Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Auld Land Syne?

Well, I made a slight typo, 130 times...

Last year we started the Auld Lang Syne tradition around new years, and this year has it too! 

Special rare chests containing unique named items (unique as in there's only 130 of each). across the servers, mostly along highways! 

S21reWQ.png

As usual Xanadu has them closeish to start deeds. 

If you do find one, be a good chap and leave the others for others to find! 

And as always, Happy New Year!

• Like 5

found 1, couldn't pick it up -.-
you-win-some-you-lose-some
wait this one explains my reaction better..

Spoiler

dissapointed.jpg

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

Roamed on highways for 3h and ... nothing !

• Like 2

No luck-----yet!

A nice incentive to get people roaming from their deeds and I did find a bison for the farm so my time was not wasted.

Good luck everyone.

I went to Linton first then to Glasshollow and now I'm in Vrocks Landing and... Bingo!

I like this idea, but dont like how close you place them on Xan to starter deeds. all i see these past days are alts running around looking. 

I would place the the same distance radius away from starter town as any other server. 

same thing every year.. some smartass makes alts and runs around with them than mails the stuff to his main.. fun stuff

• Like 3

Aye, traveled over 50km to the most north part and the most west part of inde, no chest found.

I was really hoping that most of the chests would be a bit further from starter deeds this year.

Luckily a good friend of mine send me an extra one he found.

Edited by Lycanthropic

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Special rare chests containing unique named items (unique as in there's only 130 of each). across the servers, mostly along highways! 

Retrograde, can you please next time you run an event be specific it is for freedomers only, would save some time for the remaining epic players running around with silly hopes to find stuff thats not there, as now your saying "servers" implement as it includes all of them.  Just saying, as silly mistakes like that do not credit you good reputation as Community Relations Coordinator.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 3

I didn't do epic as the items would have been a little op, I will work out a replacement and do some on the three home servers today! 

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I didn't do epic as the items would have been a little op, I will work out a replacement and do some on the three home servers today! 

Its cool, part of the posts were deleted/edited by Pandalet so i guess you didnt see any. I was just saying that if would be nice if you could specify freedom only, epic only, all servers. Said that me and a friend wasted couple hours each looking for stuff that does not exist. 

• Like 1

Found one and helped another newbie find one for himself too!

I've spent 4 hours roaming Indy and seems someone is hoarding them all, because I can't find one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

I've spent 4 hours roaming Indy and seems someone is hoarding them all, because I can't find one.

spent 2 hours searching southern indy, starting after this post had been up for 30 minutes and didn't find anything : (

So on epic we will get things not worth even looking for. Like the rare treasure chests with cotton and leather in them.

1 hour ago, ChampagneDragon said:

They're not being hoarded, they're just few and far between. Usually along highways. 

2 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Its cool, part of the posts were deleted/edited by Pandalet so i guess you didnt see any. I was just saying that if would be nice if you could specify freedom only, epic only, all servers. Said that me and a friend wasted couple hours each looking for stuff that does not exist. 

I see removed posts, rest assured all devs do. 

I apologise for the wording for sure. And will make it up by having some epic chests

Chests have been placed on Affliction, Serenity and Desertion! 

The contents are the same, just not 99ql

• Like 1

I don't get why I found a chest .. and it was placed by mistake at the border(by mistake or lag when dropping it), but inside a deeded land.. and when I reported it I still got nothing, but few hours later it was gm moved to another place...

wogic decisions, always "fun to players"

I did reset it but you gave up

[16:49:44] <Retrograde> I placed it on the other side of the road

[16:51:58] <Retrograde> I did place it down the hill, cant see why someone would do that
[16:52:01] <Retrograde> I'll reset it
[16:52:24] <Retrograde> maybe I was lagging, has me last touching it
[16:52:30] <Finn> doesnt matter.. I quit on this.. took enough time

• Like 7

I don't know retro if you think you did well with the placement ondeed and solving that situation you caused, sure it's "all good", lets just imagine it was handled well and look forward to next "well done" event.. hopefully no quotes than.

I'm not begging for anything, just was questioning the thought process and handling of it.
If you had spend same amount of time looking around and finding only that misplacement.. reporting and getting nothing you'd be pissed off too.

--edit

oh by the way.. you instantly logged off after that line.. well done

Edited by Finnn

imagine telling someone not to bother and then crying when they dont bother and then getting upset when they log off after they're finished on their gm account

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

imagine telling someone not to bother and then crying when they dont bother and then getting upset when they log off after they're finished on their gm account

dunno obi, I just imagined.. feedback was welcome and wanted.. usually it's how people or organizations learn and improve..
Sorry my bad.. just thought the event was supposed to be fun and involve some fun in it.. since I've never done it.. and it's 2nd or 3rd year(?) it's happening.. unless I'm missing something.. 
Never done this even thought I'd spend good bit of time and find one.. after good bit of time.. (read.. probably hour/s) .. found one and it was messed up.. reported it and all I got was this lousy comment of yours..

Cool reward, don't you think, yea.. maybe I'll learn not provide feedbacks.. if that's how things are preferred to be around here. Seems to work well with retention.

50 minutes ago, Finnn said:

dunno obi, I just imagined.. feedback was welcome and wanted.. usually it's how people or organizations learn and improve..
Sorry my bad.. just thought the event was supposed to be fun and involve some fun in it.. since I've never done it.. and it's 2nd or 3rd year(?) it's happening.. unless I'm missing something.. 
Never done this even thought I'd spend good bit of time and find one.. after good bit of time.. (read.. probably hour/s) .. found one and it was messed up.. reported it and all I got was this lousy comment of yours..

Cool reward, don't you think, yea.. maybe I'll learn not provide feedbacks.. if that's how things are preferred to be around here. Seems to work well with retention.

Do you honestly think that you’re communicating well or appropriately right now?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

Molehill --> Mountain