Sign in to follow this  
Calio

QL of rare scythe not affected by imping

Tried imping a rare QL41+ iron scythe about 19:00 EST yesterday evening and the QL doesn't change on either successes (+) or the repairs after failures (-).  Imping and repairing work normally as regards changing the QL of a QL74 rare pick +/-  and on a pair of low QL rare rakes.  All the tools mentioned are in the forge in my (Harley's) house

note that scythes use WS, not BS (picks and rakes use BS).  Try imping a similar quality carving knife or weapon?  What is your WS skill?

Yes, but the same tools are used to imp both and I'm not getting a change in QL as a result of either successes or failures.  Mentioned the others just to make the point that imping rares in general is working for me.

Will try imping other WS items when I get a chance later to see if applies to all WS imping.

Imping rare butchering and leather knives changes QL up or down properly, scythe still not.

Edited by Calio

make another random weapon and improve it to same ql(43+)...
you're probably stuck at skill+20ql above your skill and your improvement is barely doing anything... at that point...

if your ws is low.. think you've found your 'daemon' causing the 'bug' it's not a bug.. it's different skill which you have not skilled up enough to get better results you're aiming for

B

But I'm not getting QL drops on the repairs for failures either.  Nothing other than damage which is repaired at no QL cost .  Do those stop happening at the limit also?

what is your repairing skill at ?

you could always go bash something with the scythe... than repair it.. to see if it drops ql... and improve more if it worked.. 

Probably safer than bashing is... if you're able to cut trees with it....(you can with a shovel.. why not with a scythe.. safe to check that way if it does take /more/damage and repairing it.. drops ql)

---edit

If your blacksmithing is really high.. etc.. and your repairing skill is decently high... because of smithing or other skill grinds.... the amount of ql loss when you repair is also less, your improvement fails.. probably haven't done much damage?

Edited by Finnn

repairing is 53+, but the scythe hasn't even dropped .01 in over a half dozen failure repairs.

Will try what you suggest a little later

Repairing use damage does drop QL (.01on .11 damage), but can't tell if that .01 drop includes the accumulated damage on the half dozen imp failures (running .03-.04 damage each) that together didn't tick a drop. 

I'm guessing you're right Finnn and my expectation for how hitting the imp limit would actually play out was wrong (net regression), since I hadn't ever hit it before.

Edited by Calio
  • Like 1