Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Rework of god followers

With all this talk of removing player gods and adding flavour to the deities/followers, it's pretty obvious that being a "follower" should be looked at. Currently, there's no reason to be anything except for vynora follower, if you're not one, you're throwing away free skillgain for no benefit.

Currently the passives available with under 30 faith are 

Fo - Increased healing, it's something like a 3 power healing cover at all times iirc, isn't bad but isn't really good.

25% more food, this one is almost a penalty because it makes it harder for you to fill up on affinity foods

25% more stamina regen, almost completely useless outside some niche pvp situation where you only get 1 tick of stamina regen before your enemy comes back into combat or something. Keeping water on you, or toggling sleep bonus to rapidly regenerate stamina renders this passive useless.

Vynora - 10% more skillgain. No competition, is the best.

Food on your corpses decays at 20% of the speed. I actually have 0 idea why the hell this is a thing, but it is. Vynora priests get this bonus in inventory at 70 faith, but apparently corpses are super hygienic and you should stick your pizzas in a dead mans pockets before you ask a priest to keep it in his.

Magranon - 25% to combat skills. Note that this isn't actually every combat skill, it applies to fighting subskills (stance, weaponless, shield bashing, taunting), shield subskills and archery subskills. Archery is what dictates accuracy/damage/targets for archery, and the sub-skills only provide a little boost to your effective archery, so the archery one can be considered non-functional/useless. Unless you're doing some extreme shield and stance grinding, this isn't comparable to vynoras, and you should go vynora while doing that grind anyway because you'll get 10% more characteristics.

Libilia - Libilia doesn't really have any passives, they're all tied to the HOTS kingdom. Inside HOTS, they have

- Absorb mycellium to heal a random wound

- Stand on mycellium to feed themselves and stop ccfp from dropping

With that, i'd like to suggest some changes, feel free to suggest what you'd like

Fo's passives

- The passive healing isn't bad, but with healing ticks being 10 minutes in-between, it doesn't see a lot of use with cotton and LT being available. Increasing the speed of healing/worsening ticks, and reducing the amount healed/reduced each time by the same factor, would make this perk much more attractive. I also think an active ability that can be used on yourself or others, that stops a wound from worsening wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

The 25% food one should be changed to the food bar and CCFP bars dropping 25% slower instead of food filling up 25% faster.

The stamina one like the food one, should be a reduction on stamina usage, instead of an increase to recharge rate. Something like 10-20% of the power of PoP's level 11 ability would give fo followers a nice niche of being a "working" follower, able to heal through wounds and work for longer without waiting for stamina or eating as much.

Vynora's passives

Personally, i feel the 10% skillgain is fine enough as it is, 10% skillgain in everything is decently strong as it is, that's 40% of the strength of PoK11 which can take months/years to get for some people. they "could" have more passives but i can't really think of anything that fits the theme

i dunno what to do about corpse meal ability, that's just weird rolf

Magranon - The bonus skillgain should be for every single weapon and fighting related skill in the game, not just a select few, and they should have a chance for random characteristic gain on kills, similar to mindstealer, or how you can get a little bit of characteristics from praying. They should get a weakened version of the bonus cr and damage that magranon priests get, maybe +1 cr and 5% damage, compared to the +2 cr and +15% damage that priests get at 40/70 faith, to give players who hunt a lot a god to follow.

Libilia/HOTS - Mycellium bonuses should be allowed on freedom aswell. The mycellium drain ability should also be able to be used on corpses, damaging the corpse as if it was eaten/butchered and healing a number of wounds based on the strength of the mob. Standing on mycellium should prevent affinity food timers from dropping, and Libilia followers should be able to create mycellium on their own deeds in pve. Mycellium should also be allowed inside caves, even if its something dumb like inside a farming planter. 

Lib followers should get increased skillgain in all fighting skills and random characteristic gain chance on kills similar to magranon. I guess this is a "dark" version of magranon but there's not really much room for originality when you have "war god" and "war god but bad"

Minor spells for followers

From my understanding, this was a thing back in gold one, where you could cast the spells that require under 30 or less faith as a follower, given that pretty much all of the 30 faith spells, apart from tangleweave which is a new spell, are minor buff spells gives followers a little bit of power, but doesn't detract from the power of priests as all the hard hitting spells and enchants aren't available until later. They could have power of spells capped to 30/50 like champions on epic get in some conditions, and not be able to enchant items, as they aren't attuned with their god as a follower and can't access their powers properly or something if its considered a bit op. I'd move some of the 30-35 faith spells down to 30 faith like cure light, willowspine, oakshell, excel, bearpaws, corrupt+cleanse, fireheart, shard of ice while leaving the stronger spells like stronger healing spells, LOF and the aoe combat spells as priest only. The idea is that while a follower can cast these spells and kind of get a glimpse into what priesthood is to see if they like the idea, but a priest will both be much more powerful at these spells, and have a much larger arsenal at their disposal.

• Like 6

To add that: while I would not be happy to have mycelium spreading all over Freedom, and would like the mycelium plantation on deed to be restrictive (e.g. only a not too high percentage of deed area being possibly covered with mycelium, and only if and as long as the mayor is lib priest (follower?) and is premed), lib followers and priests should be able to feed/heal from mycelium tiles on rift areas.

• Cat 1

I'm unsure about the follower spells - instead maybe let's introduce some lower magic (like cantrips were in D&D) which give some convenience. I mean something like producing small amount of water, repair a really small amount of damage of the contents of a container etc. etc.

Passives are really needing a rework, actually I cannot think anyone would go other than Vyn nowadays unless planning to priest up soon.

Stop talking about the vynora passive,they gonna remove it too! why rework 3 priests passives when they can nerf vynora and be done,less work :D

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Minor spells for followers

From my understanding, this was a thing back in gold one, where you could cast the spells that require under 30 or less faith as a follower, given that pretty much all of the 30 faith spells, apart from tangleweave which is a new spell, are minor buff spells gives followers a little bit of power, but doesn't detract from the power of priests as all the hard hitting spells and enchants aren't available until later. They could have power of spells capped to 30/50 like champions on epic get in some conditions, and not be able to enchant items, as they aren't attuned with their god as a follower and can't access their powers properly or something if its considered a bit op. I'd move some of the 30-35 faith spells down to 30 faith like cure light, willowspine, oakshell, excel, bearpaws, corrupt+cleanse, fireheart, shard of ice while leaving the stronger spells like stronger healing spells, LOF and the aoe combat spells as priest only. The idea is that while a follower can cast these spells and kind of get a glimpse into what priesthood is to see if they like the idea, but a priest will both be much more powerful at these spells, and have a much larger arsenal at their disposal.

Honestly?  I am a little mixed here.

On the one hand, priests do now have a taste of basic crafting (we can create items that require multiple steps), but on the other some basic spells (bless/courier in particular) have strong utility.

A possible middle ground would be to have spells work differently for non-priests and use "faith" instead of "favor", meaning magic does not become entirely commonplace (limited by faith ticks), but possible for a player willing to put the work in.

Edit:  Also, quick afterthought, you COULD give followers faith ticks for confessions, thus giving a pointless activity a use.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 1

Id really love to see more variety added to follower bonuses, just like this. And since they are removing the player gods, Lib definitely needs more for their followers, since there's less options to choose from. It would be nice if we could get mycelium on deed only.

I'll disagree with the last part .. nerfing spells casted by followers.. leave it tied to channeling alone.. if you get all good odds priests can use like faith, alignment, bonuses, no no-no armors, etc... it's a 30faith priest.. who cares?

For comparison.. if you are 100 carpentry priest, you can now make ql100 mallets and sell woa/coc/botd of such as being a priest.. is it bad if a follower have 90 channeling to cast a 30faith spell and do it well? Does it really matter?

Priest chars have always being made into pet alts to do the things you usually cant... or if somebody picked to be one.. it's for fighting or just straight hating to craft or improve something standing still. Past few years priests had several restrictions removed and get "a bit" more buffed for fighting.. killing pvp entirely.. buffing a bit more priests seems like a bad idea, no? - "ok"

Fo 25% slower to lose hunger.. seems like a better fix*.. but the number probably needs a bit of adjustment if it makes stuff last that long... 10-15% only instead?

* given the hell of hunger and aff food made a must with "new cooking".. but being unable to eat once you're full, devs keep refusing to fix that for hunger, but accepted the drinking fix, as usual mysterious wogic for now

About vynora's follower passive... it's nice .. but seems lonely there; as for 70 faith passive for priests in a talk for followers.. why is that even there, filler content?

Also Lib bonus from corpses or myce.. seems op.. lib will be free from the cooking hell.. or rainbow bar filling food making or purchases.. while at the same time providing passive afk way to keep food bars full at all times.... for all your alts you do not care much and will have to care even less for them with the myce tiles if that was working on pve; besides that.. bodies are too easy to get.. creatures, tower guards, alts.. WAY TOO EASY TO GET for hunger or healing.. it's so ********* OP as *******.... 

- no.. this should not be a thing IMO // we'll probably get it cuz "why not"

Introduce penalties for the use of these.. if they are to be a thing... to make it balanced.. or just keep it off pve servers as is?

--edit

magranon had a thing to get bonus standing on ~most(common) types of tiles(if I remember right).. in combat... while vynora have what... tiny random 1 or 2... for standing on a road/paved tile or and I think water?(we "never" fight in water and new sailing is :X for that) LUL...

Edited by Finnn