Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 093

xFhpVvI.png

I don't know where this is, ask - Demonanightshade

New Year, well, same me! 

Greetings everyone! It's Retro back with the first VI of the year! We're hitting the ground running in 2020 with some big changes (and more on the way!) I hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas gift of the festive bedroll, I'd like to clarify that I did state it should be damage free, this is not the case. As it is an item with a use function it will take damage when you sleep on it as well as being prone to decay off deed or in a container (standard decoration mechanics). The craftable version will be going live along with the bugfix of making them improvable with the next minor update. 

This week though we'll be talking about what's going live in the big update at the end of the month, so strap in and check it all out. 

New Loyalty System

G8kieUB.png

WIP shot, prices hidden due to not being finalised. Items so spicy you won't be able to eat them!

We’ve talked about it a bit in various places on the forums and on our Twitch broadcasts, but it’s almost time! I’m really keen for this to come as it’s something I worked on personally, so I’m quite proud of it (unless it breaks, then I had nothing to do with it) 

For premium purchases (excepting the the first 2s purchase if purchasing via token) players will receive points that they can redeem at a token to purchase items. The points awarded for the different purchase options are as follows:

• 1000 point - 15 days premium
  • 1500 points - referrals
  • 3000 points - token
  • 4500 points - shop (per month purchased)

The items that can be purchased are as follows:

Random Moon Metal Lump

Self explanatory, a 99ql lump of a random moonmetal -- seryll, glimmersteel or adamantine

Random Ancient Jackal Moon Skin

A random skin from the Jackal points list.

Gift pack

Open the gift box to find a random reward from the following:

• Sleep powder
  • A star gem
  • Seryll lump
  • Adamantine lump
  • Glimmersteel lump
  • Imbue potion
  • Supreme bone
  • Transmutation rod
  • Staff of the land 
  • Pale mask
  • Plumed helm of the hunt
  • Cavalier helm
  • Challenge statue
  • Returners mask

Trader items

Items such as shaker orbs, Rods of Transmutation, Small and Large Magical chests are available as well

Care for token

This adds another care for slot to your character, it’s limited to one per character!

Golden Mirror

No clue what this does, no one knows about it.

vwMin.gif

Just kidding! This will allow you to change your gender AND get a makeover

Affinity

A random affinity is assigned to your character.

Wooden Name Plate

Hang this nameplate on a creature that is tamed or dominated to rename it! 

Magical Ink

Ever had a special item that meant a lot to you? You can now add your name and a special name to the item, turning that longsword into Retrograde’s Excalibur. All renamed items will include the person's name, so GM named items will still be different.

Sleep bonus

This increases your sleep bonus cap by one hour, meaning 6 hours if you have not completed The Winding Path in your journal and 7 hours if you have! Note this does not increase the maximum cap of 10 hours from server based compensation.

Faith Swap and Meditation path change

These are pretty straight forward, allowing one time faith or meditation path swap per redemption.

Magical Tome

Random tome charge, who wants a red cherry?

There’s a lot of variety there and there’s a lot to work towards, some of these prizes are intended to take 6-12 months in order to earn enough points to redeem, and we’ll be able to add and swap out things as we go, meaning limited edition things or even discounts! 

Priests

After a long time of balancing the pros and cons following the priest update over a year ago, the decision has been made to remove the ability to follow player gods entirely. 

With Libila now a PvE god as well all spells are available and balance is much easier to work across four known sets. We also are able to bring back more flavour for the original deities and followers.

This means that existing priests of player gods will be converted to their template deity with the option of a free faith swap to any template deity.

Alongside this we’ll be boosting template specific favour options and adjusting favour from chopped vegetables. Although popular we would like to bring more options and variety to the choice of favour, encouraging the use of more template specific favour options vs thousands of chopped vegetables. 

We’ll have the exact numbers in the patch notes for the launch.

Third person Wurm

That’s right, you saw in the end of 2019 thread but third person is coming to Wurm! 

LwI5RDv.gif

It’s a completely different feeling playing in third person and I think everyone should check it out. It’s already on the test server if you’d like to try and let us know what you think and if you’ll be playing with it when it goes live! 

Jackal

The stronghold has fallen, and Jackal has been cleansed for this round. I’d like to congratulate everyone who took part in the final battles, and a solid well done to everyone who spent their time playing on Jackal. We’ll be winding the server down and returning players back to their Freedom servers, so if you have deeds there still remember to disband them to avoid any issues with lost silver!

This is all coming at the end of January, along with a bunch of tweaks, bugfixes and adjustments, so make sure to catch us live on Twitch at Sunday, 9pm UTC to chat about what’s coming, see it all on test and ask questions! 

Until then though, keep on Wurming! 

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 19

Hmmm....can Libila get strongwall with the loss of the nice utility Nahjo?

I’d better start burning my chopped veggies for the 100k favor goal :S 

I kind of like chopping herbs for favor as a Fo priest, since it feels rather in-character. So I hope that remains, or that the food affinity bonus is tweaked to be more viable.

I mean, come on, if I could reasonably refill my favor by doing a pagan sacrifice of a lasagna or a cornish pasty, I'm all for it. Should probably scale with food complexity and nutritional value.

• Like 6

Turned my 100 faith priest to Lib at the priest patch, only to discover after the fact that strongwall was not an option. Recently de-priested to get on the Nahjo channeling train, plus, you know, strongwall in addition to some nice spells... Now.. *facepalm*

• Like 2

Will there be any  changes to which spells are with the remaining Deities? 

• Like 1

My god so now my Nanjo will have to choose strongwall or Genesis, and my Paawelr that I changed from Vyn to Paawelr will have to convert back again.

I officially hate you guys now.

Sorry but this means fewer premed toons.

You are kiling the game faster than you can release a VI.

Are you removeing the spells already cast also?

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

fca95001ef5ed7b75f1d0b3baf0aaf4d.svg player gods are gone fca95001ef5ed7b75f1d0b3baf0aaf4d.svg

I hope devs know what they are doing, and to drop this info like a side comment in some random topic, that is to slap us the payers in the face.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 7

Why remove priests of player gods? Does any of your player base actually want this change? They gave choice and provided variety. If your only reason is because it is easier to balance 4 priests, then I'd rather have unbalanced options instead of fewer.

• Like 2

I think announcing it in the dev blog is the standard way of announcing changes. Not a side piece of a random topic. 

• Like 3

Please reconsider the priest change. It is only going to lead to angry players who no longer want to play your game.

• Like 12

We're aware it's going to be a painful change for some, but it's something we've danced around for a long time and have decided that it needs to happen. Juggling so many different variations just becomes too much to balance and watered down the importance of the main gods. We want to shift back to the four gods with reliance on their prospective favoured sacrificing items rather than a huge range of player gods and chopped vegetables. 

I totally get it's a blow for some, but in the long run is better for Wurm as a whole. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Wooden Name Plate

Hang this nameplate on a creature that is tamed or dominated to rename it! 

This is very interesting.  Surely this will do more than the "renaming" currently possible with branding.

Is this a consumable item, or is it worn like normal animal equipment?  If this is a permanent name change then I suppose that would reduce the significance of single-named horses.

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I totally get it's a blow for some, but in the long run is better for Wurm as a whole. 

With a constant shrinking player base, there might not be  a "long run" for Wurm after all...

10 minutes ago, Merp said:

Why remove priests of player gods? Does any of your player base actually want this change?

Make a poll that people playing priest to have a saying on that. At least gauge what players expect from this change.

• Like 9

You are not really giving reasons why it is better for Wurm in the long run. Also, it seems to be a major change with no discussion with the player base. I'm fine with the main gods being less important, there is little forced lore and roleplay in this sandbox game, why do it now?

• Like 4

Could you just rewamp the religion for real this time, remove priest restrictions, remove all gods and give everyone every spell divided into subcategories we would have to grind each in order to cast and be done with it already?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Merp said:

You are not really giving reasons why it is better for Wurm in the long run. Also, it seems to be a major change with no discussion with the player base. I'm fine with the main gods being less important, there is little forced lore and roleplay in this sandbox game, why do it now?

Because steam will use the same pantheon, meaning a lot of balance issues, nothing silly. 

Edited by Retrograde
Removed silliness.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Because steam will use the same pantheon and having to explain why we have four named gods and a bunch named after players felt a little silly. 

Really? You are removing an important aspect of the game because you might feel a little silly in the future?

• Like 5

Just add 2 more BL gods tbh so there will be 3 WL and 3BL:)

Name proposals for the 2 new BL gods: OblivionnBeaver and BlacaSmash :)

• Like 1

By silly I mean difficult to understand for players and does not match the lore around the gods we wish to return to. Balance wise there was a ton of issues and if we want to focus on a balanced pvp server then removing so many factors through there helps. 

Sorry if the word silly felt condescending 

• Like 9

Also, JUST noticed the photo for VI ❤️ thanks for using my screenshot! That was Nightshade Hollow, M15 on Release, the small lake south of Poolsclosed. Sadly I moved to Indy 2 months ish ago and those buildings no longer exist.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

By silly I mean difficult to understand for players and does not match the lore around the gods we wish to return to. Balance wise there was a ton of issues and if we want to focus on a balanced pvp server then removing so many factors through there helps. 

Sorry if the word silly felt condescending 

So PVE is being forced to change for PVP reasons? This normally does not go well for your game and player base.

• Like 7

Just now, Merp said:

So PVE is being forced to change for PVP reasons? This normally does not go well for your game and player base.

We know it's a tough one but we believe this is the right move for the game in general, bringing it back to the original four God choices along with encouraging their chosen favour items steps back the watered down feel of the religion and priest system. Who you pick now matters and there is a distinction between all of them. Mentioning that one of the benefits is pvp related does not negate everything else. 

• Like 3

Just now, Retrograde said:

We know it's a tough one but we believe this is the right move for the game in general, bringing it back to the original four God choices along with encouraging their chosen favour items steps back the watered down feel of the religion and priest system. Who you pick now matters and there is a distinction between all of them. Mentioning that one of the benefits is pvp related does not negate everything else. 

The problem I'm having is that the watered down feel only seems to matter to you and the developers.  I don't care, and I don't think many of the players do.  I still far prefer options.

The other reason is a balance reason for pvp, which is not a pve problem

• Like 5