Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

4 hours ago, Maiya said:

proberly going back to wemp again as it was before 

I hope ! :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Are there any plans to introduce "the carrot".. or there's just the "stick" planned with priest content?

I assume the loyalty rewards were the carrot that was supposed to make us accept the stick.

Another crazy thought.. 

Steam was planned to open ~mid this year?

Both clusters steam and freedom are not going to merge instantly from what was announced so far.. 

What's the rush to purge traders and change priesting for the opening on steam than?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I assume the loyalty rewards were the carrot that was supposed to make us accept the stick.

I'd hope not, I worked hard on the loyalty system and I'm proud of it! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I know I have been very pissed off about the changes but the loyalty system idea is pretty awesome. Good Job

• Like 2

Those who hate the change posting about losing their Nahjo priest.

Gary and Sme sat there like

UDn3RHB.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madnath said:

UDn3RHB.jpg

who cares for them lul...

check your numbers again... 

#free-beer-to-anyone-crying-a-tear-for-tosiek

shme and gori..c'mon.. just a few more battle priest heads on the spikes

Even If we get sleep powders mostly, still better than yellow potions.

Everything is better than yellow potions.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Will we still get the Sleep Powders when we buy prem in the shop also?

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

What worries me about the system is that it makes or breaks wealth..

These with many old alts with rich prem month history will get that extra points and oversaturate the market on day hour 1.. further more.. the rng could give really old loyal customer only sleep powders... vs complete new player a really rare/expensive drop..

In a world of ... just decorative skin market without trading.. who cares but such.... here.. idk.. seems a bit off, unless the dream of getting a few golden coins should be a thing with the jackpot roulette loyalty program?

Well the gift box isn't the sole thing to get. If you prefer rewards month to month you can have a little fun, but I'd say the other big ticket items would be better long term goals. 

The concerns about oversaturatuon make sense, they're concerns we had too. But ultimately, if you supported a premium character for a long period of time, even if you no longer use them, you deserve a measure of thanks for doing so. 

I know this whole change is controversial, but wurm is no stranger to big changes. I know some are rightfully upset and have questions, and rest assured I'll do my best to have answers. Wurmians always band together to support one another when needed, and if people choose to no longer run a priest, I'm positive others will always be ready to lend a hand with theirs. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Currently it takes 20 100ql veggies to get 100 favour, it's 5 per veggie.

Aim is for between 2-4 per item now, given how easily produced on masse they are it does suggest that a lower number is better for balance rather than them remaining the dominant meta 

Let me try to understand this correctly...

Less than one month after the groundbreaking (and exciting!) introduction of large planter boxes, now is the best time to nerf favor gains from veggies by up to 60% AND trivialize the newfound ability to grow our own mushrooms?

I demand a better explanation from the devs than "it's for the best".   

I also feel that the various conversations going on in this thread.... removal of player gods, nerfing chopped veggies, post-removal balancing discussion and third person camera.... need their own threads.  Because posts like this one are going to get buried quickly.

• Like 3

Yoyos , locks, cloth squares will get favor increase or remain same ? What about mushrooms some give 15 favor at 100QL ( not chopped )

19 minutes ago, Martynas5 said:

Yoyos , locks, cloth squares will get favor increase or remain same ? What about mushrooms some give 15 favor at 100QL ( not chopped )

We're currently going over all favour methods for review. As a heads up I wouldn't make plans about massive scale mushroom farming until that info is out. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Finnn said:

who cares for them lul...

check your numbers again... 

#free-beer-to-anyone-crying-a-tear-for-tosiek

shme and gori..c'mon.. just a few more battle priest heads on the spikes

Nobody cares because newsflash, they're underpowered as balls lol. Why run a Gary or Sme or Tosiek when you could run a Nahjo for utility or Vyn for a good all rounder?

It's almost like, wow, there really is a total imbalance that'd be hard to cover across what, 8 gods?

On 1/11/2020 at 8:17 AM, Jaz said:

No please. Or give the other useful utility spells to Mag too.

Magranon was ###### before the changes and it's ###### after. It needs fixed rather than telling people to go ###### themselves because they don't want to prem a worthless character for what could be argued is a critically important skill for deed creation.

The following is from a PvE-only player perspective.

eTx371w.png

* I did not include spells that are available for all the 4 gods, such as Summon soul or Bless.

Looking at the list of spells, Magranon is going to be an outcast in Freedom once again, with only one useful, unique spell - Strongwall (and even this one is a niche spell).

Disintegrate, let's be honest, so difficult to cast it's close to useless. Easier (and arguably cheaper) to settle a temporary deed.

Sure, Mag has a few other spells (Focused will, Flaming aura), but I wouldn't put those in PvE equations because they have better versions available by other deities.

Dear Wurm team, who speaks of balancing the gods and priests. Look at it!

Vynora and Fo will be the to go-to priests for 75% of players/traders. Libila is for the 20% who want to "do stuff, but be different". Magranon... well, Mag will pay for premium, log in for a day or two, and be forgotten again.

Is that balanced?

Please don't dare to tell us "we probably have to look at balancing those 4 main gods in the future". Do not dare! You have messed and screwed with priests so many times in recent past, I rather have you remove all religion from the game than giving us another "in the future". You should be more than capable to work out balancing the four gods now, right now, within that upcoming change.

I mean, some priests have changed their deity every year, how can they even believe in anything?

Sorry for the rant. I like mining and terraforming, and I'm sad because I'm going to have to play/pay this one-spell-priest. Used to have Life transfer back in the day...

I love this game.

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

The following is from a PvE-only player perspective.

eTx371w.png

* I did not include spells that are available for all the 4 gods, such as Summon soul or Bless.

you forgot wisdom for Vynora

I think his gripe is that Mag has microscopic utility outside of Strongwall itself.  And he isn't wrong.

• Like 5

After reading Oblivions post about making follower benefits better/more balanced I must admit, it feels like just removing the gods pretty short notice is leaving the job pretty half done

• Like 3

That depends on the dev's plans.  If their plans are to segregate priest functionalities, mission accomplished.  

There is no longer a "one size kinda fits all" diety.  You'll see people starting to say "WTB Strongwall casts" in trade chat again, you will see a whole lot of priest accounts being sold (for pennies on the dollar I might add), and soon veggies will be even more worthless than they have been for the last 2 years.

• Like 2

I don't see why the dev's complained that the player gods made the old gods watered down and that it is time to return to the lore of the old god. What lore? There really isn't a story or lore in the game, unless you hunt in the forum for it and let face it people are not going to go do that really. Now if there were quests or stuff that told the story in the game, then the switch would make more sense, but there isn't any of that either so I don't see what "lore" the dev's would be wanting to get back to honestly. May be someone can enlighten us since the game has had a lot of features that seem to be slated to be taken out that have been here since the start of the game and are now (over 12yr later) being addressed. I mean shouldn't these have already been addressed if they needed to be fixed unless no one really knows how they actually want the game to function. It sounds like the dev's tried to placated too many players that are not here any more and are now doing the changes since the players are gone. I think they are trying to fix it all and hope the new Steam release will get the player base they want since all the new changes may kill the existing player base for the most part. After all those on Steam will play the game and many may not even be aware of the baggage that came with the game that existing player know about. Basically it feels like they are trying to make the Steam release a "clean slate" and not caring to much about the existing player base. I mean how long have we been gripping about concrete and that still didn't get fixed and chicken coops where ask for for more than 4 yrs and finally got that done but have to have a Carpentry skill of 60 to be made, I mean really 60! I could go on but it seems like the dev's are preparing for the Steam release and not caring to much about the existing players, it almost seems like they are hoping to replace them with Steam people and try to restart the game like a new Grand Opening. I feel like the Wurm Online now was just over 12yrs of testing for the game they actually want to release on Steam. Will we face the same fate as WU, where it will end up becoming to much to keep the original WO and Steam updated at the same time and so they will just go with the new and shiny compared to the old and broken? I was thinking about going to try the Steam stuff but now I am not so sure.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Madnath said:

UDn3RHB.jpg

you mean when my visions of the priest overhaul are coming closer to fruition

qzgk2bmk64hz.gif

• Like 4

Aw nice now we can see the epic animations In all their glory in 3rd person! Can’t wait to see my Dude’s head go through solid rock wile mining! Haha.

In 3rd person mode does mouse hovering over your toon and pressing Open produce the Character window on screen? that would be neat

Does activating your statue and casting on the 3rd person model of your toon work instead of having to drag body on toolbelt or open the character window. It should as you can cast on other's player model right?

Does dragging and dropping items from inventory over the 3rd person model work the same as dragging them in the character window and equip them? Sure probably some people will release the items while not mouse hovering the model and actually end up dropping them on the ground but that is player error brings fun:)

Can we have healing items activated then  mouse hove the 3rd person model and just press First Aid keybind and the game will start healing prioritizing the worst wound and if 2 or more are same power wounds just have them prio body parts starting from head and going all the way down to feet. 

Edited by Cipacadrinho