Sign in to follow this  
Beretel

What made your Wurm start difficult?

My first Character and namesake of this forum account, started out as as food fodder for wolves as I spawned into Independence on a road leading to  "Freedom Market".   It was night and very dark.  There was no tutorial.   I came into the world with a knife and a flint, there was nothing else back then.  I died within the first five minutes from a wolf coming down the mountain.  I had no idea what I was doing, but there was lots of people helping out the nobs.      As you might imagine the entire area was clear cut from all us noobs spawning.   It forced us further and further away from the safe market place.   

A horse drawn cart came through the area and offered to take on noobs to their deed...  I thought great, I join a game only to become an indentured servant, but it was the best decision I made. At that point I had a made a bowel and had a few iron rocks in my pocket.   I learned a lot and was supported by others and eventually became mayor of that same deed as the previous owner moved on to make another deed.   When I play I always try to pay it forward and help out a few new people.  Even simple things like planting a few rows of cotton off-deed for the traveler to bandage themselves.