Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Deed/perimeter event message for cave walls

When mining, it's convenient to know if I'm about to mine a tile that is or isn't on-deed. However, barring certain tricks (firepillar, painstaking tile counting) you don't know if a cave wall is a deed/perimeter tile until you've already mined it out. This can be costly or at least irritating when trying not to open up your deed's mine to non-deeded territory.

I have a simple suggestion: When examining any sort of cave wall tile, add deed/perimeter information to the examine message, like you would get when examining the cave floor.

If this would have some kind of unfortunate PvP implication, it could be limited so it only displays when you're already on the deed or its perimeter, so people can't use this to determine an angle of attack when mining into a deed, if that's a thing people do in PvP.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, Lisimba said:

This would be useful.

+1 Agreed.

Sounds like good sense, helps you determine if you are going up against another's boundaries, and saves a lot of effort.

This would be an excellent way to better manage our mines on deed.  Yes please! 

+1, better than having to count then double check by mining an extra tile just to strongwall it back .

• Like 1