Sign in to follow this  
nitram20

Things/features that you miss that were removed from the game?

For me it would be animal conditions on dogs, deer and other animals. 
Anyone remembers champion dogs? 
fBbGcKM.jpg

• Like 2

Edited by Majqo
mistake

Leading a rooster while hunting collecting hens and chicks for lols

• Like 7

I miss a lot of people who have removed themselves from the game.....

• Like 2

They no longer spawn in the wild do they? I havent seen any in years

33 minutes ago, nitram20 said:

They no longer spawn in the wild do they? I havent seen any in years

That is true , but I think there are still players breeding them.

• Like 1

QueenRocks beat me to it. Giftwrapping.

Also, I have always missed the ability to long distance swim once drowning was implemented. I know that nothing was "removed" from the game in that instance, but it's still something i've missed.

JKh (pre Inde) was a pretty cool map too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

That is true , but I think there are still players breeding them.

Which doesnt apply to WU where i play

I miss the very scary huge champ crocs.

And the colorful blue (slow) large spiders. The ones we have now are also cool but a bit toned down.

• Like 1

I'm doing a semi backwards one.

The original fight system. Meditation paths not being in the game. MR template not being in the game. Only 2 kingdoms instead of PMKs or Black Light. Tomes and stupid pvp spells not being in the game. Dragons respawning after a few short months of killing them instead of just having 1 actual set of uniques, making them actually unique. Aaaaaaaaaand ingame voice chat. 

Edited by Retrograde
Moderation edit: Behave!

Regional spawning mechanics that is something i miss

For those who might wonder(I am sure some will)
On the original jkh map we had trolls and goblins spawn mostly in 1 of 2 area's goblins on the east island(within it a goblin leader) and a valley where trolls spawned in mass with a troll king in it next to that the south west mountains had the odd troll spawn but anywhere else on the map? nope no goblins no trolls

Another thing i miss(not really a feature that got taken out but due to how forests grow they are gone) is grasslands big giant area's of grassland surrounded by forest and mountains on all sides sadly enough we only ever see these on new maps and are often overrun as we dont have a grassland biome/area modifier(deter tree growing in said biome) as it where :( and chopping down trees every single day to try and keep up with 1 is a pain and yes i know sanding a 8 tile wide area to prevent trees from flinging their saplings around does help too but it looks ugly

Oh oh almost forgot mine fishing and the old fishing before i reported the bug that allowed us to catch 600-900kg big carp(back on jkh), Incase you dont know it was as followed
1. Make a mine near water and have water on the tiles from that mine
2. Make a mine as high up as you can go and connect it(make a drop shaft down) to the lower mine
3. Enter the bottom mine then leave walk up to the top mine and enter there walk to the tile that drops down into water and fish
The code was basically that the higher you are the bigger the fish would be so at 600-900 high(if not higher) you would get insanely big fish so the "fix" to this bug wasnt to cap the height no it was to introduce a 3x3 area that it takes your average off and uses that but this was able to be worked around by lowering down all but the nw corner of a tile on all tiles in the 3x3(except the road tile you had in you left 2 of the corners so that you could climb over to the edge) and thus when the code checked your height vs average height it would give you around 500-800 high(you miss out due to the 2 flat corners) and thus still gave giant fish but this was way more work so no one really did it

And this kept working for a very long time until 1 day it just stopped working out of the blue after a maintenance update but i do miss the giant fish the biggest battlepants ever caught i think was 1320kg and he decided to filet that thing  and you can imagine what that did to your hfc way back ;)

• Like 1

I miss throwing superheated cauldrons of water on other players to make them explode.

• Like 3

Hell horses unhitching when they reach certain age and more stages of aging. I could go a couple weeks away and come back and go hunt, move some stuff around knowing they would still be hitched now have to wait a couple weeks until new ones a re bred etc. 

Terrible change. 

• Like 4

On 1/2/2020 at 4:42 PM, LordLouis said:

Hell horses unhitching when they reach certain age and more stages of aging. I could go a couple weeks away and come back and go hunt, move some stuff around knowing they would still be hitched now have to wait a couple weeks until new ones a re bred etc. 

Terrible change. 

So much this. By far one of the worst changes this game has ever had, and it's done nothing beyond creating more goddamn busywork. Hugely unfun.

• Like 1

I miss tower guards actively killing all hostiles within their area, especially off deed. That used to make areas a lot safer for new players, or for alts without fs. You could stick to a guard tower area early on and be quite safe since any hostiles would be intercepted automatically. Right now you need to call guards for help, hope they respond and run for your life until they do. With some bad luck a trip to the toilet will kill you that early on...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ecrir said:

I miss tower guards actively killing all hostiles within their area, especially off deed. That used to make areas a lot safer for new players, or for alts without fs. You could stick to a guard tower area early on and be quite safe since any hostiles would be intercepted automatically. Right now you need to call guards for help, hope they respond and run for your life until they do. With some bad luck a trip to the toilet will kill you that early on...

There was so much drama because of that, so I guess the change was not perfect but really needed at that time. 

Still it never was adjusted over the years, so that system is somewhat broken.

Edited by Sklo:D

5 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

There was so much drama because of that, so I guess the change was not perfect but really needed at that time. 

Still it never was adjusted over the years, so that system is somewhat broken.

If I remember correctly the main issues were with guards killing penned hostiles and stuff like that. You could even build a tower next to a deed to get those killed on purpose, right?

These days it could probably work if they ignored cared for creatures and any creatures on deed (could probably make it a deed setting, like there is for deed guards for the exact same reason).