Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

Just now, Jaz said:

On the altars of the player gods: I guess they may just go blank and blessing them can reactivate them to another god. I would consider adding easy bashing when not blessed to make it easy to get rid of altars ont needed anymore.

yeah making non blessed altars easy to bash would be a brilliant solution.

2 minutes ago, Cenotaph said:

yeah making non blessed altars easy to bash would be a brilliant solution.

Thinking a bit more about it - make unblessed ones easily bashed on deed and add increased decay to them off deed to avoid any possible griefing arguments on the way.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

The problem with the gods is that only the three template gods have a real purpose on PvE. Libila is useless on Freedom. Removing the player gods, meaning all BL gods too, makes her even more useless.

Really? I'm getting great use out of my Libila priest on Freedom. BotD for tools works great. There's Web Armour and Aura of Shared Pain for armor and then for weapons there's BotD, RT and Bloodthirst. Also Dark Courier for mailboxes.

Sure, no Nimbleness and no CoC for real skiller tools, but how exactly does all of the above make Libilia useless on Freedom?

• Like 1

I never liked player gods it should just have been removed at last religion change. I hope all other epic changes on freedom will also be removed.Make something different to replace missions does not make sense to have it on freedom.

The chopping made all priest equally, not sure how you going to balance favor between the gods.

• Like 2

nice update, i dont mind removal of player gods it was kinda broken from the start, however will my vyn priest get a free faith transfer?

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Not really expecting that the consequences of the priest change have been thought through, right a question: Did you (I be you did not) consider what to do with the player god altars once the player gods are removed (or are they already)? Will there be a possibility to convert them too or will they litter the landscape as monuments of shame and wrong decisions?

We'll either set them to their template deities or allow them to be bashed/blessed. It's no big issue and easily addressed. 

Just now, Sin said:

nice update, i dont mind removal of player gods it was kinda broken from the start, however will my vyn priest get a free faith transfer?

Yep! 

• Cat 1

33 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

Really? I'm getting great use out of my Libila priest on Freedom. ..

Ok, I retract that then. Hope it won't be rebalanced further.

2 things

1) About the loyalty system; is that rewarded according to the amount of months - or less than a month - a player purchases premium or is it based upon the amount of money spend to purchase premium?

I'm asking coz there are a bunch of loyal players - I'm one of those fo.... them - who're purchasing an enscription for a year and thus paying 80 euro's (well in my case) instead of 12 times 10 euro's.

Therefore, if the loyalty system is based upon the amount of money spend, we'd get 80 euro's times 4.5K points, while if it's based upon the months purchased, it'll be a far more honest 12x4.5K loyalty points.

2) About the priest changes:

For the past FOUR!! years I've seen posts and entire booklets about how Nachooooo (*sniffs* sorry, I'm allergic to that name) was overpowered; something that was ALWAYS denied by those following that god. Yet with both the change of veggies being saccable items for all priests and the first big chance in priest abilities we had last year, it was that specific part of the community that was upset about the changes. Now with the 2nd change it's again that part of the community that's upset. It only proofs that Nachooooo *sniffs* was indeed overpowered; even now after the first big change.

I know I'm gonna step at some toes here, but do you now understand how those following the old gods felt when an overpowered deity was added?

And as for the comment that Libila is useless at PvE; Libila does have some good spells including BotD; which is basically WoA and CoC combined.

I doubt that deity and its priests are useless at all. They may not be as useful as a Nachoooooo *sniffs* priest, but neither are Vyn, Fo and Mag. Still, all three of them have their uses.

Thorin :) 

• Like 1

This gift Pack.   Are the chances of getting an item equal or do some item have a lower chance or higher chance of obtaining it. and if so what are the percentages. 

Bethesda called they want their think tank back you guys are stealing their bad idea's

You keep saying you want to make wurm better but every month or 2nd month you do something so utterly stupid to bleed more players away and you keep it up

Just stop with this nonsense already before you are left with a handful of players and you have to close servers due to costs being to high just stop ruining the game we love

• Like 3

So F the old player base(small as it may be) in the hope steam will be a big thing and what not..this is the first time i hear about these changes.Also there have been a million things that we could not have on freedom for years because of chaos.. now that its steam screw everything else. I wonder when you gonna learn that wurm is for a few special people to play..not for every day kid on steam who wants the hype and move on after a month.

I do really get the both points of view but i feel like its thrown on us and not worked with us..just because of steam.

• Like 6

Past months of premium will be awarded points at a reduced rate (dumping five years of loyalty points would completely devalue the system) and it will be given per month, not per dollar value spent. 

• Like 5

What is the point of buying premium for Muse if she can't be a Nahjo?

I never go near PvP - I only wanted 3 things in life: Courier, Genesis and Strongwall, is that too much to ask from a PvE toon?

I am most displeased. :( 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I think announcing it in the dev blog is the standard way of announcing changes. Not a side piece of a random topic. 

In a Valrei International like 2,5 weeks before it goes live?

Don't you think the slating of player gods decerves an own topic at least and maybe letting us know like at least a month beforehand?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jonydowy said:

I do really get the both points of view but i feel like its thrown on us and not worked with us..just because of steam.

This is the major point of critique. Generally, I cannot fundamentally criticize the decision to get rid of player gods, an institution which has been criticized by many players for a long time with serious arguments, no matter how much one may  have liked the own priest. But again, a decision is slammed into the face of the players and forced down their throat without any attempt to get opinions and ideas before. The triumphalism of some because their hated player god will be gone will rather work divisively in addition.

The removal of chopped vegs is another issue. It will badly hurt farming on Wurm without any replacement to see. So far priests consumed the lion share of all farming goods. I could feed from a one month harvest from my less than 60 fields and only bit more planters, and the meat from one day of hunting/fighting for a year at least, covering my affinity food demand too. So at least some farmers may leave in addition to the priests.

What is to be feared is that a further dwindling player base will trigger further half bred decisions and panic reactions.

• Like 7

The game to me actually feels like it has more depth with the player gods. Not to mention the hours spent on getting their faith up for use and the MONEY SPENT  on something that's no longer going to be a part of the game. let's be honest. This isn't putting back in tree collision that'd annoy people. This is changing how almost the entire community plays this game. If you want to limit the player gods, I'd see no problem with that. But outright removing them with this short notice so that people can't prepare, that's really just a kick in the gut for some of us who have defended other such removals.

• Like 9

While I understand the reasoning, I always deplore removing things from the game, it will always have a negative impact on the overall game, so it will be with the removal of the player gods, something will be removed, and we’ll all be slightly lesser for it. My Nahjo priest will become a Fo priest which gets rid of Strongwall, my primary purpose in having a priest character at all, so thank the remaining gods we’re getting a free transfer again, Magranon beckons I suppose.

I’m liking the look of the loyalty system, a bunch of shiny cosmetics and other stuff will be fun to play with, so new stuff as well helps soften the blow on priests to an extent, all I really need this year now is Kilts and Mammoths, and a basket hilted broadsword skin to complete the look, (I can always hope)...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Past months of premium will be awarded points at a reduced rate (dumping five years of loyalty points would completely devalue the system) and it will be given per month, not per dollar value spent. 

What about future months? For example I bought 12 months of premium in October for a character. So if this feature releases this month then that would still leave me with 8 of those 12 months, do I get points for those 8 months on top of the points for past months of premium?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

What about stuff we recently bought? e.g. I bought 1 year about a month ago. Would I get the reduced rate for the 12 months? or would I get 2 reduced months and 10 normal months?

Edited by LionIX
Ecrir is psychic :O
  • Like 1

At a minimum, every priest needs PvE Strongwall if player gods are removed.

• Like 11

I support a third-person view, otherwise it is even necessary, I will play with them! thanks for the great game and for listening to the players

Edited by Shrimpiie
Moderation Edit
  • Like 1

Philosophically, I always thought of player "gods" as the height of egocentricity. To elevate a player to that status within Wurm seems a very strange idea to me that only serves that individual's mindset and diminishes the status of the true central gods of the game. Now it seems that the Devs have finally come to the conclusion of at least realizing the part of this concerning the main gods debasement from these other pretenders. Good riddance to them I say and yet changes that will have a positive impact further down the road often evoke dissatisfaction and pain in their initial implementation. Such is Wurm life where only the strong survive to weather these storms.....

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Couple of us were talking, with the dumping of player gods. will the 2nd ability of example digging mining woodcutting ext ext be lost to the 4 remaining gods? so they can only do one main thing again???

Edited by gorgian
  • Like 1

bring back characteristic nerfs to priests too, and all the other good stuff that was removed

maybe even apply a retroactive -25% nerf to people who have been priested since the removal