Sign in to follow this  
Polosc61

Kingdom Sails?

Not the normal way (aux data). But you can do it with materials (limits the number of sails possible).

Im sure that made sense to someone with far more computer knowledge than i, could you perhaps explain that a tad more?

With serverpacks you can add a new .jar file (can be opened with like winrar). It contains the .dae file (or .wom) and your texture (png file or dds file).

It should also contain a mappings.txt

In the mappings-file you add the line:

model.structure.boat.caravel.crystal = Caravel.dae

Add the jar-file to serverpacks.

In game make GM create a caravel made of crystal (or whatever material you wanted).

Done.

pirate_ship.jpg

Edited by Jukken

Would someone consider making a mod with kingdom sails, rather than explaining how it would be done by someone who knew coding? ...and that awesome pirate ship too, if possible!  

Edited by Batta

2 hours ago, Jukken said:

With serverpacks you can add a new .jar file (can be opened with like winrar). It contains the .dae file (or .wom) and your texture (png file or dds file).

It should also contain a mappings.txt

In the mappings-file you add the line:

model.structure.boat.caravel.crystal = Caravel.dae

Add the jar-file to serverpacks.

In game make GM create a caravel made of crystal (or whatever material you wanted).

Done.

On some servers, I've seen that they have maybe a dozen or more kingdom and other custom sails. However, this is beyond my knowledge and ability, as I didn't even understand your instructions.  

There may be mods that allow you to just change the AUX data to get more looks. I only use serverpacks though. Then your are limited to the amount of different materials.