Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Improving hunting through rewards and Taxidermy

Love the ideals so what taking the game so long to do these ?

A good suggestion but not new.

There are a bunch more over the years. They've been suggested for over a decade now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elentari said:

A good suggestion but not new.

@elentari

They have. This thread alone is a year old, but if you read it suggests more than simply taxidermy.  :)

The suggestion of broadly "taxidermy" has been suggested, and one of the threads you linked was even posted by my husband. This one, however, includes a suggested system with detailed implementation as opposed to "dead crap on deed not decaying would be cool".

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 1

Hehe, I know, and I liked the suggestion. I was merely mentioning that, despite how good some of these suggestions are, it's sad that there's no clear response if any of them are even considered "in the works". I'd be happy with a reply like "we could add taxidermy in 2022 in the spring". But the lack of any traction is what bugs me :D

• Like 3

I love the idea! 

Would be cool to add some wall trophies to the inn

Trophies can be the result of better anima specimens. Like venerable creatures or something. It shouldn't be from like every random critter :)

• Like 1

Was thinking the other day how cool it would be if we could have full animal skeletons, similar to how archeology works. Get enough skeleton parts and you can make a full horse skeleton, mount it on a stand.

Perhaps even make a museum, with cool dragon skeletons, kyklops, trolls, etc. 

• Like 3

Goodness has it been another year already? This seems like it would be a fun part of that exploration update that's supposed to be coming soon (TM).

• Like 1

Taxidermy is one of the absolute best long-running requests in the game.
Could 2022 be the year of the Great Stuffing? We can only hope! 

• Like 2

This deserves another bump, and uh, @devs, are you paying attention? wish you would

Giving this another gentle nudge. Got rugs dyed, let's see if we can get critters stuffed.

imo drop all kind of existing item loot, get new unique loot, can be just as garbage common and useless, but new items with or without purpose, better yet, inconvenient or odd to use.. brass ql20 door lock instead of iron for example, not possible to smelt; banners.. make it a thorn banner or stiched, could be cooler looking than normal one, just in some way different.. also instead of whole items.. make it recipe + fragments of these items or fragments of a recipe, let people grind, keep them occupied longer;

considering we also have some humanoids which seem to display some sort of culture and crafting skills, I would also welcome getting things tied to specific creatures.
Like have goblins carry occasionally piece of cloth, crude tools and unidentified papers (scribbled notes)
have trolls carry pieces from animals they hunted (bone necklaces?) or a leg they just munched on. Also tools and similar to goblins.
It should make sense in my opinion, but would love to see more immersive friendly content in that direction ^^

Oh, yes! Please let's have taxidermy. We need this so much.

You can already collect imprints through the use of paper on corpses, not exactly the same but if you want to record stuff there is a system in the game to do just that :)

If we are looking for ways to create more interest and activity, here's a good one.  More options for crafting? More reasons to hunt? Sign me up!