Sign in to follow this  
ArthurHawkwing

Trees and Shrubs

I would love to see more species of trees, I know Haven and Hearth have 47 species, each with its own skin, would love to see more fruit trees like peach, pear, plum, quince. Maybe more soft woods like Silver Fir, Blue Spruce, larch, Cypress, Juniper, Sitka Spruce, and more hardwoods like Alder, Elm, hickory, beech, poplar. Also bushes like black current, huckleberry, maybe some like holly and such that would have berries for brewing poisons.

• Like 2

Ooo you said poisons.   I am in.  

This borders Venom spell, so theres that to consider.  

But I am in for any flora additions, upgrades, and additional usefulness.  

I love the natural look of the game environment, but would like to see more diversity in plant as well as animal life.  The world of Wurm is full of yet unrealized potential in this area.  Don't get me wrong- I love what the devs have done!  I hold out hope though that they have further plans for these things that we have not yet seen.

Edited by Thalius

On 12/27/2019 at 4:09 PM, Arishok said:

This borders Venom spell, so theres that to consider.   

Oh I dunno.  Venom is just true damage, and it isn't really useful in PvE.

Poisons with more interesting properties (extra stamina loss per attack, random stuns, hallucinations, fear...) would add a lot to the game.

• Like 1

I was going to start a topic to suggest additional tree species, but then found this one.

I would like to see some trees from my neck of the... er.... woods.  I am from Oz, and apart from introduced fruit species, hardly any of the trees in Wurm are of kinds I would see.  We have pine, but for the rest we generally just don't see the others standing.

Admittedly, a lot of people think all our trees are eucalypt species and also think they all look the same, but there really is a good variety.  Here is a quick off-the-cuff listing of examples

white cypress (called cypress pine, but not a pine)

boabab

silky oak (not an oak)

ironbark/bloodwood

scribbly gum

acacia

blackbutt

moreton bay fig tree/strangler fig

paper bark (source of papery bark, but also oil)

jacaranda

she-oak (also not an oak)

bunya pine (Source of the dangerous bunya nut.  Not poisonous, but large and heavy and explodes on impact).

Edited by TheTrickster