Sign in to follow this  
Dirt

Can't Open More Than 1 Client on Mac

Hi,

For the last two months at least I have not been able to open more than one client. Previously I could just click on the Wurm application icon and it would open a new client. However now when I do that it just goes to the window that currently open. If I right click on the program in "applications" and click "open", it again goes to the client that's already open and does not open a new client. This is pretty annoying because I want to buy premium for my dormant battery priest but there's no point if I can't have to two clients open.

I'm running Wurm on a 2018 MacBook Air with macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and currently up to date Java. This seemed to start a few months ago when I could no longer use the old Wurm application that I had been using previously and as a result I had to download a new version from wurmonline.com.

I apologize if this already has a thread, I did a few keyword searches but didn't see any applicable pages.

Best,

Dirk

Edited by Dirt
added a tag, and made a few edits

Mac applications don't seem to have a user-friendly way to launch multiple of native applications, but you can do this in the terminal (or make a shortcut with a shell script):

open -n /Applications/Wurm\ Online.app/

Doing that should allow to open more than one client at once.

To make a shortcut out of that command, see this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/281372/executing-shell-scripts-from-the-os-x-dock

Thank you Samool, that seems to have worked. Though I have to say that this seems to be an issue with Wurm not my OS. As mentioned above, recently I was able to open multiple Wurm clients. This issue started when I had to download a new version of Wurm Online a few months ago and is correlated with a Wurm update not an OS update it which makes it likely that the issue is related to Wurm not my system.