Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

2019 and the future!

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Don't worry, PvP experience is there. 

Band-wagoning doesn't count as PvP experience.  I'll also add that the somewhat recent PvP tenure of these two was when PvP saw the most [uneccessary] changes, and saw a larger decline in players (PvP) as a result. 

@RetrogradeAny chance we might have any golden mirror related news coming in the near future? Especially with that 3rd person mode that you teased in the post, it'd really be a nice addition, and it's been on the way for so long now. Perhaps if the web store is on hold or taking more time, there could be another way to get hold of it? 

There are two ways to look at the state of Wurm in 2020:

• WU is for all intents and purposes, abandoned to the Wurm modding community.
  • Epic is for all intents and purposes, abandoned because the changes there have been redirected towards WOS (steam version).
  • Chaos is for all intents and purposes, abandoned because nobody plays there anymore.
  • Freedom is drying up because it is too expensive and there is too much legacy baggage in the code to be fun.
  • WOS is the next attempt at revenue to keep the lights on.

Or

• WU is for Wurmians who love modding and free-to-play.
  • Epic is for those who love kingdom PVP.
  • Chaos is just never going to die because it is the oldest map in existence.
  • Freedom is for Wurmians who love the memories and cant stand the thought of parting with the investments of time and money spent over the last decade.
  • WOS is the next attempt at revenue to keep the lights on.

I am still not sure which of these two ways my mind leans towards the most, but I truly hope 2020 will be the year that Wurm sees the most success ever, because 10 years in, I still love this game!

Eyesgood the Torn

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Substr said:

@RetrogradeAny chance we might have any golden mirror related news coming in the near future? Especially with that 3rd person mode that you teased in the post, it'd really be a nice addition, and it's been on the way for so long now. Perhaps if the web store is on hold or taking more time, there could be another way to get hold of it? 

Coming with the new premium system.

15 hours ago, Madnath said:

Coming with the new premium system.

What's the new premium system? You mean the rewards? Was that said officially somewhere? 

40 minutes ago, Substr said:

What's the new premium system? You mean the rewards? Was that said officially somewhere? 

SJwuJs6.jpg

its on test and was talked about in a couple of streams with devs

you get points to get stuff from that list by buying premium

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

Is the plan for there to be a separate Steam subscription? Or if I am premium in WO will I have access to Steam with my existing sub?

Also, are there any plans for Temporal Anti Aliasing? Improvements in anti-aliasing would definitely make the graphics more appealing in my opinion.

A big PvP focused update was on the relaunch of Elevation as a server with a fair few PvP specific changes. The new map by Ausimus and all the work by Darklords provided an exciting burst of freshness within PvP, and gave plenty of feedback about what we'd like to see in any future launches of PvP servers. 

It lasted a month, people hated it, and then it was decided that again Epic was put on hold for other things. Not sure if this is really a highlight.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

SJwuJs6.jpg

its on test and was talked about in a couple of streams with devs

you get points to get stuff from that list by buying premium

would be nice if we got credit for all the premiums we've already paid... 

*looks at 300+ yellow potions in chest*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

would be nice if we got credit for all the premiums we've already paid... 

*looks at 300+ yellow potions in chest*

Already confirmed to be a thing, with a cutoff date past a certain point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Would be nice if that stuff was in the news ;)

For sure, think they just didn't say much about it off stream yet so they can dump all the information in one go, so it'll be accurate on release.

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

Would be nice if that stuff was in the news ;)

The official streams are part of our news releases, for sneak peaks and discussions prior to them going in the valrei international. 

If you miss the streams you can catch the vods too

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 2:32 PM, Seraph said:

Cape?

Is a reward from doing 100 rifts in the last journal entry

Edited by Retrograde
Corrected info
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The official streams are part of our news releases, for sneak peaks and discussions prior to them going in the valrei international. 

I get that there's probably a lot going on, but it's kinda hard to watch the vods when they don't stay on twitch long and there's been a bit of a delay between broadcast and youtube upload lately.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 9:45 PM, Themystrix said:

Finish your journal to get it. 100 rifts, helping on 250 missions etc all that easy stuff that everyone can do, like wear fully enchanted scale set. 

Ps. I already fear what you have come up with now towards pvp. PvE people should be far away from PvP decisions. How about devs making their own kingdom? Fully committing to PvP and all its aspects, attacking, raiding, defending etc. 1 year. You could get valuable info of how it works. Deeds free for all during the experiment. Just a thought... Wurm is too complicated to even devs to fully understands its mechanics and it should be changed. 

Is that really a thing? Finishing our journal gives us a cape? or are you saying that sarcastically? we cant all wear a fully enchanted scale set .. . . ..and if the cape is real, are they all the same spawned item or any choice of color?

Edited by Goldfinch

11 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

Is that really a thing? Finishing our journal gives us a cape? or are you saying that sarcastically? we cant all wear a fully enchanted scale set .. . . ..and if the cape is real, are they all the same spawned item or any choice of color?

Capes are all the same design sadly, can't be dyed from what I remember. Imagine your grandmas tacky red curtains with patterns, and it looks a lot like that.

The fully enchanted scale set is easily cheesed, just ask someone who trusts you to let you wear it for the journal. 100 rifts is a far worse goal.

39 minutes ago, MinorArchitect said:

I get that there's probably a lot going on, but it's kinda hard to watch the vods when they don't stay on twitch long and there's been a bit of a delay between broadcast and youtube upload lately.

Everything that's gone from the VODs should be on youtube. They stay on Twitch for 2 weeks

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Which video on youtube would this be in, at about what minute mark?

I wish there where crib notes for us folks who just can't stand to watch streaming/other people playing games.

• Like 9

For me the future is i just hope "standard" WO cluster / servers won't be closed for Steam WO or after launch, it would kill me to loose my characters, my deed, history, memories etc ... that's my biggest fear for the future.

Edited by Syhl
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Syhl said:

For me the future is i just hope "standard" WO cluster / servers won't be closed for Steam WO or after launch, it would kill me to loose my characters, my deed, history, memories etc ... that's my biggest fear for the future.

I'm fairly certain that won't happen. Even if something were to occur to cause a drastic change, it would likely be a merge rather than straight up shutting servers down. 

3 hours ago, Jore said:

I'm fairly certain that won't happen. Even if something were to occur to cause a drastic change, it would likely be a merge rather than straight up shutting servers down. 

I really hope you are right. Even if the population will decrease drastically (it already started btw) i want to keep playing on existing cluster... even alone 🙂

14 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Everything that's gone from the VODs should be on youtube. They stay on Twitch for 2 weeks

Suggestion-

Add links to those VODs or youtube videos to your news posts or a thread so people that don't generally watch them or have the ability to watch them see this kind of stuff easier :)

• Like 6

If someone takes a break in between paying years of premium, will the previous still count or will it all start from scratch?