THEIR PROMISES!

The priesthood is way too top-heavy anyway.

Seriously, nobody like change but sometimes change is the ONLY way forward.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

I truly hope those that are mad and promise not to re-sub their priests....

WILL KEEP THEIR PROMISES!

The priesthood is way too top-heavy anyway.

Seriously, nobody like change but sometimes change is the ONLY way forward.

Certainly, the game needs less premed players. And more yelling ones in the forums.

• Like 1

People are getting a bit ahead of themselves I think lmao. Wait to see if/how spells are rejigged across the board before we light our torches. Keep your pitchforks ready though.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I’ll probably sell mine because I didn’t want a template one. 
this sucks.

8 hours ago, Jonydowy said:

What PvP?   Are you serious right now?

unknown.png

The last "death tab" on Chaos was in NOVEMBER.  And Epic.... well.... it's Epic..... even more dead than Chaos.  PvPers are not to blame for the dev's latest whim.

I hope you don't blame PvPers for the "forge cleaning" producing ash too, Mr. Coal Piles.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

The last "death tab" on Chaos was in NOVEMBER.  And Epic.... well.... it's Epic..... even more dead than Chaos.  PvPers are not to blame for the dev's latest whim.

I hope you don't blame PvPers for the "forge cleaning" producing ash too, Mr. Coal Piles.

If at all, not "the PvPers" are to blame of course. It is rather that neither management nor devs ever seem to have heard about customer satisfaction being an asset in business and a prerequisite for success. The appeals by Retro rather sound like speeches of exhortation by a general of a beaten army. Only we are gamers, not soldiers or slaves of the company. Exploiting our love of the game may be ill advised.

When assuming for a moment (though I am not sure about) that the decisions did not stem from Rolf being dead drunk during the end of year party (or rather during the hangover after when hating all world and wurmians in particular), but rather were the fruit of thorough analyses, tests, and discussions between management and team, the question arises, why all the haste? Even if it is happening soon, steam start won't be before end of spring at earliest, and more likely during summer or after. What the damn would be broken by announcing, maybe even discussing and reassessing the changes before implementing them calmly during the coming months. Honestly, while I do not condemn removal of player gods proper, I feel cheated by having premmed a Nahjo priest now forced to something else. Not a way to make happy customers.

The Steam launch.... should.... be ready by the time the kids get out of school for summer.  But, that assumes there is any resemblance of marketing strategy remaining on the team.

Because of that time table, I can't help but wonder if they're trying to make all these papercut changes now to give the dust time to settle with a stable, not so change riddled future.... or if they're trying to run off as many players as they can before the steam launch.

• Like 2

I've swapped my Nacho to Mag and kept my current Fo. Whilst it is a shame to loose some of those spells, definitely think this will be good in the long run I hope. 

6 hours ago, Wargasm said:

The Steam launch.... should.... be ready by the time the kids get out of school for summer.  But, that assumes there is any resemblance of marketing strategy remaining on the team.

Because of that time table, I can't help but wonder if they're trying to make all these papercut changes now to give the dust time to settle with a stable, not so change riddled future.... or if they're trying to run off as many players as they can before the steam launch.

Take the pain now on tough decisions that are in the best interest of the game and it's vision now rather than after you've brought in potentially 1000's of new players which are much less likely to stick around. I would say it's the best way to approach this in the lead up, and it wouldn't surprise me that we'll see more things like this in the coming weeks and months.

15 hours ago, Jonydowy said:

The only thing  that made me even have a priest was the things i needed on one priest.. now that i have to keep 3 to get the same result.. i might just get rid of it and just  ignore the whole thing.

You understand right that you're saying that your chosen player god filled the role of all 3 priests that originally existed then in the same breath blame PvP balancing as the reason for this change. The fact you could get one priest that could "do it all" in PvE was not good for the game and was not balanced. So realistically when you break it down, the reason this changed was made is the same reason you find yourself upset. Hopefully in time you'll see that this change will mean that there will be some amount of renewed enchants market within the game since people can no longer do everything with one account. You hopefully in time will see a renewed emphasis on collaboration within the game and peoples priests. All of which was common place before players gods became such a focus. 

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Wargasm said:

unknown.png

i'm talking about past changes and future changes ,i know pvp is dead atm but these changes are in preparation for a steam pvp server. also Emoo i didn't even care about coc/woa,all i liked was the things i could do around my own deed and what can you call OP in pve anyway. i guess they could nerf me too for building 1000 charcoal pile..or making a huge underground deed..you know.. i'm OP

Anyway.ill give it a rest now. sorry to the original poster for the direction i went with this.

Just gonna do one of each. Already have a fo and vyn. Two Nahjos will be switched to Lib and Mag

I can't make this decision since they will be buffing some other deity's. I'll just have to wait and see.

I will say though that I am looking forward to this.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

Based on the current info, I'll let my priest de-prem and just not bother.  None of the old gods are useful enough to justify paying an extra premium.

This may change if the spell lists are changed enough to make them more universally useful.  It's not hard to see why nacho is the most popular, given how useful they are for general maintenance utility.

• Like 5

I dunno it's a tough one, leaning towards either Fo or Lib at this stage since I can't follow myself anymore 🤔.

• Like 1

With about a week to go before the death of the demi-gods.   With all I know to date. I am most likely going Mag & Fo. These two I feel is the best combo for me on the pve side.