Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Most underrated MMO - vote

As i've said, in 2012 it would have earned my vote, but not in 2019

Not when you've killed two thirds of the playerbase 

one third were murdered during 'geddon.
one third are riding the wave.
one third of us love the game and what it tries to achieve call us caretakers and wurm a defiant grave if u must, perspective is a relative thing.
it's my understanding that half of those two thirds have moved onto WU and are still loving the game.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

one third were murdered during 'geddon.
one third are riding the wave.
one third of us love the game and what it tries to achieve call us caretakers and wurm a defiant grave if u must, perspective is a relative thing.
it's my understanding that half of those two thirds have moved onto WU and are still loving the game.

no

• Cat 1

18 hours ago, atazs said:

I don't get why those who are so negative continue to post on the forums. If you hate the game so much, move on. 

There are some of us who truly love the game, and appreciate the work they put into it.

• Like 11

19 hours ago, atazs said:

[15:48:37] You have not paid for premium time.  (Expired a couple of days ago)

That pretty much sums up my point of view on how things as they are.

I like that people hate Wurm enough to post about how they hate it and it's dead, but also love it enough to keep coming back (sometimes for years!) even after they've stopped playing. It's THAT good. :D

Edited by NeeNee
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

I don't get why those who are so negative continue to post on the forums. If you hate the game so much, move on. 

There are some of us who truly love the game, and appreciate the work they put into it.

There are people who love the game, but hate what happened to it.

• Like 9

Well, I love Wurm in all its guises, have voted for it in as many sections as I can and will do anything I can to try and entice more players to these wondrous lands.

• Like 3

Most of us are sticking around because the game was good in the past.

The general attitude being one of "is this the kind of storm you can wait out, or are we utterly doomed this time?".

Just from the replies to this thread and the other, it's not "most" and it's a bit odd that you think you're the representative of all Wurmians. We're all different people with different perspectives (though obviously people with negative opinions tend to post more, over and over, about their grievances. That's just human nature.). 

• Like 1

There is not another game like WURM, not even sure if there is one close. WURM has the Best Housing cause you build it and can build bigger and better than Elder Scrolls Housing, Better Furniture that you build, more storage space that you build, closest game to WURM with building your own House is Life is Feudal and you are so limited. WURM Just has the best housing.........WURM WILL LIVE

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

Just from the replies to this thread and the other, it's not "most" and it's a bit odd that you think you're the representative of all Wurmians. We're all different people with different perspectives (though obviously people with negative opinions tend to post more, over and over, about their grievances. That's just human nature.). 

"Us" in this context being the people who complain on the forums but still play.

Also the forums are NOT a good way of estimating people's thoughts on wurm.  Go out there, leave local, go explore.  When you (eventually) find someone outside your bubble, ask how things are going.  You'll learn a lot, even if it's just from the empty silence of everyone who voted with their feet.

You'll hear a lot more "kinda empty" than "amazing" these days.

Well, after 2½ years of not playing WO, I've just bought a year's premium. And, astonishingly, I'm not drunk.

Mind you, I am an idiot.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

There is not another game like WURM, not even sure if there is one close. WURM has the Best Housing cause you build it and can build bigger and better than Elder Scrolls Housing, Better Furniture that you build, more storage space that you build, closest game to WURM with building your own House is Life is Feudal and you are so limited. WURM Just has the best housing.........WURM WILL LIVE

There are plenty of games that have better house building mechanics than Wurm does, and offer more variety of modular pieces to aid in your creation design.

Some that come to mind are:
Ark
Rust
Stranded Deep
Subsistence
The Forest
Outlaws of the Old West

The game that Wurm should "rip off" (building wise) is 7 Days to Die. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

"Us" in this context being the people who complain on the forums but still play.

Also the forums are NOT a good way of estimating people's thoughts on wurm.  Go out there, leave local, go explore.  When you (eventually) find someone outside your bubble, ask how things are going.  You'll learn a lot, even if it's just from the empty silence of everyone who voted with their feet.

You'll hear a lot more "kinda empty" than "amazing" these days.

That's not at all what I hear, but as I said, we're different people with different experiences meeting different people with different experiences. Do I meet a lot of complainers? Yes, but that's just in every avenue of life. I meet a lot of thrilled newbies, long term and still happy folks, and everywhere in between. We have free will and can choose to leave a game we hate or stay and complain. We can find a game we love and play it as long as possible. We can be constructive and try to make it better or try and destroy it if it's not "perfect". That's the great thing about a game with people from all over the world. 

Edited by NeeNee
  • Like 4

Well, it's all a matter of perspective. I - for one - find Wurm better now than ever before.

Not forcing my opinion on anyone. Just sayin'.

• Like 8

On 12/20/2019 at 7:36 PM, Vomusu said:

There are people who love the game, but hate what happened to it.

What did actually happen to it? 

From what I can see, it has actually gotten better as a game. So, it's rather what happened to the world around it?  Or do you mean WU?

• Like 2