Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

Disable Chat/Tab options (Fixed)

I came across a lot of bad players, mostly are talking non sense and into politic situations. I mean some are pretty bad talking to themselves and not making any sense out of it. So I couldn't find a way to disable that tab esp Freedom and GL-Freedom. I have ignored a lot of players, but got tired of closing the tab, every time someone reply quickly, with those flashing red lights. Really starts to get annoying.

I don't hate people, just that some don't mix up and infact some are pretty bad during in conversation, esp when things get out of line. So the only way to avoid this is disable the whole chat window, but I cant get any message from friends, PM or even Alliance.

Some told me better off closing the chat window and play your way and enjoying the game, have been doing this for some time now. I wont stop playing cause there are bad players in the game, even if they are threaten me. Love the game, relaxing and fun!!!

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

which one of these groups do i fall into

f9 - right click body, manage, profile, set kingdom and global kingdom to hide

• Like 2

How about having a checkbox in player settings or better yet.. client text tab.. for Flask/blink or "change-color on new message" for the tabs.. local/gl-/freedom/trade.. that way you can have all the text flowing, no update color changing or flashing of such.. if you want - you read them, if not.. you do not.. or turning off chat tabs completely.. even if you receive the updates.. all you care about is to not read other's text from what I read above..

• Like 1

Thank you, I will look into this and see if that will work. At first though it would be under settings, doesn't look like there is any.

Got it, thanks. This really helps so I can avoid those hostile and immature players :)

Edited by Wildelf

On every login, I get "[15:28:46] <System> This is your Global Kingdom Chat.[15:28:46] <System> You can disable receiving these messages, by a setting in your profile. [15:28:46] <System> This is the Kingdom Chat for your current server. [15:28:46] <System> You can disable receiving these messages, by a setting in your profile."

Doesn't that show up in your client?

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

On every login, I get "[15:28:46] <System> This is your Global Kingdom Chat.[15:28:46] <System> You can disable receiving these messages, by a setting in your profile. [15:28:46] <System> This is the Kingdom Chat for your current server. [15:28:46] <System> You can disable receiving these messages, by a setting in your profile."

Doesn't that show up in your client?

After I login, seem to be okay. Doesn't show any details that you mention up there. Least the tabs are gone :)

Ok then all's well that ends well :). Personally, I would advise against closing tabs. Granted there are some players around who are always unnerving (at least to my taste), and sometimes, especially on GL, chats deteriorate to an extent that I stop reading GL. But very often, I obtain valuable insight and friendly information from that chat, too. Our Xanadu kingdom chat is nearly always pleasant, can't speak for other servers except during my visits, but then, I had similar impressions, even from Independence. 

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Ok then all's well that ends well :). Personally, I would advise against closing tabs. Granted there are some players around who are always unnerving (at least to my taste), and sometimes, especially on GL, chats deteriorate to an extent that I stop reading GL. But very often, I obtain valuable insight and friendly information from that chat, too. Our Xanadu kingdom chat is nearly always pleasant, can't speak for other servers except during my visits, but then, I had similar impressions, even from Independence. 

I agreed, sometimes it get crazy and don't wanna deal with it. Guess some players have nothing else better to do than talking to themselves, so I don't know if they are on medications or what, just crazy.

Personally I like to meet people in person, like roleplaying role to get to know them and maybe be friends. I do go out and boat around time to time, but unfort there some players on Indy aren't that friendly or they don't like me. Someday I will get out and explore other zones to see what it is like over there, had few wanted to me move there and hang out with them. But I just wasn't ready yet.