Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

Boat/Ship Sailing

I like the improvements on the sailboats, haven't see what it is like on others. But I noticed when you sail at full, the stamina drain seem to be pretty high. Any chance lower these numbers tad bit? So I wouldn't have to stop every few minutes to regain my stamina. Seem when you go fast or really fast, those numbers goes down quickly too.

Also would like to see wakes while moving.

• Like 2

Stam drain on boats has always been puzzling to me.  It is one of those game mechanics that make no sense unless it was made for a very specific purpose (PVP related probably).  But to make the whole world put up with it for the sake of one purpose is, well, typical Wogic.

• Like 4

Take alot more stamina than needed, should reduce it alot, and I would add the body strength factor to add more speed on boat when we still have stamina so it will be a bit more usefull.

30 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

what do you need stamina for when sailing

I’ve done fletching before, though as a passenger. 

38 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

When sailing IRL I usually just drink beer.  Doesn't sap stamina tho.  

I would enjoy sailing, hunting octopi, sharks, big blue mission whales - all while quietly whittling away at my never ending stacks of arch fragments.  

If that is somehow an unfair advantage- then I am at a loss.  

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

They suppose to use the commander speed for rowing probably good for (rowing boat, sailing boat and knarr) but i agree probably useless for (corbita,cog and caravell)

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

fighting... even on pve vs mobs;

randomly disembarking with a keybind/click and with pressed X to move forward.. could end you easily;

as stamina drains.. captains on boats can not do much.. but passengers can improve/repair.. 

Why is this limited in that way? pvp nerf again... over majority of pve maps?

Another thing is the ..stuff that happen with compasses and movement... you have to stop for the compass to settle... same thing goes for cart/wagons/mounts.. movement have to stop to interact with the object... : /

Just noticed that you can keep sailing even if your stamina is zero out, this is odd. But doesn't seem realistic though. Least I wouldn't have to stop every five to ten minutes regain my stamina, would be annoying to do that.

you can also keep riding and driving with stamina out, same with all vehicles and mounts. Just be careful when disembarking from a ship as you are in danger to drown without stamina.

Since there doesn't seem to be any reason for the stamina drain while sitting on a boat/wagon/horse, can anyone think of a reason for the game to keep doing it?

On 12/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, Retrograde said:

We've read a lot of the feedback and will be making a few changes. 

Stamina will not drain on PvE servers, it will remain on PvP servers for tactical reasons. 

The UI will be clickable to change state. 

The sails will need to change through states however, we feel this is a good middle ground to give the flexibility and benefits that most want. 

• Like 1