Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

1 minute ago, Cipacadrinho said:

In 3rd person mode does mouse hovering over your toon and pressing Open produce the Character window on screen? that would be neat

Does activating your statue and casting on the 3rd person model of your toon work instead of having to drag body on toolbelt or open the character window. It should as you can cast on other's player model right?

Does dragging and dropping items from inventory over the 3rd person model work the same as dragging them in the character window and equip them? Sure probably some people will release the items while not mouse hovering the model and actually end up dropping them on the ground but that is player error brings fun:)

Can we have healing items activated then  mouse hove the 3rd person model and just press First Aid keybind and the game will start healing prioritizing the worst wound and if 2 or more are same power wounds just have them prio body parts starting from head and going all the way dont to feet. 

no
no
no
no

In third person you cannot interact with your own body. 

Edit: And by no, I mean that's not how it works at this point. 

• Like 1

Ok i understand that maybe 3rd person is more of a zoom out from own body and those things are not available but since you  can cast on the model of some other player i dont think the code for that would be too hard to implement.

But is all about small quality of life improvement and sort of natural instinct as it wil be hard to justify going to a rift, being able to cast truehit on other ppl's models then have to open character window or drag body to a toolbelt slot to be able to buff myself when my model is right smack in the middle of the screen:)

But hey you did not ruled it out completely just probably need 100 more devs to start working on the sugestion list!

Please dont forget  adding OblivionBeaver and BlacaSmash as the  2 new baseline BL gods :)

It really seems like the sudden shock of changes is really a root issue, as well as what some feel is a kick in the sensitive parts with changes to priests. Simple communication might help solve this. For all the talk of better communication and explanation in the past, we really aren't seeing that. It would be great if there was just some kind of rough plan that players could see, call it a 'roadmap' maybe, that helps us all see the glorious light at the end of the tunnel rather than the tunnel behind us collapsing.

Beyond that, I'm really regretting the timing for me personally, having depriested from Lib to Nahjo primarily because I wanted strongwall.

Will Libila be given Strongwall in PvE with this update? Please, let us know.

• Like 1

Getting rid of player-gods is fine with me. My issue is with saccing items in itself and of course, an announcement that like most recent big updates....came out of nowhere. Some heads up would have been nice to be frank. If it was a split second decision made last weekend, I get but still....

Could we at least standardize the saccing mechanic so all gods benefit equally from saccing veggies ? It wouldn't disrupt the farming market so much, which farmers would like, priests will be happy that they can keep their casting rhythm up, and overall the change would be a bit more smooth.

Example : Cordage ropes are high end items really, grinding ropemaking isn't easy compared to say ... just farming corn and chopping it? Just saying there needs to be an equal footing somewhere. Most players in wurm farm, I doubt that many have 70 ropemaking.

The loyalty program looks nice. I have mixed feeling about certain items to be honest. But i'll wait until it's in the game to have an opinion about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fearil said:

Will Libila be given Strongwall in PvE with this update? Please, let us know.

While I liked your post and agree to nearly all of it, please NO to strongwall for Libila. It would have nearly or entirely the same effect as Nahjo had on priests: a swiss army knife priest for all utilites (mainly mailing and strongwall), even more powerful in the case of Libila.

Generally, even though hurt by the loss of my Nahjo priest, I would support that the removal of player gods was a legitimate way to get to a more balanced variety in priesthood. That balancing work is not complete right now, with Magranon heavily underpowered. Giving strongwall away to a different deity would not only recreate this problem and worsen it.

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

While I liked your post and agree to nearly all of it, please NO to strongwall for Libila. It would have nearly or entirely the same effect as Nahjo had on priests: a swiss army knife priest for all utilites (mainly mailing and strongwall), even more powerful in the case of Libila.

Generally, even though hurt by the loss of my Nahjo priest, I would support that the removal of player gods was a legitimate way to get to a more balanced variety in priesthood. That balancing work is not complete right now, with Magranon heavily underpowered. Giving strongwall away to a different deity would not only recreate this problem and worsen it.

The problem is not Libila but the number of baseline BL gods compared to baseline WL gods.

So because of it Libila has to have spells similar to the other 3 in order for people to want to play BL but then a priest that can do what 3 other priests can will be too strong and WL will cry overpowered.

So the only solution is to have 2 BL baseline gods added  so that spells would be spread on 3 priests for each light. This will ease balancing but will feel like same thing with a different name.

Letting Libila be alone as BL and not give her spells that enable BL to compete with WL will just make BL feel underwhelming and depopulated. Even if the odd one out would want to play BL anyway chances are that his friends will insist on WL because of the obvious advantages.

My solution is as follows:

Give Libila the Tosiek 10% xp and remove 50% chance to not lose xp on death.

Make Magranon a BL so you have 2 WL and 2 BL.  You might be concerned that now 2 battle priests are BL so can do some tweaking for giving more combat juice to Vyn and Fo (Light of Fo still most op spell in combat anyway) and give Magranon either CoC or Genesis.

Remove mycellium. People will play Lib on pve more and more and all her myucellium based spells and some other are disabled anyway so unless you have something great cooked up for the Epic path just take it out,   because it feels worse to have something but not be able to use it rather than just not having it :)

If they keep 3WL and 1BL the only upside would be that all BL priest can link each other but considering how low that number will be due to BL not being present on Freedom for such a long time it will have to be really strong in order to make people want to turn their demigods into Libila.

So i say make Libila overpowered now to make people use it and increase the BL user numbers and then nerf it 2 years later once is well established.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

3 hours ago, Fearil said:

It really seems like the sudden shock of changes is really a root issue, as well as what some feel is a kick in the sensitive parts with changes to priests. Simple communication might help solve this. For all the talk of better communication and explanation in the past, we really aren't seeing that. It would be great if there was just some kind of rough plan that players could see, call it a 'roadmap' maybe, that helps us all see the glorious light at the end of the tunnel rather than the tunnel behind us collapsing.

I feel this was clearly communicated, and explained why it was happening, with the only issue being a months warning. 

Yes, the timeframes are short but we're dealing with tight timeframes over the next few months. 

The roadmap is polish and work towards the launch of Steam, some decisions and choices may be painful, but we're making them with the future of Wurm in mind. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The roadmap is polish and work towards the launch of Steam, some decisions and choices may be painful, but we're making them with the future of Wurm in mind. 

thx

waited years for player gods to get removed, but i cannot see how you're going to properly balance the 4 main gods for pvp. rolf and a bunch of others tried 500 iterations and all failed

what solved it was player gods giving groups more variety to work with

are we going back to the days of being blacklight and needing to have whitelight alts sitting outside our deeds and having to fire guards to use certain spells on our own deeds? how about those same days of blacklighters needing multiple fo linked priests and a vynora/mag, all sitting logged out in a cave out of deed local, in order to be competitive in pvp?

do any pvpers actually still play from the 2012-2014 era of the constant iterations of priest pvp balances between wl/bl that never worked? I guess most are gone by now

good luck

1 hour ago, platinumteef said:

do any pvpers actually still play from the 2012-2014 era of the constant iterations of priest pvp balances between wl/bl that never worked? I guess most are gone by now

good luck

giphy.gif

Here's my take. I'm glad that they are moving to steam in a way. The Wurm community is old and there are characters that have existed sold or passed down for a decade. Wurm tends to be top heavy by nature, one example being how things over 90Q get seemingly exponentially more resistant to decay/damage. If they don't want the whole issue to happen just the same with steam, they need to get some improvements in with the decay code.

Problems (PVE... IMO):

1) Too little decay on off deed items - mainly ships. Ships last forever and it's been a huge problem, they need to take damage from sailing and from time off deed. Let's face it - even new ships of that era leaked, and had to be maintained constantly. You can't have someone new get into the game and actually make any coins off of fixing/building ships when Shippy Shipmaker has been doing it since day 1 and every ship he makes at 90+Q lasts forever. If it lasts too long it kills the game.

2) Rare but critical damage to weapons/armour. Perhaps when a weapon is used on a target with better armour Q than the weapons Q, the weapon has a chance for a critical break, and vice versa. Too much stuff lasting too long is like cancer to this game. I can hear all the crybabies now... whiners who want their stuff to last forever. Problem is it kills the economy - and all those things everyone has forever BECOME worthless when 100 people have a rare huge axe - it's nearly worthless. I tried for weeks to sell a rare steel axe I made, can't sell it for the imp cost!? That's what happens when the market is saturated. How did it become saturated in the first place? Crap lasting too long. One answer - critical breaks!

3) Too much protectionism. Too much crap is safe with PVE... just because it's PVE doesn't mean that there can't be actions that allow for some healthy adventure. This is a touchy one for a lot of PVE whiners, they want everything to be safe all the time no matter what. Sorry that kills the fun. So here are some suggestions: 

a) allow off deed / out of house lockpicking on ANYTHING that is locked. Why?.... why no! no ... that's scary for the pve babies. :) haha. Firstly, it makes locksmithing a viable profession. Secondly it adds some suspense and risk to an otherwise boring perfectly safe situation. Want to keep your wagon or chest out in the woods safe? PUT IT ON A DEED... PUT IT IN A BUILDING... maybe use a BETTER LOCK, maybe you can't lockpick where there are guards - that would also be okay.

b) All things that plant, off deed and not in a building should be BASH-able. Again, if you want to protect it DEED  or HOUSE it. Is that too hard for people to understand? If it's locked and planted, then it would have to be picked to be opened then bashed down if you wanted to take that container. SIMPLE.

Things are boring and too much protection has been given because of baby whiners who can't stand to think logically. No your wagon shouldn't be lockable - how can an open boat be locked? So then they allow them to be locked but that's not good enough? Let's open it up a bit and make sure there is a place for LOCKSMITHS in PVE.

4) Wood. I've said it before and I'll say it one more time, wood needs some love. There is NO POINT in having forestry as a skill. People just cut whatever wood... la de daa.... then use that STUPID hack last bit wood type to change the entire object to cherry. WHY is that horrible? It literally kills the industry for wood, really it's nonsensical. One answer? Objects need to be made of ALL or 51% MAJORITY the same wood to get the bonus for a wood type. If they are made of maple, then last bit is oak, sorry that's not an OAK ship... that's a maple ship with Oak veneer (looks like Oak - but no bonus). Now here come the cry baby whiners again... But it will take forever to get all the cherry for a knarr... it will be too hard.... YES, Yes it will be, and that's the damn point. If everyone has a cherry knarr, then it's not special anymore. Imagine this!!!! If Sven wants to make a cherry knarr, there's a guy who FARMS Cherry wood and stores it.... WHAT? Yeah there is a guy - Sir Cherry... he grows cherry orchards! NO WAY!

Furthermore to this, you can't last part seryll a tin sword - this gives the metals a value that can't be diminished. For some reason they thought making it EASY to change the wood from one type to another was a way to stop the crybabies from whining about it all the time. In reality they killed forestry and the ability to make money farming trees and selling items from rarer wood types. Change this before the STEAM launch!!!

Well I'm going to wrap this up.

In summary, when something is not on deed or in a house it shouldn't have protections beyond what a lock can provide. Allowing lockpicking isn't PVP, it's PVE... something left out without a care becomes part of the environment and part of the fun/challenge. If you're travelling with a cart maybe you want to park the cart at an Inn with either a deed or a building, or near a guard tower. Maybe you want to invest in a good lock! Hey the locksmiths need work too. This makes travelling a tiny bit more risky but way more fun!

If we can count the number of skill industries which can make a profit on one hand, we know there is room for improvement in the use of other skills in PVE. Find ways to make all the skills worthwhile and this will increase the enjoyment for all. Stop making everything last forever and EASY to attain, cherry caravels aplenty does not end well. In my humble opinion things need to be a little more realistic for balance to work and to keep the economy from getting to the point that the WO economy is at now.

Hopefully someone who makes decisions reads this - fix the root of the problems now.

Edited by Diceusinfinitus
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

3) Too much protectionism. Too much crap is safe with PVE... just because it's PVE doesn't mean that there can't be actions that allow for some healthy adventure. This is a touchy one for a lot of PVE whiners, they want everything to be safe all the time no matter what. Sorry that kills the fun. So here are some suggestions: 

a) allow off deed / out of house lockpicking on ANYTHING that is locked. Why?.... why no! no ... that's scary for the pve babies. :) haha. Firstly, it makes locksmithing a viable profession. Secondly it adds some suspense and risk to an otherwise boring perfectly safe situation. Want to keep your wagon or chest out in the woods safe? PUT IT ON A DEED... PUT IT IN A BUILDING... maybe use a BETTER LOCK, maybe you can't lockpick where there are guards - that would also be okay.

You make valid points IMO, i like every suggestion you made, game needs new sand to play with. Things could be better for simple locksmith for example, there is no need for locksmith on PvE atm, 1QL lock is enough to protect your goods.

Or maybe having a spirit templar on deed disallows any lockpicking actions, extra money sink.

Hopefully would have some PvP events as well where you can start draining the token and it spawns spirit templars to protect it and you can drain 10% of current coffers but 1s in total, same thing if you attack any buildings, templars are summoned. Could have a rule on the event that griefing isn't allowed, only the needed tiles are allowed to destroy in order to get in the token. The mayor could be defending as well. If the defender can manage to keep the players from draining he could get some reward for deed upkeep for example. If the attacker succeeds on draining the token, he could get the amount of coppers or max 1s + one random item, maybe a sleep powder who am i kidding, this is exploitable and takes ages to implement, forget it. :) 

We could have some sort of item that boosts your overall fighting abilities lets say 30-60 mins for example, after that you have lets say 30% of chance of breaking on each piece (armors, weapon and shield). a bit of risk on a possible reward.

ps. #freeBLfromWLbullys

1 hour ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

Here's my take. I'm glad that they are moving to steam in a way. The Wurm community is old and there are characters that have existed sold or passed down for a decade. Wurm tends to be top heavy by nature, one example being how things over 90Q get seemingly exponentially more resistant to decay/damage. If they don't want the whole issue to happen just the same with steam, they need to get some improvements in with the decay code.

Problems (PVE... IMO):

1) Too little decay on off deed items - mainly ships. Ships last forever and it's been a huge problem, they need to take damage from sailing and from time off deed. Let's face it - even new ships of that era leaked, and had to be maintained constantly. You can't have someone new get into the game and actually make any coins off of fixing/building ships when Shippy Shipmaker has been doing it since day 1 and every ship he makes at 90+Q lasts forever. If it lasts too long it kills the game.

2) Rare but critical damage to weapons/armour. Perhaps when a weapon is used on a target with better armour Q than the weapons Q, the weapon has a chance for a critical break, and vice versa. Too much stuff lasting too long is like cancer to this game. I can hear all the crybabies now... whiners who want their stuff to last forever. Problem is it kills the economy - and all those things everyone has forever BECOME worthless when 100 people have a rare huge axe - it's nearly worthless. I tried for weeks to sell a rare steel axe I made, can't sell it for the imp cost!? That's what happens when the market is saturated. How did it become saturated in the first place? Crap lasting too long. One answer - critical breaks!

b) All things that plant, off deed and not in a building should be BASH-able. Again, if you want to protect it DEED  or HOUSE it. Is that too hard for people to understand? If it's locked and planted, then it would have to be picked to be opened then bashed down if you wanted to take that container. SIMPLE.

Things are boring and too much protection has been given because of baby whiners who can't stand to think logically. No your wagon shouldn't be lockable - how can an open boat be locked? So then they allow them to be locked but that's not good enough? Let's open it up a bit and make sure there is a place for LOCKSMITHS in PVE.

4) Wood. I've said it before and I'll say it one more time, wood needs some love. There is NO POINT in having forestry as a skill. People just cut whatever wood... la de daa.... then use that STUPID hack last bit wood type to change the entire object to cherry. WHY is that horrible? It literally kills the industry for wood, really it's nonsensical. One answer? Objects need to be made of ALL or 51% MAJORITY the same wood to get the bonus for a wood type. If they are made of maple, then last bit is oak, sorry that's not an OAK ship... that's a maple ship with Oak veneer (looks like Oak - but no bonus). Now here come the cry baby whiners again... But it will take forever to get all the cherry for a knarr... it will be too hard.... YES, Yes it will be, and that's the damn point. If everyone has a cherry knarr, then it's not special anymore. Imagine this!!!! If Sven wants to make a cherry knarr, there's a guy who FARMS Cherry wood and stores it.... WHAT? Yeah there is a guy - Sir Cherry... he grows cherry orchards! NO WAY!

Furthermore to this, you can't last part seryll a tin sword - this gives the metals a value that can't be diminished. For some reason they thought making it EASY to change the wood from one type to another was a way to stop the crybabies from whining about it all the time. In reality they killed forestry and the ability to make money farming trees and selling items from rarer wood types. Change this before the STEAM launch!!!

Well I'm going to wrap this up.

In summary, when something is not on deed or in a house it shouldn't have protections beyond what a lock can provide. Allowing lockpicking isn't PVP, it's PVE... something left out without a care becomes part of the environment and part of the fun/challenge. If you're travelling with a cart maybe you want to park the cart at an Inn with either a deed or a building, or near a guard tower. Maybe you want to invest in a good lock! Hey the locksmiths need work too. This makes travelling a tiny bit more risky but way more fun!

If we can count the number of skill industries which can make a profit on one hand, we know there is room for improvement in the use of other skills in PVE. Find ways to make all the skills worthwhile and this will increase the enjoyment for all. Stop making everything last forever and EASY to attain, cherry caravels aplenty does not end well. In my humble opinion things need to be a little more realistic for balance to work and to keep the economy from getting to the point that the WO economy is at now.

Hopefully someone who makes decisions reads this - fix the root of the problems now.

These are the ideas we should see in Valrei International. Not this #givingawayfreestuffandremovingfeaturesforwhiners ######.

However to critical break I'd suggest 2 steps of it, for sake of balancing it. Where first crit moves armor dmg to 98 and an icon informing about it approaches, telling you that any hit more can destroy an item.

Also I love the idea of lockpicking anything that isnt lets say in perimeter of 50 tiles from nearest guard tower. That would add extra risk for all adventurers, as well as would bring more sense and use for guard towers in world. Also would be great for all potential inns on the way.

1 hour ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

.. Things are boring ..baby whiners .. crybabies from whining .. PvE babies ..

My question: When all the problem is boring PvE, why

Chaos players   2/800
Epic cluster players    18/1600
Total players   255/7500

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Themystrix said:

You make valid points IMO, i like every suggestion you made, game needs new sand to play with. Things could be better for simple locksmith for example, there is no need for locksmith on PvE atm, 1QL lock is enough to protect your goods.

Or maybe having a spirit templar on deed disallows any lockpicking actions, extra money sink.

Hopefully would have some PvP events as well where you can start draining the token and it spawns spirit templars to protect it and you can drain 10% of current coffers but 1s in total, same thing if you attack any buildings, templars are summoned. Could have a rule on the event that griefing isn't allowed, only the needed tiles are allowed to destroy in order to get in the token. The mayor could be defending as well. If the defender can manage to keep the players from draining he could get some reward for deed upkeep for example. If the attacker succeeds on draining the token, he could get the amount of coppers or max 1s + one random item, maybe a sleep powder who am i kidding, this is exploitable and takes ages to implement, forget it. :) 

We could have some sort of item that boosts your overall fighting abilities lets say 30-60 mins for example, after that you have lets say 30% of chance of breaking on each piece (armors, weapon and shield). a bit of risk on a possible reward.

ps. #freeBLfromWLbullys

The problem with this is, and has been an issue in the past were bugs. People lost a lot of things that should have been locked but were not locked due to bugs. it was just simpler and far easier to disallow locking picking at the time. And then came the new permissions system. Everything for the most part was fine since then. Re-open this may cause bigger headache then its worth.  Not saying it cant be done. but  its just that bugs happen and will happen. Risking this venture may just be too risky.  Not say i would not like to see this but it is what it is and there would have to be a strong consensus across the board to even think about this. 

Edited by gorgian

11 minutes ago, gorgian said:

The problem with this is, and has been an issue in the past were bugs. People lost a lot of things that should have been locked but were not locked due to bugs. it was just simpler and far easier to disallow locking picking at the time. And then came the new permissions system. Everything for the most part was fine since then. Re-open this may cause bigger headache then its worth.  Not saying it cant be done. but  its just that bugs happen and will happen. Risking this venture may just be too risky.  Not say i would not like to see this but it is what it is and there would have to be a strong consensus across the board to even think about this. 

With the coming Steam release it will be a clean slate, so there is no better time than now to make changes like this. There are protections in place for players - deeds and buildings. Off deed and out of building is where you should expect to have some adventure finding things. Simply put if it's left out away from places protected by permissions (and perhaps the watchful eyes of tower/spirit guards) then it should be considered part of the environment and able to be pve picked. There is an underlying balance issue, between too much protection and simply... FUN. For some players sitting around their deed all day crafting is fun, for others wandering the map in search of adventure is what they'd like to do. The adventure (what's over that hill?... what long lost things can I find in a chest someplace?...) is suffering, it's been suffering for years now from over-protection. So, open it up a bit, make locksmith a viable coin making trade, not only for the locks, but for those who want to pick locks out in the wilderness.

Edited by Diceusinfinitus

2 minutes ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

With the coming Steam release it will be a clean slate, so there is no better time than now to make changes like this. There are protections in place for players - deeds and buildings. Off deed and out of building is where you should expect to have some adventure finding things. Simply put if it's left out away from places protected by permissions (and perhaps the watchful eyes of tower/spirit guards) then it should be considered part of the environment and able to be pve picked. There is an underlying balance issue, between too much protection and simply... FUN. For some players sitting around their deed all day crafting is fun, for others wandering the map in search of adventure is what they'd like to do. The adventure (what's over that hill, what long lost things can I find in a chest someplace...) is suffering, it's been suffering for years now from over-protection. So, open it up a bit, make locksmith a viable coin making trade, not only for the locks, but for those who want to pick locks out in the wilderness.

but it's not a clean slate. each cluster aka WO and WS(Wurm Steam) get the same updates and thus same bugs

1 minute ago, gorgian said:

but it's not a clean slate. each cluster aka WO and WS(Wurm Steam) get the same updates and thus same bugs

What bugs could there be with locking/picking, those seem to work on the PVP servers. In any case it would be a change worth doing regardless. We could simply say the same with any mechanic of the game, well there were issues with the crops/growing code so we can't ever make changes to that again?

I say make the change and work out the problem in the code, don't take the headlights out of the car because the battery doesn't work... Change the battery.

Personal opinion here, and I know most, if not all of this has already been said, but the more people the better I figure....

1) I think ALL information needs to be conveyed on the forums. The streams are great for showing upcoming features, and I still encourage that, but you are probably only showing them to less than 10% of your audience. Most people are not going to be watching your streams or watching them afterwards because it's not as easy as reading a forum post whenever they want.

2) I think important things like priest changes need to be the highlight of the forum post and not as an "oh, by the way..." part of the post, which is what was presented here. It's literally the single most important thing of the update.

3) I think more time also needs to be given between a major announcement like priest changes and the actual implementation. Perhaps something like 2 months instead of 2 weeks.

4) I really want to see this game succeed and I love the priest changes. I'm all for it. But keep in mind public relations are important. They will likely make or break your game.

This is not a post directed at anyone. This is my opinion to you guys in hopes that you at least listen and consider all of this in the future. :)

Edited by Lotus1
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

What bugs could there be with locking/picking, those seem to work on the PVP servers. In any case it would be a change worth doing regardless. We could simply say the same with any mechanic of the game, well there were issues with the crops/growing code so we can't ever make changes to that again?

I say make the change and work out the problem in the code, don't take the headlights out of the car because the battery doesn't work... Change the battery.

you can view all the history,  search in the forums.  There still is one that i know of that's never been fixed yet, but I'm not going to advertise, the dev's know about it. 

crop growth vs losing some valuable stuff due to a bug big difference there.

Edited by gorgian

1 hour ago, gorgian said:

you can view all the history,  search in the forums.  There still is one that i know of that's never been fixed yet, but I'm not going to advertise, the dev's know about it. 

crop growth vs losing some valuable stuff due to a bug big difference there.

Bugs can be corrected.

Valuable things should be either on a deed or in a house, don't see the relevance here.

So.....the presentation and execution of proposed changes makes me feel like you try to adapt the (negative) aspects of "modern" free2play gaming industry into your own game to go along with buying a ###### currency to redeem in the token shop for real player advantages and lootboxes and even for the player advantage, namely affinities, you have a one in a 130 chance of hitting the affinity you want and you'll pay for each roll and I'm just stunned. Along with that, even though i always wanted playergods to be removed as it got crowded with deities, I also foresee that a big portion of paying players will not take kindly to that change. Due to the fact they chose the deity they did for the spells that deity has available based on its utility. Given that information you will revert them back into a priest that will have no use for them as you are not touching those deities in any way or make them more viable and enforce players that have a nahjo piest (as one example) to have 2 priests (Fo and Mag) to have able to two of the most used utility spells (Strongwall and genesis)
I think your decision regarding this entire devblog to be released in a form that says that this is coming will massively hurt the already dwindling playerbase more and certainly will not aid in your endevour to attract more customers. It just seems and feels like a cheap cashgrap to extract more money. I'd strongly advice to reconsider the rewards offered in the giftshop. Remove lootboxes. Keep in decorative features like nametags and skins. Remove the rng from it because rng is not fun when it's directly tied to a monetary value as that is, was and will be gambling. Doesn't matter hot it is labeled.

• Like 1

Rest assured this is all purchased for points, not directly tied to any monetary value. 

The gift boxes have been around for a long time, first given out on the 10th anniversary so it's more just a bit of fun than anything else. 

• Like 1

Jsut because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean it's fine. I disliked the tenth anniversary quite a bit because some people were lukcy, like me, others got a sleep poweder and lootboxes are just bad and lazy. If you wonna monetize your game do it like good f2p models.
Focus on decoratives. Wurm players are suckers for shiny things. Wagon, weapon, armorskins. Don't lock them all behind payments but some and  not any gameplay influencing stuff. It's jsut bad and very outdated gamedesign to still rely on randomized rewards.
I think the proposed features, as I choose to generously call them for now, had little thought behind it, especially the removal of player deities and the way its done seems short sighted at best. Yes, less deities would be better BUT give the old deities more utility as the system of being forced to have a priest alt because otherwise you can't do crap yourself, is already shitty enough as it is and another way fof jsut extracting another subscription out of a single player. Sure there can be arguments made that you could "play with others" as a priest so others can craft literally everything for you that isn't a mallet but it's clear that that will not work. Being reliant to such a massive degree onto others never works in the long run.
I love the game, otherwise I'd hardly stickto it for the duration I already did but the game is not evolving in a direction that will aid in any way to improve the stagnating playercount.

26 minutes ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

Bugs can be corrected.

Before mid 2020, problematic in a short time frame.

37 minutes ago, Diceusinfinitus said:

Valuable things should be either on a deed or in a house, don't see the relevance here.

Not saying they shouldn't be on deed or in a house, 

issue is with  the permission system, locks and lock picking/steeling mechanics on pve.  if you were around those days with all the issues. You will know how much of a headache this was. I hope you get your wish. But i wouldn't count on it. with bigger issues like pvp mechanics. 

(summary it all up, time is the relevant factor here, too little)

P.S. In my opinion, It's working on pve. Don't fix something that's working.  If you want to loot stuff. Find a fallen deed. Or better yet go to pvp. You can do what you like there. 

• Like 1

Do the account holders of the player gods get their accounts back?