Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

[Fixed with graphics update] Large planters changing color when crops are planted

So I'm not sure if it's because mine are made of walnut and its just that wood affected, or not. but I made all walnut planters. I noticed when planting crops they change wood texture. Not a big deal, just didn't think it was intended :) EDITED TO INCLUDE: my neighbor came down and confirmed she also saw the difference, and watched the last one turn light when planting.

All of my planters were the darker color (walnut). The lighter ones became light as I planted crops in them. After noticing, I tried planting a different crop in the last 2 and got the same result.

UPDATE #2: When going to "untended" state, they darkened back to the original walnut color. When tending, they returned to the lighter color once again.

d5ae19c476.jpg

And after planting that third one in:

2aeb08dfa2.jpg

SO, to update.... planters turned the normal darker walnut again when untended, and then when I tended them they went back to the lighter color.

I tried to replicate this on test with no success.  All the walnut planters appeared to be the same shade no matter if they were planted, unplanted, tended or untended.

I'm wondering if your hedges around the planters affect the shade you see?

If you have a few extras, can you plant them out in the open where there is no fencing or trees to see if the same happens?

I don't think the hedges have to do with it. My neighbor also planted one and got the color change, and that conversation is shown here, as well as a video of it changing color when farmed.

To update, we found that when mushrooms are planted, it does NOT change color. Every other crop we have tried changes the color.

Also, this is Rockdawgz's garden before planting, with alternating maple and walnut planters.

ja2v2gw.jpg

and then after sowing, all planters turned light like so:

u5mVnEf.jpg

Edited by DemonaNightshade
wrong word :)

Figured out what's wrong with them, thanks for the report!

• Like 3