Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

Does a person need to be premium to collect item(s)?

As for using an item(s), I'm going to guess yes, but is the true?

Are the item(s) chr. bond?

Edited by gorgian

2 hours ago, MacOofer said:

Look at it from the bright side, it sure beats the yellow pots we've been getting for years :D

I'd be happy to get any of the above tbh, instead of the 241st yellow pot ;)

It definitely does. I would love potions that let us pick what we turn into though!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

It definitely does. I would love potions that let us pick what we turn into though!

then it would be Halloween all year round with everyone being a ghost lol. doubt it some1 would choose a barrel or even better - item pile :D

• Like 1

Removing player gods was one of the BEST decisions in YEARS!  The whole system was a convoluted mess with no end in sight.  Getting back to the core deities was so RIGHT!

• Like 2

As someone who advocated for removing the player gods for quite some time, I literally screamed in happiness when I saw this part of the news. Religion and religious magic is such a big part of the game that having it diluted like that was a massive disservice to the game. The lore of Wurm also took a massive hit with all the player gods. But now all this will be back! Four great gods that dominate the life in Wurm. Four gods that are very distinct and which can be improved by the devs when there is need. Awesome decision!

19 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Removing player gods was one of the BEST decisions in YEARS!  The whole system was a convoluted mess with no end in sight.  Getting back to the core deities was so RIGHT!

Yeah! And we will be getting faith transfers AND they will be spicing up the default deities!!! Don't loose yourselves yet guys. You might see a lot of Nahjo going in to Fo for example.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

Golden Hand Mirrors. FINALLY!!! YES! I will awaken from my long Wurm slumber to come back to it!

• Like 1

Now remove the restrictions to actions for priests and prohibit only improving.  ^_-

3 minutes ago, nygen said:

Now remove the restrictions to actions for priests and prohibit only improving.  ^_-

That is almost in game already - create multi part items is present - also only one basic gathering skill per priest is prohibited. I feel that is very much okay. I really enjoy that my Mag can build houses and his own stone / wood altar now (RIP my JS grind to 30).

9 minutes ago, nygen said:

Translation to balance this would mean.. to allow non-priests to cast any spell of their deity pick without the chance to improve it, and the need to just grind some faith and channeling..

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

can we trade our 241 Rolf Pees, I mean yellow potions in for loyalty points

Drink the pee 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That’s right, you saw in the end of 2019 thread but third person is coming to Wurm! 

Trust that this will be an option?  To use it or not. 

So much now is without choice - we have to have furling and unfurling of sails, we have to use GSL for placement, else you get big error messages, and to get thru our journals: we have to do archaeology, we have to use the horrible fishing system, we have to collect recipes for the over complex cooking system, etc, etc.  

Wurm is, or used to be, appealing to many for the freedom given to players to chose.  This seems to be rapidly eroded. 

Edited by Retrograde
Easy on the FUD please
  • Like 1

It will absolutely be an option. It's done by left clicking and scrolling out. 

Nothing is forced, but some systems encourage people to do more than their own little niche 

How do you left click and 'scroll out' on a laptop touchpad?  Not that I want to do this.  I just hope I don't do it by accident.

3 minutes ago, Muse said:

How do you left click and 'scroll out' on a laptop touchpad?  Not that I want to do this.  I just hope I don't do it by accident.

You can use the CENTER_VIEW keybind instead (V by default), there's also ZOOM_IN and ZOOM_OUT iirc (should be bound to - and = keys).

Those along with the scrolling out (don't think that one can be done on a touchpad) are the new camera controls.

• Like 1

You know i really want to be happy about the loyalty system having the golden mirror and all that but i really cant that post just screams "here is all this fluff to cover up the fact that we are removing something that a lot of people love from the game because a tiny small group of people lost their kingdom on the pvp server due to not being able to understand 2+2=4" 

With that mentally of "its to difficult to balance it lets just cut it" i just have 1 question whats next in the next 2 months what else will be cut? also jackal any progress for j2 yet anything in the works? or is it dead in the water and going to be forgotten and scrapped now that the cash grab is over?

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, wipeout said:

With that mentally of "its to difficult to balance it lets just cut it" i just have 1 question whats next in the next 2 months what else will be cut? also jackal any progress for j2 yet anything in the works? or is it dead in the water and going to be forgotten and scrapped now that the cash grab is over?

Round 2 isnt forgotten, just spending a bit of time working on the game as a whole before the jackal specific stuff

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Round 2 isnt forgotten, just spending a bit of time working on the game as a whole before the jackal specific stuff

Well dont wait too long having an inconsistent schedule for round based content will make people not bother with it at all

1 minute ago, wipeout said:

Well dont wait too long having an inconsistent schedule for round based content will make people not bother with it at all

Round 2 will be announced when it's ready. Theres always going to be downtime between rounds. 

Just some thoughts and observations: 

Wurm cuts a deal with steam, steam requires or strongly suggests certain things/changes. Wurm sells out their loyal players for the possibility of a new player infusion via steam aka dollar signs. Looses loyal players for maybe some new ones on steam and possibly whatever Steam may be paying them. 

To see such a great game that I've been loyal to for many years go down the tubes over the past few years has been really difficult to watch. Unfortunate decision after unfortunate decision resulting in Wurm bleeding loyal hardcore players for years. It's like your favorite movie (thinking of the three original star wars) that they make a sequel to and then they ruin it by trying to appease the masses by adding a cheesy love plot or some "cute" idiot character that everyone hates (jar jar). Wurm has fallen into the same trap.

If you're going roll something back maybe it should be the skill oils that make you able to get 100ql ore with 78 mining skill, or make it so that people from chaos can't come and screw up your server. Roll back all of the beautiful wood textures that so many people loved instead of the current ones that all look like the same bla with slightly different shades. Or maybe roll back the nerfed hell horse hitching feature. No amount of rewards or giving out of tomes for finishing quests will fix the fundamental damages that have taken place over the past few years. And while I'm on my soap box, I want to lament the publishing of WU, it fragmented the Wurm community which has never recovered.

In the end I appreciate that Wurm is a business and that there are many competing voices advocating for what Wurm should be in the future. It just make me sad that a game with such potential should turn out the way it has, not unlike many a great movie.

Rest in peace Wurm, follow in the footsteps of other once great games like Ultima Online.

PS. And if you're thinking "well if they were loyal they wouldn't have left" I'm sure a lot of the people who have left felt betrayed that the Wurm they loved is no longer.

Edited by Dirt
added a couple things and made an edit or two
  • Like 5

how do templates and champions work on chaos/epic, will anyone lib temp in a wl kingdom and anyone wl temp in a bl kingdom get depriested? will champions get dechamped?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirt said:

whatever Steam may be paying them. 

🤣

5 hours ago, Samool said:

You can use the CENTER_VIEW keybind instead (V by default), there's also ZOOM_IN and ZOOM_OUT iirc (should be bound to - and = keys).

Those along with the scrolling out (don't think that one can be done on a touchpad) are the new camera controls.

Just hopped onto the test server to look at this.. CENTER_VIEW ('V') cycles though first person and 2 distances out of third person.

Is there a keybind that does what CENTER_VIEW did before? It is extremely useful for returning the view when something strange happens and you end up looking in some unexpected direction. Might have been better to create a new keybind 'CYCLE_VIEW'(?) for cycling through first and third person.