Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

On 1/11/2020 at 6:30 AM, Retrograde said:

Golden Mirror

(...)This will allow you to change your gender AND get a makeover

Will be a silver version? I dont want to change my gender. I wish to change only my hairstyle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I've asked about this and the feedback is it would become another 100% necessary spell to have and that's not what we're looking for at this point, sorry! 

I don't even understand that reasoning. Surely another very powerful spell is exactly what a certain priest needs to shift away from a stagnant priest pool where everyone is either a Vyn or a Fo? Surely it's better for the market, playerbase and game in general to promote a diverse set of priest spells? Hell, if you really need to, give it some big downside like 100 favour to cast with high difficulty.

• Like 2

I've asked about this and the feedback is it would become another 100% necessary spell to have and that's not what we're looking for at this point, sorry! 

Disappointing, but it was worth a shot. If you're not looking to give Magranon any sort of useful spell that isn't 100% mining related then there really isn't much reason to grind channeling still. So far it seems to be going towards three priests with spells people want and then that other one you throw 5s at when you have a mining project.

I don't understand it either to be honest strictly from the perspective you present. You say it yourself, Retro. It's ANOTHER spell - as in, the priest dependend high-end gear is already a "problem". As long as the extra spell is mutually exclusive to another of the current ones(And I don't see why it should stack with CoC), it would mean people run to a different priest for either spell, not to a third priest though. It would merely mix up the options and viability within the WL dieties, not create an additional thing to acquire on each tool.

That is, if people go visit their local priest and not create alts to serve themselves only. And appearantly you don't need more than one alt? I feel like this reasoning is based on a premise that you yourself seem to reject. Obviously there's more nuance in it, possibly I'm unfairly conflating your own personal position with the feedback from the devs that you merely relay back to us, but on the face of it, it's a bit of a headscratcher.

EDIT: To be fair, people will probably end up having multiple tools of the same kind, one for grinding, one for getting stuff done, from which I can understand it a bit more...but in principle people still already use different tools for different purposes, the proposal would mostly just increase the possible permutations to implement grinding vs. "efficient" tools?

Edited by Flubb
Playing devils advocate against myself

how is it a 100% necessary spell? it'd reduce the chance for affinities due to having less skill ticks, you'd almost always go over the 30 second cap for skillgain with the majority of tools in the game if you got low on stamina due to how the stamina curve on action timer works, and you'd wouldn't use it on anything where you're looking for an end result. you can already do it in the game via some unconventional methods (wounds treated with a power equal to how much they worsen so they never heal, toggling climb, managing tool ql) so its not like its a new mechanic or anything. 

seems like something that'd have niche purposes and you wouldn't use on everything to me

• Like 2

You make Magranon  black light then you give him a spell called Corrupt Matter where you can cast an object and the spell will freeze the ql of that said object (takes no damage cannot be imped) but instead loses Corrupt Matter power on use so you balance it to run out after like 2 weeks if not used at all (no actions performed with that tools or weapon) or after a few thousand uses.

If is too strong and will remove the need for re-imps can have it that the item loses 10-15% quality when Corrupt Matter is consumed completely from it.

The ideea is to just grind in peace without having to repair the gear for a week or so then just send the items to be reimped all  at once or do it yourself during the week-end.

Is also excellent news for shield users (if you think that would make shields too good can just have it be non-castable on them) but i think it should be castable on shields too.

TL:DR BL Mag with a spell that freezes items QL for a period of time or untill a certain number of actions have been performed in order to not have to repair spam and just have your gear re-imped in bulk at once.

Give Vynora a castable buff (like Excel and that Sense thing) that increase the chance to create and/or attach a rune by 10% if the cast is 100 and just substract from that. If is too much work then just have the Sense buff give this buff too.

Give Fo a spell where he can turn taming mats from uhm... ones that are .... vegetal to.. uhm... biologimicamal.... sorry Madnath wanted to bamboozle them into coding something that could be used for transmute metal later on but  i cofused myself :)

Just give Fo a spell that can be casted on a tamable creature and for the duration of it the player can use any material used for taming on the creature (hey devs is easy to make just tell the mob they are a pig for 15m :0 ) so you can use grass to grind animal taming on a bear for instance.

Give Libila a castable buff that would remove all priest restrictions for landed spell power determined duration. ..............................................(i almost snuck that one past right?:) )

If is too strong then give Libila a castable buff that would remove all follower restrictions for landed spell power determined duration. (hey devs is easy just tell the game they turned unfaithfull but cannot be seen/lose faith)

You could still give the spell that removes all priest restrictions to Libila, call it Ghost from the Past  and once you land it you could do all the actions of a crafter but cannot do priest stuff anymore.

So say you cast it get 25m so you can imp but you are locked out of casting spells, favor regen, priest buffs etc.

Could make it so that the body mind and soul stats and skill stats gained from imping with a Ghost from the Past buff are only 50% or 25% of the xp normal crafters get.

Give Libila a buddy make Magranon BL 2v2 let's go :)

Give Libila a castable buff called Mycellium Phantasms and when is casted on a BL follower or priest they get the bonuses as if being on mycellium. 

You have to give this one noone is gonna cry about no mycellium on freedom and WL priests have their bonuses on all the time in pvp so why should BL not have the same oportunity?

Edited by Cipacadrinho

Give Libila a spell called Absorb Chaos that would be 3x or 2x the effect of Absorb on mycellium but this one could only be casted on a zombified pet, killing it, so it should cost like 5-10 favor since they spent more favor on casting Rebirth.

If that is too much then replace Libila's Corrupt spell (or what is called the one that makes mycellium) with Absorb Chaos that would be like 10-15favor and have the effect of Absorb on any type of tile, maybe buff the heal based on the power of the cast.

Give Mag a spell that repairs mine doors (use the Vyn's Mend code) but put a long cooldown on the door so ppl cannot chain spam it in pvp on same mine door?

Give Mag a spell called Magranon's Burden that can be casted on armor and would reduce the weight of the armor piece by 10% at  100 power cast.

Give Fo a spell that makes mountain gorrillaz evolve into players :0 or devolve?:)

Give Fo a spell that can be casted on a Foal/Cub/A baby age creature that has a chance of spawning a twin but will make the twins share the traits. Say you ahve a 2 trait horsie you cast and get a twin for him then each will have a trait. If number of traits is odd just have 2 to 1 or just make it even by substracting then share the traits. Example: you get a bison with 3 traits cast the spell get a twin for him game sees odd trait number removes one trait now has even trait number and shares between them.

The point of the spell is  to make animals where you dont care about traits too much or refresh your zoo... wild cats deer bears wolves etc etc.

If is not good enough still could make it so the twins don't share same genetics (the copy could have Fo listed as both mom and dad) so you could get a low trait breeding pair if the twin is the oposite sex from the original

Dont know if you should be able to cast it on Champ mobs or maybe could but get a normie twin dunno.

Give Vyn a spell that could be casted on tiles  and people can use the tile as a bed. Pretty much get the path of love Enchant Grass code and make it a vyn spell  that makes a tile act like a bedroll:) If is too strong make it give just 75% sleep bonus .. oh wait that is the bedroll... dunno :) 

Just give Vyn a spell that can be casted on carts and wagons called Country Roads ( :) ) that would give 10% vehicle speed on paved tiles if that is too strong then make it so it reduces vehicle weight on paved tiles by 10% that way you gain speed when on  heavy load since the animals will have less weight to pull but not gain almost any if the vehicle is empty.

Could make it castable on saddle bags for similar effect?

Give Vyn a spell called Origin that can be casted on a compass then can use the compass to  link to an  object and after that, as you move about, the compass is also gonna show you in which direction that object is from your current position. 

As an example have Origin casted on a compass then link it to your ship and go about and you will always know in which direction (on a straight line) the ship is from you.

Could link it to a mine door or a house door  etc.

Could make it so that the ql of the compass and/or the power of the cast decides how many tiles away from the linked object can have the indicator on the compass show.

If is too strong then make it so the compass can only link with players. 

So if your buddy you play with is navigation challenged can use your compass to link to him and he can use his to link to you so you both know in what direction the other is. 

Still debating wether you should be able to link to a wild mob or an unique.

If is too hard to make a compass that points towards 2 things at once use something like the jackal beacon green beam to pop on top of the linked object for 30s while you do Use on the compass like you would on a pendulum to find stuff.

Bonus fun: can link your compass to the horse you are riding to make the beam/needle spaz out:)

Could give every priest a spell called Harmonize  Elements that can be casted on a tile and upon success it would create a 3x3 meditation area with a special tile in the middle and the path of the special tile could be determined by the priest that casted it: fo - love vyn - knowledge mag - power  lib- insanity.

If they would simplify things to much could make it so that they only can cast it on an already existing special tile and upon succesfull cast can put some glowin markings (rare effect on some runes?) on the tile to indicate is a special one. 

Could also increase the chance of getting a meditation xp tick by like 10% or remove rug decay on that said casted special tile.

Because it would have the cool glowy effect it could be wanted not just for meditation but also as a cool looking spot to enhance someone's deed look and vibe.

Buff Essence Drain from 30% heal (a 90 cast ED would heal like a 30 cast LT) and 10% weapon damage to 50% heal and 10% weapon damage because 30% heal makes sense only if you have mycellium in my opinion or make it 30% heal and 15% stamina gain.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

4 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

how is it a 100% necessary spell? it'd reduce the chance for affinities due to having less skill ticks, you'd almost always go over the 30 second cap for skillgain with the majority of tools in the game if you got low on stamina due to how the stamina curve on action timer works, and you'd wouldn't use it on anything where you're looking for an end result. you can already do it in the game via some unconventional methods (wounds treated with a power equal to how much they worsen so they never heal, toggling climb, managing tool ql) so its not like its a new mechanic or anything. 

seems like something that'd have niche purposes and you wouldn't use on everything to me

This is already reason and balance enough. Sounds more like someone was presented the idea of it and took the concept of it the wrong way or misunderstood how it'd really be used. It's not a spell that'd be even close to necessary, it'd be pretty much only for the people who REALLY want to hit weird grinds hard.

• Like 3

Here is an easy one: A low level buff spell that offers fo's animal peace passive for its duration.

A nice blessing to give to locals, but not essential.

Shame if you don't go with the anti woa thingy for mag's I loved the idea, and It would make me keep prem on a 4th toon. I truly loved that idea.... 😕

as it is now, I'll just give my mag 15 days when I am doing a mining project.

Priest changes: We are going back to the old ways,  are we upping the weapon enchants back to 120 favor too ? (runs for cover) 

Loyalty system:Will we be able to up the sleep bonus cap beyond 6hours ? (I thought I saw this earlier, but I could not see it when I skimmed through it again)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cenotaph said:

Shame if you don't go with the anti woa thingy for mag's I loved the idea, and It would make me keep prem on a 4th toon. I truly loved that idea.... 😕

as it is now, I'll just give my mag 15 days when I am doing a mining project.

Priest changes: We are going back to the old ways,  are we upping the weapon enchants back to 120 favor too ? (runs for cover) 

Loyalty system:Will we be able to up the sleep bonus cap beyond 6hours ? (I thought I saw this earlier, but I could not see it when I skimmed through it again)

Loyalty system reward increases cap by an hour, so 7 hours if you've done the journal tier

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Figs said:

Disappointing, but it was worth a shot. If you're not looking to give Magranon any sort of useful spell that isn't 100% mining related then there really isn't much reason to grind channeling still. So far it seems to be going towards three priests with spells people want and then that other one you throw 5s at when you have a mining project.

I'm happy to be hired for that 5s :P

Just wanted to add 1 more note, we will also be merging spell resistances for PVP servers only into 2 groups, pillar damage and all other spell damage from targeted spells.  This should help cut down on the amount of spell damage that could be put out on 1 person in short periods.

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

aKYyxmA.png

Third person has been around for about 5 years, it was activated one day for about 6 hours by mistake. (April 3, 2014 to be exact, I checked the screenshot date)

Imagine waiting until the people that suggested for years to remove player gods to quit, to finally do it.

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

Third person has been around for about 5 years, it was activated one day for about 6 hours by mistake. (April 3, 2014 to be exact, I checked the screenshot date)

Imagine waiting until the people that suggested for years to remove player gods to quit, to finally do it.

The new implementation of third person view has not been around for years.

A long time ago, a sort of 3rd person view was enabled by mistake, but this was not the same thing, it was a much simpler version that didn't work quite the same way, and was never meant to be enabled in-game.

What happens in chaos when demigods are removed for those who are BL priests/champions in WL kingdom?? We go to libila and get kicked out of kingdom? Or turn to kingdoms template gods? Do we have to get out of chaos before the removal? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

What happens in chaos when demigods are removed for those who are BL priests/champions in WL kingdom?? We go to libila and get kicked out of kingdom? Or turn to kingdoms template gods? Do we have to get out of chaos before the removal? 

gud one

1 hour ago, Themystrix said:

This seems like a good question!

It is a good question! Bl priests and champions will be set to the template God of their template. 

Mr to mag, jk to fo. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

It is a good question! Bl priests and champions will be set to the template God of their template. 

Mr to mag, jk to fo. 

Makes me wonder... Is BL now limited to only 1 Champ?

and is the third WL champ forced to go Vyn?  Because that's going to be so useful in PvP with the unannounced spell changes coming...

5 hours ago, Wargasm said:

and is the third WL champ forced to go Vyn?  Because that's going to be so useful in PvP with the unannounced spell changes coming...

On 1/11/2020 at 7:30 AM, Retrograde said:

We also are able to bring back more flavour for the original deities and followers.

Vyn is getting spell that allows you to throw smelly fish at your enemy. Or maybe a bit cinnamon powder? It must be good tho. Cant wait to see what dev team has brainstormed this time for pvp :) 

*edit* or maybe a fish cannon that you can deploy? uhh, that stench. It would give some meaning to fishing at least. :) 

Edited by Themystrix

vyn does have a bit of bonus fighting in water... but it's kind of insignificant... if that helps.. well it's old content.. but all sorts of water-related activities could be buffed around vyn hypers