Sign in to follow this  
heiro

Salve of Frost bugged?

I wanted to try the Salve of frost potion and made a few test on it.

I killed a few troll with my Shortsword before and after i imbued it with Salve of frost.    Hardened Troll 11 hits before it dies

Normal troll      12 hits

After that i removed the legendary demise with Dispel and imbued the weapon with salve of frost

Weapon i used 

Glimmersteel Short Sword 84,95 ql

[12:38:51] It is imbued with special abilities from a salve of frost and will deal frost damage.

[12:38:51] Nimbleness has been cast on it, so it increase the chance to hit. [96]

[12:38:51] Frostbrand has been cast on it, so it will cause frost wounds. [100]

[12:38:51] A glimmersteel rune of Libila has been attached, so it will increase usage speed (10%)

[12:38:51] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [91]

[12:38:51] Mind Stealer has been cast on it, so it will steal skill knowledge from some creatures. [102]

The message i got in combat tab before and after i imbued it is still the same:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[09:36:20] You pierce aged hardened troll extremely hard in the chest and harm it.
[09:36:20] Your weapon freezes aged hardened troll.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[09:36:14] You cut aged hardened troll extremely hard in the chest and harm it.
[09:36:14] Your weapon freezes aged hardened troll.

I killed 2 trolls after  and it took the same amount of hits to kill them (hardened and normal)

I was expecting a bit less cause i had a 80ql necklace with Glacial81 + a rare ring 70ql with glacial91 equiped 

I know it supposed to change the kind of damage i deal but i dont see any difference at all before and after...  Anyone can explain a bit more or tell me what else to test ? Look bugged for me.

Also wiki say It does not affect extra wounds of other damage types caused by enchantments such as Frostbrand.

a 70ql ring with 91 glacial adds like 4% dmg to cold attacks, if you're using 2 pieces of jewelry they both have 66% effectiveness so like 5-6% dmg in total to salve weapon and frostbrand and stuff so seems perfectly normal that it doesn't reduce your TTK  because you were already overkilling it by more than what the ring+necklace adds

salve of frost itself only converts the damage type which its doing just fine, it doesn't add damage or anything, if you look at the enemies wounds they'll be cold wounds

Edited by Oblivionnreaver