Sign in to follow this  
Bentheblademaster

toggle showing helm

have it be able to toggle between showing your helmet and not.  with the cool mask let alone the cool face graphics  its a shame that to show it off I have to take off my great helm...  

I have played in games that allow you to not show your helm even if your wearing one.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Why not use an open helm instead?

Was my first idea too. But: I would appreciate if there were an action to open the visor of the great helmets so that the face were, at least partially, visible. I would like that even if such choice would result in diminished protection under that option, so that you could close/open visor.

Honestly, I would hate the option from other MMOs to let visble helmets vanish completely while worn. That is ridiculous imho.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

+1

While at it, add "skins" to armor types, no extra anything, just different looks. 

Or craftable armor pieces for example that looks different but uses its "parent" values.

Hey, new player. I would love to see an option to toggle show helm, on, or off.

Reading the comments above, doesn't seem like this is something people want. I almost always exclusively turn helm off in every game I play. Still would be nice to have the option here.

Maybe only on PVE? I feel this wouldn't be a wise change for PVP in Wurm, because if someone isn't wearing a helmet and you're trying to end 'em - you swing for the head. 😛  

On 3/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, Raix said:

Maybe only on PVE? I feel this wouldn't be a wise change for PVP in Wurm, because if someone isn't wearing a helmet and you're trying to end 'em - you swing for the head. 😛  

I can see that being a problem. I don't PvP so perhaps yes only a PvE options.

As for PVP, if player got showing helmet set to OFF:

- Enemy in local -> automatically temporary toggle ON showing a helmet.

- Enemy in local -> no enemy in local for 5 minutes -> going back to OFF setting

Of course, we are talking about enemy, visible in local tab, not hidden ones.

For player with toggle set to ON, nothing changes.