Sign in to follow this  
Zachariah

Wanted Pages

Hi all Editors and Assistants. 

I recently came back from a long hiatus but while I was playing the game I used to be a large editor of the wiki. 

I have been seeing a lull in projects with the Wurmpedia. 

So with all that being said, I wanted to maybe get started on one myself. Any assistants or editors are more than welcome to help out as this is going to be a large undertaking. 

The Main Goal

As we all know there are a lot of Wanted Pages on the Wurmpedia. Which are pages that are linked on other articles that do not have a page to link to. Most of these pages are Settlements or Player links. And some of them are actual pages that need to be added. 

This proves to be a little difficult to see what holes we have in the wiki and makes it hard to see what missing information there is. 

So, my plan and idea is to go through and fix the broken links to the pages that don't need to be created. We don't want to be creating random settlement pages but we also don't want to just fully delete some of the bits of history in the random pages across the wiki. What we can do is go to the pages that the original link is on and make it so all the Settlement and Player page links are just regular text and don't link places (or if it is a relevant settlement and you are aware of some information about it you are welcome to create that page so it's not a broken link.) 

Once all the random links are taken care of we can get an actual idea of all of the missing information on the wiki. We will than be able to create pages for those items. For example "fine fishing rod" is on that list. It's an actual item in the game but has no page on the wiki. 

Over the course of the next couple of days I will be going through and clearing out some of the unnecessary broken links and we will than be able to see the actual pages that need to be added. 

Please, if anyone has anything they can or want to add to this or any comments please add them below. Let's work together and make it so that we will forever be able to get a better idea on what holes we have on our Wurmpedia. 

For your convenience here is a link to the wanted pages on the wiki that we will be working off of. https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Special:WantedPages

Welcome back Zachariah!

There have been a lot of changes while you were away.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:42 PM, Zachariah said:

I have been seeing a lull in projects with the Wurmpedia. 

Projects are done by and led by Wurmpedia Assistants. We have been working on an internal system to organize these projects, and the forums are not used as a means to move projects along unless assistants request help from editors (which is usually done within our Discord server)

but we also don't want to just fully delete some of the bits of history in the random pages across the wiki

We don't keep history on the main namespace, as may have been the case many years ago. Articles contain current information only.

For example "fine fishing rod" is on that list. It's an actual item in the game but has no page on the wiki. 

The Fine fishing rod was removed from the game some time ago. Items removed from the game are moved to the Historical namespace, seen here: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Historical:Fine_fishing_rod

You can consult the Wurmpedia editor's handbook here for more information on namespaces and how to edit the wiki

Please also familiarize yourself with the Wurmpedia guidelines before editing. You can find them here.

If you have any more concerns, feel free to consult a Wurmpedia Assistant, myself, or Wolfey for assistance!

Hi! Welcome back!

As Retro said, most collaboration is done via the discord link above, but I see you're already in there.

Have fun editing!

• Like 1