Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

You're a Fo priest, right?

Fo has double favor from food. I think this could use some work; currently, REALLY complex food gives you a lot of favor, but the way it scales is kind of funny because my lemon-herb battered chicken doesn't give much at all. I think it could be very useful if Fo's food sacrificing got more favor at low-complexity prepared dishes, but had diminishing returns at high complexity. I'd just find it fun for that to be a viable method, even if it's a bit more involved than chopping herbs like I'm doing right now.

Didn't last priest content.. mess affinities.. or the one before that... moved Food or Pottery affinity from fo to vynora... 

Are these changes also being reverted?

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

So far we have a pickaxe enchant that increases the chance of successful surface mining (still capped at the 50% chance that 99 mining has though, so more beneficial at lower levels) 

Without going over the cap from skill this seems fairly worthless, but not a bad idea. Would be decent if it were to allow 100% or near 100%.

We're also changing disintegrate to take chunks out of veins, with power * 3 ore removed per cast. (normal functionality for reinforced tiles) 

This is something I have wanted for years but if there isn't a chance to remove the whole vein in one cast then this could possibly be a nerf for those with high enough channeling on the higher quantity veins.

How about a spell that is basically the opposite of Wind of Ages that makes all your action times longer for those that prefer to grind that way. Would lower the need to do silly things like grind while having large wounds.

Edited by Figs
  • Like 6

55 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

There's been a few comments about this leaving magranon underpowered, and we've been working on that. So far we have a pickaxe enchant that increases the chance of successful surface mining (still capped at the 50% chance that 99 mining has though, so more beneficial at lower levels) 

We also have a spell to light and fuel furnaces,pretty straight forward. 

We're also changing disintegrate to take chunks out of veins, with power * 3 ore removed per cast. (normal functionality for reinforced tiles) 

This should bring some more mining themed utility to mag and also reward high channelling within the mag priest. 

If you have ideas for other spells or balancing things (not giving x God something y God has though) feel free to suggest them too! 

If mag had a spell that slows damage accrual, or acts as a sacrificial buffer, It would give it some marketplace utility. 

28 minutes ago, nygen said:

If mag had a spell that slows damage accrual, or acts as a sacrificial buffer, It would give it some marketplace utility. 

Yes but it would also damage the market in other aspects. If you're considering the market for priests that would become a necessary spell at the loss of reimping services. A little too unbalancing for the world at large to seem like a good idea to me, but I'll pass it along! 

I was thinking more of a % modifier similar to how the damage reduction rune currently works. Perhaps 20% at most. 

So far we have a pickaxe enchant that increases the chance of successful surface mining (still capped at the 50% chance that 99 mining has though, so more beneficial at lower levels)

So... worthless? This was almost a really great idea.

• Like 2

Seeing we are on the topic of mag. The only thing mag as a new spell that makes sense, doesn't wreck the market would be a spell that raises a corner spell, and before someone says concrete. mag already has strongwall, if properly balanced in the spell table, and add maybe a limit to cast per day. This I fell would not harm the market.  Because, lets face, it 50 picks with an pickaxe isn't much after a strongwall.  But might bring a QoL to mag. Maybe add a market value to that person mag in the way of being more versatile in fixing mines. 

If we're suggesting spells that help Mags theme as a mining god, how about a strongwall spell for floors that reinforces floors

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Martynas5 said:

Can imp fish keep net, which is a lot easier to make than net trap.

I doubt it's hard now to grind it up tbh, only need bunch of strings ( imping takes x1 string for both fish keep net and net trap )

The problem is, priests could chop their own veggies. Grinding something like ropemaking or toy making is nearly impossible for a priest

Utility spell for vyn, increase chance to catch bigger fish, or increases the size of fish caught up to 10-20%(not sure on a good balance spot)? Could draw more people back into fishing.

For libila, maybe a spell that would increase the ql of items that are butchered? Not the success chance but the actual ql of the items produced?

If we're talking about a spell that reduces damage taken on the tool... Then it should conflict with CoC.

5 hours ago, gorgian said:

Seeing we are on the topic of mag. The only thing mag as a new spell that makes sense, doesn't wreck the market would be a spell that raises a corner spell, and before someone says concrete. mag already has strongwall, if properly balanced in the spell table, and add maybe a limit to cast per day. This I fell would not harm the market.  Because, lets face, it 50 picks with an pickaxe isn't much after a strongwall.  But might bring a QoL to mag. Maybe add a market value to that person mag in the way of being more versatile in fixing mines. 

Raise rock corners on the surface too - and let it work beyond the 40 slope current limit of working with concrete. Nowadays it is very easy to destroy nice mountain peaks and it is impossible to restore afterwards.

• Like 3

Give Mag priests a lava spell.  It would behave like the meditation ability.  This could let Mag priests adjust surface slopes beyond 40.  Plus the meditation ability already requires it be used in Mag domain, so it isn't a stretch to let Mag's cast it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vern said:

Give Mag priests a lava spell.  It would behave like the meditation ability.  This could let Mag priests adjust surface slopes beyond 40.  Plus the meditation ability already requires it be used in Mag domain, so it isn't a stretch to let Mag's cast it. 

Without the erupt/freeze the PoP has nothing much special and unique active perk. All is fine with the current lava except the requirement of Mag domain should be removed.

Path changes will also be available for those who cannot live without the ability to create lava :P

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vern said:

-1 No point in nerfing PoP. The erupt ability of PoP is given at grade 7, med level 30. There is absolutely no point and no reason to invalidate that. PoP medi is linked to mag domain (or none) anyway.

• Like 2

What I'm feeling from this page is that maybe it's worth delaying player god removal until Feb to minimise short term damage and allow some priest spells to be added, adjusted, reshuffled and maybe even follower stuff to be looked at, which would seem like a bloody good idea considering how short term the alert was

• Like 2

i have similar idea as some people already mentioned, but might be a bit more polished. Add a spell for Mag, that would be self castable on body (only on mag himself) that would allow, lets say for 5-10 minutes (while spell lasts) for mags  to surface mine at spell power % rate (not capped at 50%), so 80 power spell would provide 80% rate. The spell should be moderate difficulty (so it would be worth wile to get descent spell powers, but since its not castable on items it would not drown the servers with pickaxes where everyone can surface mine at high %, only exclusively for mag priests) and also, while under the spell effect, the mag should be able to raise rock more than 40 slope, lets say a max slope formula of "40+(spell power/2.5)". This would prove to be quite useful for a mag priest, would lie down into mags profile very nicely and would actually make some people playing mag more actively, not as a "log in when needed" alt. 

also, strongwall should be updated as follows

If we're suggesting spells that help Mags theme as a mining god, how about a strongwall spell for floors that reinforces floors

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Figs said:

How about a spell that is basically the opposite of Wind of Ages that makes all your action times longer for those that prefer to grind that way. Would lower the need to do silly things like grind while having large wounds.

god yes please

21 hours ago, Figs said:

God please yes

Well, I've simmered down a bit, after getting some news that made me incredibly happy about how Uniques are no longer easy to find in 5 minutes.  One thing I have hoped for, for quite some time.  That and further reading on priests, how Mag is getting more useful spells.  I may have to at least try them out now, which I can't do if I sell off everything and leave.

Anyway. Needed to pop in to say that.

• Like 6
  • Cat 1

On 1/16/2020 at 1:52 AM, Figs said:

Yes please god

Hate to be a bit of a combobreaker with these funny affirmations, but would it be mutually exclusive with CoC? If it is, it could be something like "Artisans Dilligence", where the increase in time also increases the chances of success/effect of the action, however applicable. So it's not just some artificial time increase to pander to a honestly weird grinding meta, but providing an alternative modus operandi: AD only for more reliable skill ticks that are also larger, or stack WoA back on it to have a tool with better success chances (easier to imp stuff with for instance), but with overall worse ticks than an equivalent WoA/CoC tool.

I would definitely support an Anti-Wind of ages, if it gave better/larger skill ticks + longer timers.

Big + 1

• Like 1

I've asked about this and the feedback is it would become another 100% necessary spell to have and that's not what we're looking for at this point, sorry! 

How about some other pickaxe enchants? For example one that increases the chance that you get special stuff like  gems? It's not a must have enchant, but mostly nice to have. Could give Fo a similar one for shovels.

I'd let the surface mining enchant go beyond the 50% cap, even if it's  only to 60% max. That's a 20% increase, so actually pretty good even if it doesn't look like much. Capping it to 50% makes it useless to people with high mining.

The spell to light and fuel furnaces sounds great. Thinking of similar things, perhaps an enchant that makes it possible to light such items without kindling would be a good idea? To prevent abuse the item should probably only burn for like 15-30 seconds, enough time to throw some fuel in. Or a furnace enchant which increases the efficiency of fuel so that the furnace burns longer?

32 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I've asked about this and the feedback is it would become another 100% necessary spell to have and that's not what we're looking for at this point, sorry! 

I understand that point of view.  Just giving every priest a must have spell that everyone needs just forces everyone to run more priest alts rather than balancing things. 

I still like the suggestion for some way to increase your action timers in the game.  Perhaps as a alchemy or specialty food.  Maybe poisoning yourself?  This could even get a slight penalty so that isn't better than focused speed grinding.  This would be for slow, consistent ticks with long action timers for those busy with other stuff irl

Edited by Toma