Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

1 hour ago, Shinjutsu said:

Jsut because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean it's fine. I disliked the tenth anniversary quite a bit because some people were lukcy, like me, others got a sleep poweder and lootboxes are just bad and lazy. If you wonna monetize your game do it like good f2p models.

You don't have to redeem your points for gift packs if you don't want to. There are plenty of other options, with the gift pack being something fun to grab if you don't care or can't choose what to get. 

Focus on decoratives. Wurm players are suckers for shiny things. Wagon, weapon, armorskins. Don't lock them all behind payments but some and  not any gameplay influencing stuff. It's jsut bad and very outdated gamedesign to still rely on randomized rewards.

Ahh yes, filler. Don't look to improve the game itself, just drown the players in cosmetics and good looking vanity items! No thanks.

I think the proposed features, as I choose to generously call them for now, had little thought behind it, especially the removal of player deities and the way its done seems short sighted at best. Yes, less deities would be better BUT give the old deities more utility as the system of being forced to have a priest alt because otherwise you can't do crap yourself, is already shitty enough as it is and another way fof jsut extracting another subscription out of a single player. Sure there can be arguments made that you could "play with others" as a priest so others can craft literally everything for you that isn't a mallet but it's clear that that will not work. Being reliant to such a massive degree onto others never works in the long run.

I'm sure the removal of player gods had a lot of thought behind it, considering how controversial of a change it has turned out to be. Overall it will be healthier for the game going forward, especially if they overhaul the current gods. I will agree with you that priests shouldn't have as many restrictions but they've got to have some kind of penalty otherwise, there's no reason NOT to be a priest.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dinant said:

Do the account holders of the player gods get their accounts back?

They never lost them, the concept of the account being removed from the game once ascending was removed and other things changed before anyone got there.

• Like 1

If you're going to remove player gods, please introduce a 5th neutral god that is boring and doesn't play with the others in PVP that is a good deed maintenance god like Nahjo was.

New God - Jake from State Farm:

Courier

Strongwall

Genesis

Mend

Summon Soul

Vessel

Reveal Creatures

Lurker in the Deep

Wild Growth

Humid Drizzle

Light Token

Dirt

Bless

Edited by Seriphina
[22:17:50] You no longer feel the presence of Nahjo.
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, gorgian said:

P.S. In my opinion, It's working on pve. Don't fix something that's working.  If you want to loot stuff. Find a fallen deed. Or better yet go to pvp. You can do what you like there. 

In actuality, things are not working on PVE, making changes to increase interest and enjoyment. Disabling and making skills useless in PVE does not mean 'it's working' it's expressly not working at all. It's downright laughable to have stuff protected to the extent that it is... Boring to travel across a landscape where everything is locked by a player who decided to quit a year or more ago, can't do nothing with it but wait for it to decay. Sorry that's not increasing the FUN in the game. The first thing a new player thinks is... 'That's stupid' - and they are right.

Anyhow I said my bit - let's see if anyone is listening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

In actuality, things are not working on PVE, making changes to increase interest and enjoyment. Disabling and making skills useless in PVE does not mean 'it's working' it's expressly not working at all. It's downright laughable to have stuff protected to the extent that it is... Boring to travel across a landscape where everything is locked by a player who decided to quit a year or more ago, can't do nothing with it but wait for it to decay. Sorry that's not increasing the FUN in the game. The first thing a new player thinks is... 'That's stupid' - and they are right.

theft from other players in an mmo is always an incredibly grey area. A new player might think "thats stupid" but they get to think that with all their belongings that a veteran didn't steal for fun. 

lockpicking and stealing goods is a PvP action, and as such belongs only on the PvP server. 

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

lockpicking and stealing goods is a PvP action, and as such belongs only on the PvP server. 

But is still achievable on Freedom, and is not a bug.

I'm just here to pour one out for my bad b***h SMEAGAIN. My priestess may say Vynora next month, but she'll still be Sme in spirit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

theft from other players in an mmo is always an incredibly grey area. A new player might think "thats stupid" but they get to think that with all their belongings that a veteran didn't steal for fun. 

To say something that in reality can't be locked, is lock-able (rowboat / open cart) yet on the other hand say that same thing is un-pickable... is somewhat nonsensical (illogical). My point was, something off deed and outside of a house (which have permissions) and is just locked, should be assumed part of the environment - essentially un-owned. How can we assume that a chest in the middle of nowhere has an active owner. PVP is a loose term, it's not against a player if that player is not playing anymore. It just hurts immersion to protect everything indefinitely.

If the goal were to add some excitement to exploring the world, one would see the benefit in allowing for a limited scope wherein locks are utilized even in PVE. 

I rest my case. ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

To say something that in reality can't be locked, is lock-able (rowboat / open cart) yet on the other hand say that same thing is un-pickable... is somewhat nonsensical (illogical). My point was, something off deed and outside of a house (which have permissions) and is just locked, should be assumed part of the environment - essentially un-owned. How can we assume that a chest in the middle of nowhere has an active owner. PVP is a loose term, it's not against a player if that player is not playing anymore. It just hurts immersion to protect everything indefinitely.

"oh boy i can't wait to build a 90ql 1x1 shack around my cart/wagon/boat every time i log off because that's infinitely more logical than just not having lockpicking in pve"

everyones thats not a paste-eater will just secure their stuff inside buildings that take years to decay if you still log in, there won't be any good loot to find, you've made the game more tedious for everyone because they have to do this in fear of some nerd who's spent a year grinding lockpicking because its a garbage skill that only gets a tick every 10 minutes, the only people that you'll reappropriate loot from are newbies and people that are careless, and you've made the argument that it makes the game more logical in a world where these actions are enforced by some mysterious entity that magically knows when you're doing bad things

10/10 suggestion

• Like 3

On 1/12/2020 at 5:26 PM, Cecci said:

Will we still get the Sleep Powders when we buy prem in the shop also?

Honestly about lockpicking offdeed I would totally support that. There is indeed too much protectionism in-game that promotes too much "littering", too much garbage lying around, hundreds of boats, wagons, carts. It should be a player's responsibility to take care of his items, if he leaves his cart in the middle of the forest for a year, should it not be considered abandoned? If I leave a 5 speeder unbranded horse, uncared for off deed out of neglijence , should I yell at a player if he takes it? No! It was my mistake I should learn from it .

Here's some ideas.

When I made my deed on deliverance, there were a LOT of abandoned wagons and carts on my deed perimeter, I couldn't *Drag* the wagons, only push them to a slightly obscure spot, hoping for decay . That was 2 years ago. They still haven't decayed. And they have ql 1 locks.

I am pretty sure they are empty, but to be honest, if the player hasn't come back in 2 years, it should be free game by now, at least to BASH them. I hate this decay part in wurm. If we can't lockpick, at least let us destroy some items. And those carts were 50+ 70 ql quality. Decay would take at least 1-2 more years.

1. And no, I'm not saying decay should be faster, but what would be nice if we had an additional perm system related to abandoned vehicles. A system that would flag items as "This <insert item name> seems to have been abandoned by his owner due to inactivity. It has been marked as free game to lockpick. Do you wish to take ownership of this item? " Something like that.

2. Add "destroy item" to management permissions. We can blow up houses if we want if we own them. Why can't we do the same with boats/carts/wagons? Or for that matter, mine doors as well.

There's already an "item history" to show who lockpicked what wagon, boat, door. Most pvers aren't familiar with it but pvpers I am certain they are.

3. Personally I'd love a system that would introduce a "break-down" action. Break down items to 25%-50% component parts with a timer based off your carpentry/smithing/masonry skill.

Example : Find abandoned wagon. System knows the wagon owner hasn't logged in 1 year at least. System flags wagon as free for all. Go to wagon - right click - break down, timer 3 minutes. Result? : Some planks, some shafts, some nails, a wheel or two, ql should be near the wagon ql.

If no breakdown option is available , then can we make the "bash" action as a 1 action event with a longer timer? For example instead of bashing an item 10 times with a 30 sec timer, can we instead have 1 single action with 1 timer = 5 minutes. With the mention that at the end, the item is destroyed. If the action is canceled , it has to be restarted.

Just saying it would be nice if we had options to clean up our corners of the map. And let's be honest, finding a priest that can create a lava tile so i can push 10 different carts on IS NOT a nice and viable option, it's a headache, and sometimes costly.

Just some options that could maybe add some nice control over wurm items. Blowing up a cart is no more realistic than blowing up a house. But it would be nice if we had the option .

Edited by elentari
  • Like 4

When Xanadu first opened, I had a neighbor with a villager that became disgruntled and left the village after packing up his belongings.  He packed up his MR wagon, loaded said wagon onto his corbita, and sailed out of local to the NW about 300 tiles.  I believe the MR wagon is still floating in the water of NE Xanadu (F24 if memory serves) to this day.  The boat sank, probably every item that was in the wagon has decayed, but the wagon itself remains, likely repaired by every sailor that passes it by.

It's been what.... 5 years?  Carts and boats aren't going to ever go away (abandoned by players that have quit) if people can just walk up and repair them.  I would also love to be able to sink my own ships collecting dust in front of my deed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

When Xanadu first opened, I had a neighbor with a villager that became disgruntled and left the village after packing up his belongings.  He packed up his MR wagon, loaded said wagon onto his corbita, and sailed out of local to the NW about 300 tiles.  I believe the MR wagon is still floating in the water of NE Xanadu (F24 if memory serves) to this day.  The boat sank, probably every item that was in the wagon has decayed, but the wagon itself remains, likely repaired by every sailor that passes it by.

It's been what.... 5 years?  Carts and boats aren't going to ever go away (abandoned by players that have quit) if people can just walk up and repair them.  I would also love to be able to sink my own ships collecting dust in front of my deed.

Yesterday i visited ruins of my old deed. I can still see few bsb that hasnt decayed for over 3 years already?

The boat sank, probably every item that was in the wagon has decayed, but the wagon itself remains, likely repaired by every sailor that passes it by.

When people repair, objects stay. I know about a deed kept up for nearly a year after the mayor left the game. Will you forbid that too?

As to ships, one could object that they decay slowly. The problem also is that a moored ship cannot be moved. On the other hand I am fairly grateful that I have not to run around and repair all my ships every few days. Fences in perim are bad enough.

Chests, bsb, fsb etc. can be pushed, so can carts and wagons once the hitches are gone. If they are so annoying expose a rock tile, push them on it, and call a PoP level 7 upwards to erupt it. You may even (cautiously) collect the contents if any. No idea if anybody charges something for erupt, maybe 1s for the journey.

It's not about forbiding repair. It's about streamlining the process of getting rid of eyesores.

Why can't I bash an abandoned cart on the perimeter of my deed, a cart locked with a ql 1 lock? It would be nice for each cart/wagon/ship to have a warning that says "If no actions are done by the owner to this item in at least 6 months - 1 year, then it will be considered abandoned".

Actions include : Using item, embarking, disembarking, managing permissions for item, repairing (by owner), improving (improving), etc.

And again, it would be nice if we have a check box option to just blow them up and delete certain items exactly how we do with houses . GMs can make items dissapear. Giving the same option to players like deleting certain unwanted wagons/ship transporters would be great.

I remember on Epic, on Desertion I made a garbage dump where I dumped at least 100+ wagons, carts, ship transporters from "Creation missions". I donated as many as I could but ultiamately I had to make a dump for them.

The faster we can get rid of trash , the more beautiful Wurm can be. It's not just aesthetic. It's functional too.

Edited by elentari
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, elentari said:

The faster we can get rid of trash , the more beautiful Wurm can be. It's not just aesthetic. It's functional too.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Lava

• Most items take 1.00 damage approximately every 15 minutes.
  • Some items, including but not limited to items that can be lit (such as lamps, lamp heads, and forges) will instead take 0.10 damage once per second.

13 hours ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

If you think that's boring you won't be alone in having that be one of the reasons you'd rather play on a PvP server. There's not a lot of PvP on Epic, but you can still picklock.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:56 PM, Retrograde said:

We're aware it's going to be a painful change for some, but it's something we've danced around for a long time and have decided that it needs to happen. Juggling so many different variations just becomes too much to balance and watered down the importance of the main gods. We want to shift back to the four gods with reliance on their prospective favoured sacrificing items rather than a huge range of player gods and chopped vegetables. 

I totally get it's a blow for some, but in the long run is better for Wurm as a whole. 

(original comment retracted)

Not pleased with priest change at all.  I wish we could just lump them all into one character.  Or at least just 1 light and 1 dark priest.  Maybe link all the lights for favor reasons?  Something?  Hard to swallow change here, but in light of some other news I heard, I'll probably hang around a bit and see where it goes.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Yep, it is going to be much better.  I quit for good.  I'll be freeing up my deeds for other players to take over and selling or junking all my crap.  I am never going back to a system that forces people to have so many different priests.

One way you can fix this is just give all priests all spells.  That is it.  There were too many gods and too many choices people had to make.  But you guys can't figure out your crap and keep throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.  Just make it so all spells are there for all priests and be done.

What about all those altars... what a nightmare.  The rediculous amount of time people spent to invest in the new priests and you just toss it all away.

Yes, you are breaking the backs of so many people that kept playing this game. 

I am done!

I think that such negative development decisions need to stop, it is not like there wouldn't be any alternatives. In 2020 you can find a good online game in each edge of the internet. Wurm must become the imagination of it's players again and not some result of a bunch of meetings.

• Like 3

Omfg do you know how much abuse I went through begging and pleading for 3rd person especially on Steam..and It's finally being implemented.  🤩🤩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Yep, it is going to be much better.  I quit for good.  I'll be freeing up my deeds for other players to take over and selling or junking all my crap.  I am never going back to a system that forces people to have so many different priests.

One way you can fix this is just give all priests all spells.  That is it.  There were too many gods and too many choices people had to make.  But you guys can't figure out your crap and keep throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.  Just make it so all spells are there for all priests and be done.

What about all those altars... what a nightmare.  The rediculous amount of time people spent to invest in the new priests and you just toss it all away.

Yes, you are breaking the backs of so many people that kept playing this game. 

I am done!

With all the people I see leaving Wurm and selling off to  quitthinking that this is it for Wurm Online since they are going to start all over on steam .

If you think they will merge this Wurm with Steam , wont happen .

What makes you think players will buy something for a dying game then , namely  you're character and items so you can sell the gold and silver for real cash ?

Unless new players have no clue what's been going on pass year and are willing to gamble Wurm will not see the same faith as WU is receiving ?

I have nothing against you Wurmhole , but I just see people saying they had it and having a quit sale .....

Makes no sense why someone would take such a chance ..

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand why people want to be able to have a single priest that does everything, or a single character who can do anything. That was never the intended result; different kinds of priests exist for a reason. At the point where you expect to be 100% self-sufficient and never rely on alliance/village/kingdom members, or trade for things, you might as well be playing a single-player game.

• Like 9

@retrograde 

Will all priests get a free transfer at the update or only those priests that follow player-gods?  

I currently have a Vyn Priest (that has a free transfer right now) and a Nahjo.

I plan to change my Vyn to Fo, and my Nahjo to Vyn after the update since her channeling/faith is higher (unless the spells they have after the update are not the same as they are now, then I will have to decide what I want to do). 

What I want to know is whether I need to convert my Vyn to Fo now (before the update) or will she have a free transfer after the update (either the one she already has or one because every priest gets one. yes, I know she won't end up with two. I just want to make sure she'll have *one*).

all priests will get one. 

if you have a /transfer already may as well use it now, but if it's about repraying and sermoning, wait.