Sign in to follow this  
neopherus

[Duplicate] Sacrificing and Channeling working simultaneously

I was on my priest working on some casts for my merchant and noticed that if you queue up sacrificing for the next cast, while already casting on an item, the sacrifice takes priority.

According to Explora, this is intended after an update back in 2018.

What I noticed that probably isn't though, is that after I cancelled the sacrifice,

it seemed the casting action had carried on in the background and I got the result of it at the same time I hit 'esc' to stop the sacrifice.

Intended or not, it seems weird *shrugs*

After digging through dusty old patch notes and my also dusty memories my recollection was this change happened with the update on 8 March 2018, or soon afterwards.

Changed sacrifice creature missions so the action is only 12s long instead of 30s. Changed the chance of interruption during the action to be a lot less.

Players were having problems being attacked by aggressive animals while they were attempting to sacrifice them so the sacrifice action was increased in priority thus was able to interrupt other actions such as casting or fighting.

That was the intention but why if you do a sacrifice the cast action continues in the background I have no idea if intended or not.