Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

all priests will get one. 

if you have a /transfer already may as well use it now, but if it's about repraying and sermoning, wait. 

Thanks. 

Wait...why wait? Why does it matter when you use /transfer?  Does one timing option retain the faith and the other doesn't?  

Player-gods will become their template god upon the update, right? If so, will they keep their faith at the point they get switched to the template? what about when they use /transfer after that to become the type of priest they actually want, do they keep their faith or get reset to zero? 

Please explain.

If you have one now and you use it, you'll get another when the update goes live. 

8 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I honestly don't understand why people want to be able to have a single priest that does everything, or a single character who can do anything. That was never the intended result; different kinds of priests exist for a reason. At the point where you expect to be 100% self-sufficient and never rely on alliance/village/kingdom members, or trade for things, you might as well be playing a single-player game.

Actually, the intent and implementation of the priest overhaul was to take what we learned and benefited from of player gods and removing them while tweaking the original gods to be similar (which is glaringly obvious by some cases such as giving black light aosp and a life transferish spell, and white light web armor) to remove situations where you would need extra priests for one or so spells (or proxy alts in caves for pvp).  The only reason really that there isn't already a single priest for freedom that does everything is the weird lore situation that gave white light 3 priests to split the spells among while black light gets one which means neither side can have a single priest that does everything for balance reasons

• Like 2

I hope that hand mirror isn't too pricey...

I am very much so looking forward towards seeing main deity's being 'spiced up'.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:19 PM, Retrograde said:

encouraging their chosen favour items steps back the watered down feel of the religion and priest system.

By the way... Does this mean I will essentially have to depriest or something in order to get more reliable favour? Because all these useful skills for favour require improving in order to properly grind them.

Just please have it so that these skills that you NEED as a priest aren't locked for the reason of... Being a priest. I'm not even asking for the ability to improve. Just something reliable or even a skill that priests can reliably grind.

• Like 1

Devs,

I want to thank you for 3 person! I have wanted that for a very long time. I have tried on test server and its awosme! Please get this in game asap!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

does buying silver from the shop also give loyalty points?

That sounds like a really good idea to give added incentive to buying silver from the shop over RMT, even if it doesn't give anywhere near the amount of points that premium does.

9 hours ago, Wiolo said:

By the way... Does this mean I will essentially have to depriest or something in order to get more reliable favour? Because all these useful skills for favour require improving in order to properly grind them.

Just please have it so that these skills that you NEED as a priest aren't locked for the reason of... Being a priest. I'm not even asking for the ability to improve. Just something reliable or even a skill that priests can reliably grind.

My deepest condolences.  If we're going back to the old days then...

Cloth Tailoring - Fo/Vyn (harsh to imp beyond 35 with just creation QL)

Toymaking - Vyn (never tried to level toymaking, but odds are it is painful)

Locksmithing - Mag (levelled via creation by everyone, so not too bad)
Rope making - GL levelling this with creation ticks, net improving is the only way to really go

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Draiodoir said:

Wait...why wait? Why does it matter when you use /transfer?  Does one timing option retain the faith and the other doesn't?  

Player-gods will become their template god upon the update, right? If so, will they keep their faith at the point they get switched to the template? what about when they use /transfer after that to become the type of priest they actually want, do they keep their faith or get reset to zero? 

Please explain.

If you're Nacho or any other player god, it seems good to use the transfer earlier to test drive one of the old gods if you already have one

Edited by Madnath

If yoyos/locks/cordage ropes/cloth squares are going to be relevant again are we going to get locksmithing and toymaking imbues? ( could imbue string to up creation ql of yoyos )

Currently ropemaking benefits most from imbues ( no toymaking/locksmithing imbues and you can't imbue loom  ).

Edited by Martynas5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Rope making - GL levelling this with creation ticks, net improving is the only way to really go

Rope traps cannot be improved, the only way to grind ropemaking is... by making ropes lol.  Its very hard skill to grind, nearly as hard as weaponsmithing i would say. However i personally dont give a crap, my ropemaking was years ago 90+ and i have never ever chopped no veggies to sac, used only ropes. and if all priests could get double favour saccing ropes, i would very much welcome this change :) 

Edit: oh i see imping net traps now gives ropemaking.. so pff, even easier to grind, so stop crying, start using that sleep...

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Rope traps cannot be improved, the only way to grind ropemaking is... by making ropes lol.  Its very hard skill to grind, nearly as hard as weaponsmithing i would say. However i personally dont give a crap, my ropemaking was years ago 90+ and i have never ever chopped no veggies to sac, used only ropes. and if all priests could get double favour saccing ropes, i would very much welcome this change :) 

Edit: oh i see imping net traps now gives ropemaking.. so pff, even easier to grind, so stop crying, start using that sleep...

Can imp fish keep net, which is a lot easier to make than net trap.

I doubt it's hard now to grind it up tbh, only need bunch of strings ( imping takes x1 string for both fish keep net and net trap )

49 minutes ago, Martynas5 said:

Can imp fish keep net, which is a lot easier to make than net trap.

I doubt it's hard now to grind it up tbh, only need bunch of strings ( imping takes x1 string for both fish keep net and net trap )

yeah a lot easier to grind it now. gone are the days when i grinded it with 1 ql coc rope tool, sleep bonus failing bow strings and later cordages to get skill gains..

2 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Priests can't imp -_-

I hate the lootbox randomness planned, its so childish and not in line with what Wurm community is about... There, I said it. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Priests can't imp -_-

you dont have to do it on priest. players who run priest always have crafters. just grind it on crafter. Solved :)

10 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

you dont have to do it on priest. players who run priest always have crafters. just grind it on crafter. Solved :)

I have a free alt I use to remove trees from my lawn.  That's about it.

I'm a "one sub" kind of guy.

3 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

I have a free alt I use to remove trees from my lawn.  That's about it.

I'm a "one sub" kind of guy.

You're a Fo priest, right?

Fo has double favor from food. I think this could use some work; currently, REALLY complex food gives you a lot of favor, but the way it scales is kind of funny because my lemon-herb battered chicken doesn't give much at all. I think it could be very useful if Fo's food sacrificing got more favor at low-complexity prepared dishes, but had diminishing returns at high complexity. I'd just find it fun for that to be a viable method, even if it's a bit more involved than chopping herbs like I'm doing right now.

2 hours ago, Skatyna said:

oh i see imping net traps now gives ropemaking.. so pff, even easier to grind, so stop crying, start using that sleep

You can't improve as a priest. Which is in the context of this quote.

Also, I only prem 1 account at a time. So It's out of the question for me.

There's been a few comments about this leaving magranon underpowered, and we've been working on that. So far we have a pickaxe enchant that increases the chance of successful surface mining (still capped at the 50% chance that 99 mining has though, so more beneficial at lower levels) 

We also have a spell to light and fuel furnaces,pretty straight forward. 

We're also changing disintegrate to take chunks out of veins, with power * 3 ore removed per cast. (normal functionality for reinforced tiles) 

This should bring some more mining themed utility to mag and also reward high channelling within the mag priest. 

If you have ideas for other spells or balancing things (not giving x God something y God has though) feel free to suggest them too! 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

We're also changing disintegrate to take chunks out of veins, with power * 3 ore removed per cast. (normal functionality for reinforced tiles) 

This changes everything, now I don't need to swing endlessly at a trash quality sandstone veins in my underground tunnels.

• Like 2

seems "balanced" for passively generating mountains of ash.. "well thought" again