Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 19/DEC/19

Why would you loose all of your stamina from steering a ship?

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Yes stamina drain is intended. 

May be intended, but feels so wrong....

Previously we could choose if we wanted to boost the sailing speed by activating autorun, with the associated stamina drain, or sail by the wind along and not have a stamina drain. Now when sailing we loose the ability to choose if we want autorun on or not....

I assume the issue with the bottom of the FPS/Speed text getting clipped has been raised....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Mooring anchor can now be inside the boat hold and you can just right-click the boat to moor. On raising the anchor, it checks if there’s room in ship’s inventory – if there is, then it puts the anchor there instead of player inventory.

whether the dev team had it planned already or took my suggestion from the valrei post, it doesn't matter thank you sooo much, just that one simple change made sailing that much better. :)  

• Like 2

Not wanna be party pooper but I kinda dislike command system for sailing now, feels very strange, would rather have new sets of key for lowering/raising sails and having forward and backward arrow for oars in appropriate direction like before...

• Like 1

So with the stars return, the rainbows (aurora borealis on deck?) it reminded me of the attention the cosmos got last year during knights of seris event - would be pretty damned cool to keep pimping the heavens up and adding more “observable” content :)

Edited by Arishok
Stoopid grammah

cool update, but.... wasn't really how i imagined furl sails to be implemented when we had the option to whenever press forward or backwards and it instantly reacted, not with this timers and for my taste insane stamina use. Would of been cool to have the furl sails as secondary option and not forced to everyone to use constantly, one step forward, two steps back. Revert it slightly backwards, so we can sail as usual, but give us some the option to keybinds how to operate the sails, or those neat icons that you have made... make them as buttons and separate it from that stamina/health/food bar.

• Like 3

We've read a lot of the feedback and will be making a few changes. 

Stamina will not drain on PvE servers, it will remain on PvP servers for tactical reasons. 

The UI will be clickable to change state. 

The sails will need to change through states however, we feel this is a good middle ground to give the flexibility and benefits that most want. 

• Like 10

😮 you guys did it a great patch notes log on a feature without the usual "lets leave it up to people to guess what does what" thank you ❤️

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Thank you.

Wasn't my feedback but I see the merit in it, and more importantly, I think both this early but considered responsiveness to critique and as the person above me said, taking the time to lay out very clearly how the new systems work are both really positive moves.

Credit where it's due, because I know there's a lot of negativity flung at you folk at the moment. Thanks Retro and the dev team. Good job!

• Like 3

Thanks for the sailing tweaks will make it much convenient (now if I  keybind the sail states... I'm not the mouse guy :P ).

Well done for some good patches, Dev Team.  However...

Having tried sailing and bouncing around servers to get where I wanted to be - and having to press w the forward key several times to get the sails up each time I crossed a border (and had to disembark and re-embark as per usual) - I am not happy to have this imposed as a compulsory action.  It is most inconvenient.

Please could there be an option to have the sails unfurl/etc on profile, so those who do not want it can opt not to have it. 

For example, under Other Settings there could be:   "9. Have sails unfurl/etc"  with on or off options.

I was quite happy with the previous way my boat sailed....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baloo said:

Having tried sailing and bouncing around servers to get where I wanted to be - and having to press w the forward key several times to get the sails up each time I crossed a border (and had to disembark and re-embark as per usual) - I am not happy to have this imposed as a compulsory action.  It is most inconvenient.

It sounds like the problem here is that the boat isn't retaining its sailing mode after server transfers, which surely could be fixed?

25 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

It sounds like the problem here is that the boat isn't retaining its sailing mode after server transfers, which surely could be fixed?

That's a good thing in my book to stop after server transfer, may well help getting disembarked people back on boat and reduce the chance for botched server crossings. Honestly, I can't see much of a problem here anyway, it's not that we cross server borders hundreds of times per day. Having to hit a key 4 times is not exactly a major stress for the keyboard and the player. :)

I feel that arriving to another server and sailing in full speed while the server is still loading is a big issue, I'd like to be able to see where I am before the ships brings me in an unwanted direction.

And "hundreds of times" is a huge exaggeration.

It does acts different every time, sometimes I fell off and sometimes I sailed on in full speed.

I dislike the sailing update. My anchor when raised disappeared (it's not in the hold, not in my inventory, nowhere) and I strongly dislike the fact that furling and unfurling are done with the movement keys. I want to be able to give my own keybinds to the sails, different from my movement keys.

5 hours ago, Eobersig said:

That's a good thing in my book to stop after server transfer, may well help getting disembarked people back on boat and reduce the chance for botched server crossings. Honestly, I can't see much of a problem here anyway, it's not that we cross server borders hundreds of times per day. Having to hit a key 4 times is not exactly a major stress for the keyboard and the player. :)

I'll disagree.. some like sailing or do deliveries.. or do wt.. other they do.. but sailing a lot and crossing borders as it is will cause them to press that W several times to get back to normal(optimal) speed..

Makes more sense to not lose stamina, and to not have to disembark to settle compass or to disembark because of boat/camera bug with crossing a border.. retaining boat sail status with border crossings.. it's still you, it's still your choice to be sailing at lowest or top speed you could be.. why is crossing making you repeat the same controls over and over.. can't players be 'spawned' with the settings(sail status) they're traveling with?

On 12/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, Retrograde said:

Stamina will not drain on PvE servers, it will remain on PvP servers for tactical reasons. 

The UI will be clickable to change state. 

The sails will need to change through states however, we feel this is a good middle ground to give the flexibility and benefits that most want. 

Outstanding! I can't wait for these changes. Looking forward to them!

Assign other keys to the furling. Use same keys for all movements in vehicles.

Every time I accidently press w or s while wanting to press a or d the darn things start happening.

Worst update since changes to priests.

• Like 1

who moved my cheese?!

I like the update completely.  Movement is more fluid.  I like that I can control speed and my view when scouting coastline.  Parking is so much easier.  

Yes the controls are different, but once I figured the timing it felt more intuitive. 

Overall I really enjoy the look of the ships as well.  

For what it is worth - I really like this update - and removing stamina drain on PVE?? I am excited about that! Thanks.  

• Like 1

I agree that the changes are great, and thank you. As to operating sails separately from speed control, I would favor that one may choose either to keep them together, or use different keybind and/or mouse click only for sail control. Both modes have their merits and drawbacks.

Edited by Ekcin
typo/grammar

boat changes are great. Leaves people no excused for bad parking and harbors full of boat arent ruined by a sea of sails.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:00 AM, TeeeBOMB said:

Hey... maybe glitch, maybe not. But I just planted my 1st new large planter on the 2nd floor of a building under ground. Should we tell the developers? or keep it on the down low for a while?

1aUVTPi.jpg

That's the 2nd floor. Not on the ground floor.

Maybe when they said, 'can only build a planter on the ground', they meant you can not build it in ur inventory or in a cart or some such as that?

Heya TeeBomb,  i thought building underground houses couldnt touch mine walls at all.  this new?  i been on so many breaks  im outta the loop

1 hour ago, Zaymin said:

Heya TeeBomb,  i thought building underground houses couldnt touch mine walls at all.  this new?  i been on so many breaks  im outta the loop

You can build that on deed.

Quick pack update:

• Fixed some large planters not showing wood type
  • Added wood types to Empty shelf, Amphora rack, Planter rack, Small crate, Large crate, Wagoner container, Bow/Weapons/Polearm rack, Fishing rod rack, Armour stand
  • Patched holes in rose hedges

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Saroman said:

Quick pack update:

• Fixed some large planters not showing wood type
  • Added wood types to Empty shelf, Amphora rack, Planter rack, Small crate, Large crate, Wagoner container, Bow/Weapons/Polearm rack, Fishing rod rack, Armour stand
  • Patched holes in rose hedges

oh god, I cant wait to see my crates, all kinds of colors! XD Thanks!

Sign in to follow this