Sign in to follow this  
jackjones

In Memoriam, Rapidron

The NEXA clan was saddened to hear of the passing of one of our own, Rapidron, aka Jakesully, back in October. 

Obituary

Ron was founder of a "Day One" Xanadu deed, Port Heidoho, named after his chihuahua.

He was an important member of our community, with a noble spirit exemplified by kindness, generosity, and wisdom. Within NEXA, Ron was always happy to lend a hand on member projects or participate in our community events.

The knowledge of his death came as quite a surprise, and only a few days after his deed fell from upkeep. (Rot in hell vultures..)

We know that he loved Wurm Online, because he kept coming back, much like the rest of us. 

We loved you too, Ron.

Rest-in-peace, Brother.

2019 October <Rapidron> lovely today I am

• Like 14

He'll be sorely missed by us all. He was always there, happy and cheerful. He was generous with his time and skills. There will always be a hole in our community where he was.

• Like 1

Sailing through Ron's deed was always a signal I was finally back home. He was such as wonderful person, always eager to help, and enthusiastically giving of his time. He is missed.

Fair winds and following seas.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 2

Vale Rapidiron 🌹

What we are, you once were

What you are, we will all be

• Like 1

In the time he was playing on Pristine; he had a nice cute little place full of maple trees and surrounded by hedges :) but he found his real home on Xanadu, once he moved there.

You will be missed, Ron. Rest in peace!

• Like 1

While i didnt know him, i actually remember seeing him found that deed.

Rest in peace

I just occasionally interacted with him outside of making the odd tool for him, but he casually lent me a full drake set to wear for the journals nonetheless, which he bought himself for his birthday for a 3 digit price. May not seem like much, but when people say that a generous soul has left the world a slightly worse place with its departure, I believe it.

Ron was a valuable asset in the Alliance, always up with good chatter, always there to help. Wurm is gonna miss him in many ways 😢

I never had the pleasure but I wish all the best to all the friends and family affected by this.

Rest in Peace. 

Just now seeing this, and I'm sadden by the lost of a great guy that was nice as hell and would go out of his way to do things for people in and out of the NEXA family. 

It's always sad to see post of this nature about people that not just played a game, but interacted in a way that it impacted so many people from different walks of life. 

rest in peace Jake and may your larder always be full and your wine barrels brimming. 🍻 🌹

• Like 2

Ron died, his deed fell, and the looters came. They started camping his decaying buildings with eager eyes on Ron's prodigious loot. (His deed was one of the oldest on Xanadu after all.)

What they didn't count on was the NEXA clan. We guarded our lost friend's treasure. We entered a cat and mouse game with the vultures, putting up new fences and bashing the looter's fences. We stood, vigilant, in hopes that when the walls fell, we would be there first.

In the end, what the pirates didn't count on was the generosity of Rapidron, the man, the legend. On Thursday night, one of our clan members realized he had access to the buildings. Rapidron lived on in the Wurm permission settings! The clan teamed together and squared away all of Ron's stuff, protecting it...

If I could have only seen the faces of the looters when they logged in to find the houses empty. (They had a wagon in one house, just waiting for the walls to fall.) 

This is a story of good vs. evil, better than a Star Wars trilogy!  At the ultimate conclusion, it was friendship that won out!

We will auction off Ron's stuff, in clan, and donate the proceeds to an animal-focused charity. Ron loved his animals, after all...

• Like 11