Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

27 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

At a minimum, every priest needs PvE Strongwall if player gods are removed.

No please. Or give the other useful utility spells to Mag too.

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We know it's a tough one but we believe this is the right move for the game in general, bringing it back to the original four God choices along with encouraging their chosen favour items steps back the watered down feel of the religion and priest system. Who you pick now matters and there is a distinction between all of them. Mentioning that one of the benefits is pvp related does not negate everything else. 

There's no balance in the sac items.. and working on that.. will really piss off a lot of people.
(well alts.. but still customer who usually go for 1 or several subscriptions just to get a priest spell list expanded.. sermon mechanic for favor is terrible.. and requires buying of several alts just for this.. a few times throughout priest's development/grind;
* why "requires".. because.. people have jobs.. and can't really sing kumbaya all day with other people/alts to get prayers/sermons at random times(like rifts btw) to progress in a game - figure it already..)

The time and work involved in sac item preparation for favor is far from comparable is all I'm saying.. explaining further is not really needed and I don't want to do it here to fuel the fire.

Any chance to hire merp as staff? Seems like a new individual/alt?/ who just SEE things clearly.. could be really useful when deciding on things and improving the game?

• Like 2

Damn, nice!

A question on the loyalty thingy: will this be starting from now or will previous premium time allow people to start off with points to spend when this goes live? As cool as that'd be, I think a nice clean, fair slate would be good for everyone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That’s right, you saw in the end of 2019 thread but third person is coming to Wurm! 

I trust that this will be an option ?

• Like 1

These changes are right in a vacuum or on a fresh server, but you guys are really content to damn the existing WO population. Are we that close to steam launch?

• Like 2

A solid set of changes, I look forward to it and what these changes will enable in the future! Though a little irky on that lootbox-looking Gift Pack.

My hope is that if chopped veg is reined in a little, the other favor sources (including general getprice sacs) are brought forward a bit. Not just to compensate, but to bring them in-line with the now-powerful regen

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

I really like the loyalty system!

On the priests: I think the player gods must go. It will hurt, will hurt me too. With them gone the current gods may need some tweaking spell-wise (Mag losing AoSP still hurts on PVE) and I'm not really happy with chopped veggies going at the first sight at least. The extra favour items are not balanced between gods, curent Fo and Vyn ones are quite a pain to make, they would definitely need something comparably easy to doorlocks. Onthe other hand, doorlocks require the terrible grind of locksmithing, could get some for the other gods which require similarly hard skills to create but fruiting afterwards. And no - don't even think about balancing it by removing locks from Mag please.

not true... clay+ key of different ql to scale difficulty.. and some coc/botd.. you can quite easily and cheap grind locksmithing to 99 if you wanted..

--edit

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

On the altars of the player gods: I guess they may just go blank and blessing them can reactivate them to another god. I would consider adding easy bashing when not blessed to make it easy to get rid of altars not needed anymore.

that will be a bit more pain.. to spend some time to get new proper altar based on your new deity conversion... and suck if it was rare/supreme altar you've worked or spent on..🙄

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnn said:

not true... clay+ key of different ql to scale difficulty.. and some coc/botd.. you can quite easily and cheap grind locksmithing to 99 if you wanted..

A creation only skill - still way, way slower to grind than the others where imping boosts skillgain.

6 minutes ago, Finnn said:

--edit

that will be a bit more pain.. to spend some time to get new proper altar based on your new deity conversion... and suck if it was rare/supreme altar you've worked or spent on..🙄

Not suggesting to poof them - but go unblessed so you can bless them to your new god. Also a few posts later I've suggested to not enable easy bashing on the off deed altars to prevent others to just kill them away for fun. Instead the unblessed ones could get much higher decay to get rid of unneeded ones in the close future.

• Like 1

Cavalier helmet? Plumed one? Thank Wurm, I'm done with it. 
You've forgotten to give scale sets and fantastic bones to random people. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

With Libila now a PvE god as well all spells are available and balance is much easier to work across four known sets. We also are able to bring back more flavour for the original deities and followers.

So since Libila is a PVE god, how come the PVE god cannot cast strongwall on a PVE server? Are you planning on changing it so Lib can cast strongwall on PVE?

• Like 2

Just a quick note here:

Lib was added to PvE as an "as is" god because people continually requested lib on PvE.  It was accepted that she would be pretty gimped in terms of mechanics during introduction because of how interwoven they are with PvP.

Now, personally, I'd have liked to see the introduction of some form of mycellium (ondeed/perimeter only, with a quick [<1--2 days] decay otherwise) so that Lib has some more fun options (and it gives her a solid PvE use, custom deed look).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Just a quick note here:

Lib was added to PvE as an "as is" god because people continually requested lib on PvE.

Not entirely, Lib has a few spells only available on PvP which don't have anything to do with mycellium and the like. Strongwall for example.

25 minutes ago, Jaz said:

A creation only skill - still way, way slower to grind than the others where imping boosts skillgain.

Not suggesting to poof them - but go unblessed so you can bless them to your new god. Also a few posts later I've suggested to not enable easy bashing on the off deed altars to prevent others to just kill them away for fun. Instead the unblessed ones could get much higher decay to get rid of unneeded ones in the close future.

I can NOT bless them.. priests can do almost anything in the game with the exception of improve and few deity specific actions.. non-priests can not do anything related to spells, or you have missed that?

I'm not a priest char.. for me to fix an unblessed altar will mean to call somebody and waste it's time to again make use of some well improved altar.. just to protect it.. from random not liked bless be popped on the altar before it gets the chance to be fixed..

10 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Just a quick note here:

Lib was added to PvE as an "as is" god because people continually requested lib on PvE.  It was accepted that she would be pretty gimped in terms of mechanics during introduction because of how interwoven they are with PvP.

Now, personally, I'd have liked to see the introduction of some form of mycellium (ondeed/perimeter only, with a quick [<1--2 days] decay otherwise) so that Lib has some more fun options (and it gives her a solid PvE use, custom deed look).

rather NOT.. lets make use of the cooking content.. add mycelium but only as decorative item, no feeding, healing etc with it.. unbalances stuff quite a lot.. it's not just Fo ability to get more from (SAME)food.. it's replacing content and needs.. with 1 tile..

leave it as is.. on pvp.. but make it decorative on pve.. whoever wants to use it for looks, let them.. anything above that on the main (pve-side of the) cluster seems off..

Edited by Finnn

What I want to know is what @Yldraniahas to say about the Golden Mirrors being live. 

You'll finally be able to sport that dress you always wanted without people giving you strange looks!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I can NOT bless them.. priests can do almost anything in the game with the exception of improve and few deity specific actions.. non-priests can not do anything related to spells, or you have missed that?

I'm not a priest char.. for me to fix an unblessed altar will mean to call somebody and waste it's time to again make use of some well improved altar.. just to protect it.. from random not liked bless be popped on the altar before it gets the chance to be fixed..

I see those concerns. But somehow that problem has to be addressed. Maybe you pen then altar(s) you want to prevent from being blessed or bashed against your will. And hopefully a transitional period will be long enough. Let us hope that the devs and the company do not create more damage than already done.

Edited by Ekcin

I'm vyn follower.. almost all altars I've had a finger on..are wooden or stone.. only a few JS works.. and these I 'care' for... are wooden(easier to imp for me..);

This will be a reset for any 'alien' gods and leave the existing core 4 faith's altars as they are.. I'm guessing... in that case.. only a few blank ones will be left around... a bit odd.. to see a WOODEN/STONE(and gold/silver) versions of nacho&co turn unblessed/unnamed.. but is there code to cover blessing of such unique items

Wooden or stone altars so far never needed a bless to turn.. can the game handle this or needs a bit tinkering to make it work?..

I dont know. I feel the whole changes in this field hasty and poorly thought through. But maybe my feeling only, and granted, I am pissed and feel cheated. Trusting in the continuity of Wurm I just premed my Nahjo priest in December for half a year, now it is stranded and forced to convert somewhere. My consequence is to be very careful when re-preming next time, even on my main character. The recent changes will probably trigger a further sharp fall in subscriptions, which in turn may trigger further panic reactions by the company. Until now I had been cautiously optimistic about the future of Wurm. Now, let's see.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Just add 2 more BL gods tbh so there will be 3 WL and 3BL:)

Or …. make Fo the only WL, Lib the only BL and Vyn, Mag neutral. 

On Affliction WL priests are KoS so we are left with one option?  One choice is not a choice at all

While your balancing priests...  All of Fo's healing spells are better than Lib yet the damage spells are equal, this is not balanced

If your intention is to balance the gods for PVP ,  3 vs 1 is not going to cut it

• Like 2

Please do not mess with saccing of Veggies. I have been screwed over before when sacing Wemp was taken away while I had 20k 99ql wemp in my bins.

Now I have 20k chopped veggies that is going to be nerfed or made totally "useless". It was a damn painful grind to get my farming high enough to supply my 2 priest with chopped veggies.

now I will need grind other separate skills to have sacables for my 2 priest. 

Back to Cordage ropes? This will probably also be nerfed as anything that is useful is either taken away or nerfed.

I thought we want to make the game better and more attractive for new players to stay. The priest changes is going in the wrong direction if that is the case.

This really sucks. as a player for over 5 years I am contemplating if I should go or stay. 

Also please don't just dump the changes on us on patch day. give us accurate info up front. well in advance so that we can at least try and manage the outfall.

Another thing, I was so happy to see that a faith change is included in the  loyalty system because I made a mistake with the last faith transfer to change my 1 priest to Mag and wanted to revert back to Nahjo.

Now that is also been slapped back into my face.

Last comment. Did you really think the priest changes would be applauded by must players? I think you knew exactly how this will go down in the player base. If you actually care about us that has sticked with the game

for years you would reconsider these upcoming changes..

TLDR;

I am not happy how the devs treats the loyal player base. Screwing us over as a reward for loyalty.

• Like 10

another question I just thought off. What will happen to normal followers? will we also get a free faith transfer ?

• Like 4