Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

The Push and Pull of it all

Now I think this might be handy.....Just though of it when moving my work shop from my home to a new building.  which is a pain when it comes to ovens and forges and I do not have a wagon.... sooo here is my idea.

We can haul stuff up and down ladders... why not haul them ( drag them) behind a horse and or a cart. I am not going any great distance, but this would be easier than pushing, physically when one does not have a wagon.

What do you guys all think?

I don't really see a point. You'd have to slow down a metric crapton and risk damaging the item if you're going to drag it. If you're on deed, spam push or place it. Not on deed? Just get a wagon, people will make you one for free if you're close by.

15 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I don't really see a point. You'd have to slow down a metric crapton and risk damaging the item if you're going to drag it. If you're on deed, spam push or place it. Not on deed? Just get a wagon, people will make you one for free if you're close by.

You speak computer stuff I have not a clue about... I am on a deed.. two... a wagon is not practical for me at this time.. though would be nice to have one. I just do not have or want to critters for it atm... there is no damage if I am pushing it and if there is.. dragging it as I suggested would be the same amount of damage, any those who be in power can decided if it will take damage and if so how much. Unless you are one of those people you cannot say for sure.

i dont think thats nessecarry too. push/pull/place/turn is dedicated for precision placing, if you want to transport something, use a cart or a wagon as intended. that you refuse to have a wagon for your personal reasons for that, doesnt mean this mechanic needs reworking. i would so much more welcome some staircase option that would allow riding/leading/commanding one floor to another inside houses. Or bridge building inside a house.

5 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

i dont think thats nessecarry too. push/pull/place/turn is dedicated for precision placing, if you want to transport something, use a cart or a wagon as intended. that you refuse to have a wagon for your personal reasons for that, doesnt mean this mechanic needs reworking. i would so much more welcome some staircase option that would allow riding/leading/commanding one floor to another inside houses. Or bridge building inside a house.

your idea is lovely but please start a new thread with your own idea.. and I know about placing objects. I am moving from one building to another...  as stated I do not want a wagon at this time.. I am moving across my deed.. not fine tuning placement.

I think it's unnecessary, as stated by others a wagon can be used. Your refusal to use one for its intended purpose is what causes you to have to push/pull your items across deed. Simply bind push or pull to a key and spam it since you're on deed, should be practically instant each time and will allow you to move fairly quickly. 

when you're on your deed the push action takes like half a second, just bind it to "p" or something and hold it down, it'll be moving across tiles faster than you know it. pushing does no damage to items, but dragging an item if you could, should.