Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

rift moonmetal rewards

id like to suggest that rifts would reward same quantities of moonmetals all the time that would get divided by the number of participants and their contribution equally. the way it is now, if 8 ppl close the rift, at phenomenal level, they all get around 0.35kg of lump. Same goes if the rift gets closed by 2 players. each gets 0.35kg lump. Now i personally think this is not fair, as its takes nearly 4 times more time for 2 players to close the rift compared to 8 players for the same reward. gather-able materials are all fine, as there is pre-set quantity of nodes, so it get shared whomever participated. Why not making the same with lumps? similar as dragon scale/hide sharing. im not talking about local drop, im talking about the rift giving a fixed "weight" of lumps ie 3kg, that gets shared 1.5kg each if only 2 players participated or 0.37kg each if there were 8 players.. 

• Like 1

Because then rifts would be privatized, like dragons are now. 

Edited by Retrograde
Removed unnecessary comment
  • Like 1

The very structure and nature of rifts is to make privitisation impossible. 

Rift points are more the answer, with smaller contributors rift point share is higher. 

13 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Because then rifts would be privatized, like dragons are now. 

how tf you privatize a rift that has a giant beam showing where it is and spews mobs all over a local range, you trippin

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

how tf you privatize a rift that has a giant beam showing where it is and spews mobs all over a local range, you trippin

you have to stretch your logic far enough to think that people will fence off entire rift areas and not have gm intervention happen

what rift privatisation are you even talking about? it spawns fixed location, known to all,  cant be moved, mobs all around the places. other than that rifts are always first come - first serve basis. it spawns, 15 mins later ppl are already killing it, 1 hour later its closed. The poor guy wanting to privatise it wont even make a third of walls done needed to fence it (its 50x50 area or so you cant dig/build). So all your "privatisation" points are pointless. 

17 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you trippin

To prove my point, here's the screen:

rifts.jpg

As you can see most rifts are closed within 2 hours, and the ones that stay open for days, no one cares for them, so anyone can come over and solo them whenever they feel it. 

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The very structure and nature of rifts is to make privitisation impossible. 

Funny, I could have said the same thing about uniques, with regard to the built in anti-penning mechanics  (destroying walls/fences, mining walls that are reinforced) and secret trickery to get uniques to walk in a cave to begin with.

3 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Funny, I could have said the same thing about uniques, with regard to the built in anti-penning mechanics  (destroying walls/fences, mining walls that are reinforced) and secret trickery to get uniques to walk in a cave to begin with.

What, no, you're literally stretching logic to try and make a point that is not there to be made.

The way to pen uniques is well known at this point, but it works on the basis of secrecy. If you penned a unique, there is no way of me knowing unless I find the deed or I'm invited and told the location. And now of course, the rules to prevent me crashing the party for a share of scale/blood/hide that wouldn't belong to me.

Rift is a public event and any attempts at "privatising" it would no doubt cause GM intervention. They are a protected event, where the time of opening is known, the location is known and there is no significant benefit to privatising even if random moonmetal was dished out during the rift. Why not? Moonmetal is already widely abundant in the economy, there is no significant profit to be made from moonmetals anymore, not compared to say, hide or scale.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but trying to demonise private slayings in any thread you can insert it into isn't an argument, nor is it even a basis for one. You can have your opinion on the morality of it for sure, I'm not gonna stop you, but stop inserting it into any possible thread you can, and trying to warp logic or rules around it to make it seem you have even a basic point.

tl;dr

22 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you trippin